C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best supercharger for C6

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:34 AM
BSharkey
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best supercharger for C6

I bought a 2012 C6 base manual trans about 6 months ago. I have yet to do any engine mods yet, just audio. I am thinking supercharger although unsure of which one is the best as far as: power, durability, and Longvevity. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sharkey
Old 05-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by BSharkey
I bought a 2012 C6 base manual trans about 6 months ago. I have yet to do any engine mods yet, just audio. I am thinking supercharger although unsure of which one is the best as far as: power, durability, and Longvevity. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sharkey
Well this is a huge can of worms. You will get many different opinions I'm sure. I will simply say we love our Edelbrock Eforce. I really like the instant torque. It's been out for a long time and is VERY reliable. You really need to decide and provide as many specifics as you can on what you really want the car to do and be used for.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:52 PM
BSharkey
Heel & Toe

I'm looking to use it as an every day but at the same time go to the track on the weekends. I've herd of guys putting a 50 or 75 wet shot in addition to the supercharger. I love 0-100 and 100-180. I want the best of all worlds including reliability aspect. I had my eye on the E force due to the fact they offer a 5 year 100,000 warranty as apposed to the other guys 3year/36k also looking to do the exhaust headers and cam as well. On that my buddy swears by b&b although I've been reading different opinions on that as well i just want straight performance. On the exhaust I could careless how it looks or sounds. That's why we buy corvettes is to go fast.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

OK Ours is our daily driver so check that off as good for the Eforce and it has been dead nuts reliable so give it another point. You may find methanol a better combo than using nitrous to go with the blower. Going with headers and cam will knock you out of warranty as the Edelbrock kits can only add warranty if you use their tune. By going with headers and cam you will have to have a custom tune. Just do several searches on this board and educate yourself as best as you can to make sure you feel good about how and where you spend your hard earned money. Get a realistic goal for hp and realize that up to about 650-700 your rear end and tranny will limit you more than the engine will. What I'm trying to say is the LS3 is a damn tough engine and will live at power levels above what the rest of the drive train will up to a certain level. We did the 599 Eforce kit and Kooks headers and hi flo cats with a custom tune. Our car is right around 650hp at the crank and puts 510 to the rear wheels through the automatic trans. The A6 steals more of the engine power than a manual will so you would get a little more power at the rear wheels than we do just because of the tranny. At this level on a daily driver you have to respect it as WOT on real street radials can get a less experienced driver in bad trouble quickly. Most guys will tell you that have these monster hp cars that they are extra dangerous on the street at hp levels over 550-600. Even at 510 our GS will spin violently on WOT. I learned this even more road racing a couple of months ago. There were other supercharged cars there and we were all skating all over the place. Maybe try to find a buddy locally that has a sc car and see if he will take you for a ride or even better let you drive a little. If you were close to me I would be happy to let you drive my car and I will tell you this everyone I have taken for a "spirited ride " have all got out trembling. Good luck with your project, I hope I may have been a little help.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:34 PM
lilredvette05
Racer

Also depends on what are your long term hp goals... Are you wanting big big hp or just average gains. I think PD blowers are really fun on the street because of the higher tq at lower rpm but the centri blowers are nice for street and track just my opinion.

I would prob do a ECS or A&A on that car with alky control meth kit to help with intake temps and make more power that's after I did headers and full exhaust. Going with either of those you could swap head units for an upgrade down the road
Old 05-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

I just noticed you are in Dallas, come to the 1st day of the Hot Rod Power Tour this coming Saturday and come to the Edelbrock trailer. We are displaying our GS there and we can talk in person more about your car and you can check ours out.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Polar Jet
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with a centrifugal supercharger offered by companies like Procharger/A&A/ECS (chose the ECS SC1500) over the root (Edelbrock) type. My A6 LS3 has a 2800 stall and a 3.42 gear in it so I felt that I didn't need low end power. My car revs up so fast and makes WAY MORE than enough power at low rpms as it is. I can still drive the car like it was stock below 3,000-3,500 rpms which I do most of my driving anyway, but if I go above 3000 or so, the car just pulls like crazy, right up to redline, each gear pulling harder and harder.

Without the gear and stall in my car, I would have given the roots blower (probably the Edelbrock E-Force) a lot more attention.

Both systems are great and reliable. It's like asking if I prefer a son or a daughter. Both are fantastic, just different!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:33 PM
BSharkey
Heel & Toe

You guys have been a great help. Thank you for all the info. I will definetly come out this Saturday. I saw your GS, looks awesome. I was curious, do I need to upgrade the hood or will it fit under the factory hood?
Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

You guys have been a great help. Thank you for all the info. I will definetly come out this Saturday. I saw your GS, looks awesome. I was curious, do I need to upgrade the hood or will it fit under the factory hood?
It will fit fine under your stock hood. We ran ours that way for several weeks. I just liked the carbon fiber and the vents on that hood.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:45 PM
BSharkey
Heel & Toe

I like the carbon Fiber look on white silver and red cars.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 PM
BSharkey
Heel & Toe

Where is this event
Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

ProCharger!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Originally Posted by bsharkey
where is this event
uot
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

ECS! ECS! ECS! You get a great kit for your $, Procharger is also top notch def. a lot more pricer tho, upgrade to the D1 if you go that route...
Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
ProCharger!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Polar Jet
I went with a centrifugal supercharger offered by companies like Procharger/A&A/ECS (chose the ECS SC1500) over the root (Edelbrock) type. My A6 LS3 has a 2800 stall and a 3.42 gear in it so I felt that I didn't need low end power. My car revs up so fast and makes WAY MORE than enough power at low rpms as it is. I can still drive the car like it was stock below 3,000-3,500 rpms which I do most of my driving anyway, but if I go above 3000 or so, the car just pulls like crazy, right up to redline, each gear pulling harder and harder.

Without the gear and stall in my car, I would have given the roots blower (probably the Edelbrock E-Force) a lot more attention.

Both systems are great and reliable. It's like asking if I prefer a son or a daughter. Both are fantastic, just different!
I think that the Edelbrocks are great, and overly maligned, but I really don't get this "low end torque" argument. I can barely hook in first gear with a stock GS. Are these guys who want low end torque shifting at 3K?

I'm about freeway roll-on and I think that's where a centi will really take off. I'm looking at an A&A soon...
Old 05-29-2013, 08:19 AM
sdunn
Instructor

Get rid of the vette and buy a Nissan 370Z

Get notified of new replies

To Best supercharger for C6

Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Originally Posted by sdunn
Get rid of the vette and buy a Nissan 370Z
Where did that come from?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
1quickTXVette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got an A&A kit and I love mine. Centri was the perfect choice for me, I did not want the most possible low end torque. I have a hard enough time getting traction, I did not need instant boost. My boost kicks in at about 3-3500rpm and comes on hard throughout the rpm range. The car drives like stock when you want it to and you cant even tell you have that much power at your disposal, but when you get on it it roars to life and is a ton of fun! I love the sound of the blowoff valve on centri's, you cant really hear it in the video, but on the street youll fall in love with the sound.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:27 PM
1BADLS
Racer

Thanks,

Sharkey
I have a Eforce Supercharger installed on my 08 Corvette. I love it! I race my car every weekend. Like you, I did not want to effect the street ability of my car. I will also be in Arlington this Saturday for the Hot Rod Power Tour. I live in Denton. Feel free to send me private message if you would like to discuss further over the phone or to arrange to see my install in person.

Quick Reply: Best supercharger for C6