C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all the people who think you need 6 bolt blocks for big boost-step in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
69ls6
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
Here's a pull I did at 18psi. We actually tried to back down the torque. I'm usually closer to 20psi but it threw down 1056rwtq and promptly blew off the tires. I didn't care enough to throw people in the trunk and I already have a graph with 1073rwhp on it but terrible picture lol.

I'm the ysi car making 976,When I dynoed mine the first time it blowed the tires OFF at 4000 rpm range and it showed a crazy torque number,Something like 1130+.We calmed it down at little and sprayed 3m gasket adhesive on the tires and fixed that problem.My point is I thought if the car spins the dyno numbers up straight up..

bwt.I would really like to run your twin car.I also am a 6 speed.I love to race everything.We may even do a roll,just not up to 200 mph.maybe a 30-160
Old 04-02-2013, 06:20 PM
69ls6
Burning Brakes

Haha that would be awesome. Win or lose I love putting foot to floor.

Thought it would be interesting to compare my 1000ftlbs at 4200rpm to those blower guys (used to be one).

From a dig I'm not that dangerous as a 6-speed in this car takes a lot to get her out of the hole. I built it to roll out and smash people.
I forgot to say,I love the look off your car.I'm wanting a c6 BAD.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 69ls6
sprayed 3m gasket adhesive on the tires
Damn, not a bad idea. I've never had a problem with spinning unless it wasn't strapped down right. Admittedly, mine came loose on 18psi and 19psi pulls right when the turbos lit off, but nothing wild (just a wiggle and quick dip on the graph). Nobody in the back and just two straps for 1000whp.

Drewstein, YER DEWING EER RONG! Lol. I can't talk though. I haven't even had the stones to drive mine on the street past 16psi. Dyno queen for life.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I forgot to say,I love the look off your car.I'm wanting a c6 BAD.
First, I should have never sold my C5 lol. All I really did is just spend more money and C5s are beautiful IMO. My C5 was also a centri car and made the cover of Corvette Magazine.

Second, if you're ever near Az I'd be happy to run. It seems like Mexico is right next door lol.

This thread caught my eye because I worry about the 4-bolt to 6-bolt jump. I almost cracked 1100 on a 4-bolt and I wonder how much she has left. Yes my turbos are almost out of gas too but they're well sized for my current goals. Plus I've still to run anyone on full kill. From rolls I haven't had much trouble pulling people on lower boost. Several of my friends with 500-600rwhp cars have run me from 70 and I don't even downshift to 3rd lol.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Sleeper09
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread caught my eye because I worry about the 4-bolt to 6-bolt jump. I almost cracked 1100 on a 4-bolt and I wonder how much she has left. Yes my turbos are almost out of gas too but they're well sized for my current goals. Plus I've still to run anyone on full kill. From rolls I haven't had much trouble pulling people on lower boost. Several of my friends with 500-600rwhp cars have run me from 70 and I don't even downshift to 3rd lol.[/QUOTE]

Very nice numbers. If you don't mind me asking, what heads are you running. My understanding is that the aftermarket heads with the thicker decks help keep them sealed. IMHO 6 bolts is better than 4 and I have a 4 bolt set up. Race Proven has manage to keep my stock ls7 heads planted with over a grand at the wheels. But the question that remains for me is at what rwhp and rwt are they required for your heads to stay sealed. I understand there are several factors that have to be considered, one being how the car is being used. I know a lot of people go 6 bolt for peace of mind and that may be all the requirements that is needed. I get this because a thicker deck aftermarket head is what I have chosen to go with for that peace of mind.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
69ls6
Burning Brakes

First, I should have never sold my C5 lol. All I really did is just spend more money and C5s are beautiful IMO. My C5 was also a centri car and made the cover of Corvette Magazine.

Second, if you're ever near Az I'd be happy to run. It seems like Mexico is right next door lol.

This thread caught my eye because I worry about the 4-bolt to 6-bolt jump. I almost cracked 1100 on a 4-bolt and I wonder how much she has left. Yes my turbos are almost out of gas too but they're well sized for my current goals. Plus I've still to run anyone on full kill. From rolls I haven't had much trouble pulling people on lower boost. Several of my friends with 500-600rwhp cars have run me from 70 and I don't even downshift to 3rd lol.
Are you not going to any of the 1/2 events?

What kind of roll do you guys do?

Motor should live if you have a good tune. I keep mine afr around 10.8-11.1. I'm losing a bunch of power.I picked up 60 rwhp from going from 10.6 to 11.0.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by carlos@redline-motorsports
Not to mention that a 4 second engine dyno pull is not the same as an 8 sec 1/4 mile pass. It's still impressive on a stock bottom end but really doesn't dispel the need for 6 bolt setups. Conservative timing and keeping the RPM's down helps tremendously in keeping the heads down. One of the other major causes of heads lifting in turbo applications is excessive exhaust back pressure which is not typically an issue for the blower guys but is common with so many people running undersized turbines on their big cube V8's.
Didn't hotrod mag do a TT 5.3 with a stock bottom end using twin eBay 72mm turbos and make about 1200bhp? Loads of people are emulating this on ls1 tech. If the motor blow they just swap out for another one and dial back a little. Lol
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 PM
narfdanarf
Pro

^yeah there are quite a few guys going 8's on stock blocks over there...it's all in the tune. With conservative enough timing you can run as much boost as you want as it's not a DIRECT contributing factor to the extreme cylinder pressures required to lift a head. Detonation is real killer. I would personally rather have an oringed iron block over a 6 bolt flat deck block any day of the week.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by narfdanarf
^yeah there are quite a few guys going 8's on stock blocks over there...it's all in the tune. With conservative enough timing you can run as much boost as you want as it's not a DIRECT contributing factor to the extreme cylinder pressures required to lift a head. Detonation is real killer. I would personally rather have an oringed iron block over a 6 bolt flat deck block any day of the week.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Are you not going to any of the 1/2 events?

What kind of roll do you guys do?

Motor should live if you have a good tune. I keep mine afr around 10.8-11.1. I'm losing a bunch of power.I picked up 60 rwhp from going from 10.6 to 11.0.
I would like to go. I got the build done too late to register for TI. If there's an event you're attending throw me a PM and I'll see if I can drag the car out to it. I prefer the southwest if possible lol.

We stick around the tried and true 40 and 60 rolls. I've never complained when someone wants something else either.

I'm running ported LS7 heads. Didn't see any reason yet to spend big money one something else. The turbos are 1.02 A/R to try and keep pressure low with the big cubes.

Quick Reply: For all the people who think you need 6 bolt blocks for big boost-step in!