C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take your high HP tuning to the next level with help from ECS and Haltech-tech thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:22 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,081 Likes on 655 Posts

Default Take your high HP tuning to the next level with help from ECS and Haltech-tech thread

Although we have built and tuned many high HP Vettes that have ran as low as 8.4 on a factory computer, there are many draw backs to using the factory computer for this purpose. Simply put the factory PCM focuses on Emissions and drive ability, wide open throttle is some what a secondary function that is not as controlled as your cruising air fuel ratio is. We have found that with a high HP car that means monitoring these items regularly and making changes throughout the season to keep the car spot on.

ECU's like the Haltech Sport 2000 series, that have been built with running a high HP car as its primary focus, keep its mind set on maintaining WOT conditions. This is crucial to engine longevity, and safeties can be added on things like fuel pressure-air fuel ratio-EGT temps-oil pressure, whatever you choose.

Most Corvette owners (understandably so) have no interest in gutting the car and rewiring it to a race car status, without body modules etc leaving many factory components inoperable including the dash. We have had the pleasure of working with Haltech to integrate the Haltech Sport 2000 series ECU into your Corvette or Camaro to run all the engine controls, while still retaining all your factory components including STATE INSPECTION!!

This will require wiring to be completed in the PCM area, but as far as the driver is concerned, no one would know anything was changed. Wiring in the ECU takes a day or less if you have done it before, and we will provide full instructions on how to wire in the unit, along with any of the additional items like a waste gate or EGT sensors etc etc. We can provide you with a start up tune file, and the lay out of the software is very close to tuning software used for stock ECM/PCM's in it's general lay out.

Short list of what it will offer is;

-dual wide band 02 inputs with Closed Loop WOT corrections

-Dual Fuel/Ignition/Boost Tables (For Race Gas & Pump Gas maps at the flip of a switch)

-individual cylinder tuning

-EGT inputs with an over temp shut down you set if wanted.

-Sequential or Staged injector control for up to 16 injectors

-built in Drivers for High impedance (Saturated) Injectors or Low Impedance (Peak& Hold) Injectors (no Injector driver box required)

-Wastegate boost control by RPM/Load/Vehicle Speed with Gear offsets

-two step/antilag/launch control off Trans brake or Clutch pedal

-NOS controls (RPM & TPS activation window, Timing Retard, Fuel Enrich)

-VE Speed Density Tuning

-Engine Protection Functions based on various parameters

-High Resolution Internal Datalogging and Easy to use PC Based Datalogging

-Logger “Playback” function retraces run through ECU Manager software to show EXACTLY where make changes

-E85 Flex Fuel Sensor Compatibility (Turn your car into a True Flex Fuel Car and make BIG power on E85!)

I really think this will help revolutionize high HP tuning on the Vettes, there has never been anything between stock, or gutting the whole thing of wiring and going to a race car set up that is laid out for the end user as easily as we have made it in my opinion.

Take your tuning level to the same parameters that are available to the Pro Mod drivers who use this ECU for their tuning needs.

Now your tuning!!

Sport 2000 base ECU with short harness kit $2,123

Single wideband kit $249

Dual wideband kit $329

(Upgrade Single to Dual Wideband +$80)

EGT sensors/bungs etc $1,510 (Includes free CAN hub - $191 value

ECS dealers and forum shops, contact me for dealer applications

Here is a link for some info regarding the Platinum Sport 2000 series ECU;
Sport 2000 Specs: http://www.haltech.com/wp-content/up...fications1.pdf

Have question? please ask!!

I will post up pics of a few cars we have completed and have been racing for a while now, (including the fastest supercharged C6 ZO6) just give me a day on that to get them posted.

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 07-30-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

For all those curious about this set up, I'm one of the fortunate few that ECS chose to test the set up on my supercharged vette. There are SOOOOOO many features available to make high horsepower / torque that much more potent. One that I am really stoked about is boost-by-gear / boost-by-rpm. Doug and crew are finalizing my set up and I'll be able to report back my impressions - daily driven, hard road driving and the strip. This set up is revolutionary to me in the corvette world. There is such potential for this system that it basically is limited only by the driver's / tuner's creativity.

Stay tuned for my impressions, vids, Performance Box numbers and 1/4 runs.

John

Last edited by 1SwtRide; 07-27-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Nick@Straightline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

This sounds awesome!!!! Still being able to run the factory gauges makes this priceless Great job guys can't wait to test it out!!! Also the E85 sensor option sounds great!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Ah! Someone has been has been trolling around for some time to see this post!
john lets hook up and hang and grub!
Old 07-28-2012, 05:55 AM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
Nick, absolutely up for some hang out time, grubbing and driving
Old 07-28-2012, 09:05 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Nick, this set up is ideal for the BAM BAM turbo build!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:44 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Nick, this set up is ideal for the BAM BAM turbo build!!!
I like the safety features. Lets face it if anyone is building a high HP build why wouldn't the owner wanna try to protect their investment? EGT shut down, closed loop WOT trim, ect ect
Old 07-28-2012, 02:46 PM
EGash
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I like the safety features. Lets face it if anyone is building a high HP build why wouldn't the owner wanna try to protect their investment? EGT shut down, closed loop WOT trim, ect ect
I introduced myself in the thread in C5FI, but I suppose I should restate here, for those guys in the C6 section that don't venture over to the C5FI. I manage Haltech USA, located in Lexington KY, and I've been working with Doug for the past few months on this project. I'm here to help spread knowledge and answer any specific questions that may arise.

Nick is exactly right, cars like his, John's and countless other high powered Vette's are the exact sort that benefit greatly from the reliability, consistency, and safety of an ECU designed primarily for racing and performance.

I use a Haltech Sport 2000 ECU, Dual Wideband, and 8 EGT kit on my car, E85 Flex Fuel Sensor, and though it's not as fast as some on here, I believe it's proven the concept, and continues to serve as a test mule for new ECU-related accessories... more on that later.

If anyone's interested, Here's a few old threads of mine.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...in-the-9s.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/perf...ly-driver.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...-78-141-a.html
Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 AM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I know this is probably a dumb question, but would the active handling traction control still work If I switched to this on an 2008 C6Z?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 AM
EGash
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BLWN427
I know this is probably a dumb question, but would the active handling traction control still work If I switched to this on an 2008 C6Z?
That's not a dumb question at all. The benefit of a parallel type ecu installation like this, is that the oem ecu/bcm still maintain all of their original functionality. In a TCS/AH situation, The oem ecu will still control/manipulate the DBW throttle and the BCM/abs will still pulse the brakes.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 AM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

is there a way to get a demo of the software? when you say the stock ecu still controls the dbw, then technically all idle airflow parameters are still tuned via the stock ecu??

Last edited by Cunningham Motorsports; 07-29-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 PM
meatbag
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haltech has all the software available on haltech.com
Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 PM
EGash
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
is there a way to get a demo of the software? when you say the stock ecu still controls the dbw, then technically all idle airflow parameters are still tuned via the stock ecu??
That's correct. The stock ECU still controls the DBW, so the idle airflow is still controlled by the stock ECU. The Haltech will control Fuel and ignition.

Here's a good post I made over in C5FI on this same topic.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1581433311-post16.html

Originally Posted by meatbag
Haltech has all the software available on haltech.com
Yes, the software is free to download. ECU Manager 1.11 is the newest version. We update the software 2-3 times per year; always a free update.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by EGash
That's correct. The stock ECU still controls the DBW, so the idle airflow is still controlled by the stock ECU. The Haltech will control Fuel and ignition.

Here's a good post I made over in C5FI on this same topic.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1581433311-post16.html

Yes, the software is free to download. ECU Manager 1.11 is the newest version. We update the software 2-3 times per year; always a free update.
looks nice... we are building a F2 blown c6z in the shop now, and although i am very comfortable tuning this thing to 1000+hp range on the stock ecu, as i have learned tuning my 2012 mustang, closed loop WOT wideband control is awesome, and makes things much safer...
Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Rez90
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in.

setup looks awesome.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Elic
Mr Bowtie
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 07-29-2012, 03:48 PM
DOUG @ ECS

The EGT logging is fantastic, it really lets you know whats going on. More importantly the safety features that can be added in now. Many of the high HP LSx builds are 20k, this will keep it together! Now we have the consistency of fueling in any weather down pat, and the safeties ready to go so you shut down before melt down!!!.

The features for launch control are great, you really can dial the car in to keep it right on the edge of hooking the whole way down the track.

We have just started with all the options available to us with this ECU.

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 07-29-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Take your high HP tuning to the next level with help from ECS and Haltech-tech thread

Old 07-29-2012, 03:52 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by RyneZ06

If you are familiar to LS tuning, the software will be a breeze for you IMO. It's very similar if not just more basic.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I cannot wait to get this on my car-big congrats on ECS/Haltech for bringing this to market!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:16 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Arun@CCP
I cannot wait to get this on my car-big congrats on ECS/Haltech for bringing this to market!
Thanks buddy! I'm going to push you to go with the EGT option...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Take your high HP tuning to the next level with help from ECS and Haltech-tech thread