C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LMR Blue Vette at TX2k13

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 PM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet C6
Sdunn, did you get some video of your car running at TX2k13? I'd like to check that out if you have a Youtube channel or other link. I think I remember your car from some Youtube vids when it had a 454 and a 200 shot??

I think he changed the setup to 454ci twin 6766 making 1300+rwhp
Built by Lethal Performance I was hoping this car will race some of those Lambos , GTRs or any fast car.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM
sdunn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did change the LSX454 with 200 shot to LSX427 with twin 67s. Lethal Performance in San Antonio helped me create this beast. The previous nitrous set up made 838 RWHP. The turbos have surpassed that by a massive amount. I enjoyed the nitrous setup, but it doesn't compare to the twins. The only thing worth talking about was running a yellow TT Viper with 1250 rwhp.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:34 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sdunn
I did change the LSX454 with 200 shot to LSX427 with twin 67s. Lethal Performance in San Antonio helped me create this beast. The previous nitrous set up made 838 RWHP. The turbos have surpassed that by a massive amount. I enjoyed the nitrous setup, but it doesn't compare to the twins. The only thing worth talking about was running a yellow TT Viper with 1250 rwhp.
man next time out we would love to hook up with you.

i got to run 10-12 GTrs and so many other cars/trucks/and bikes, but i never got to find over a 800RWHP vette. we ran over 50 runs, really wish we could find the "BAD BOY" builds like yours so we could have some fun
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM
garner
Advanced

Was it a yellow ugr coupe?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 PM
sdunn
Instructor

Originally Posted by East Tx Muscle Cars
man next time out we would love to hook up with you.

i got to run 10-12 GTrs and so many other cars/trucks/and bikes, but i never got to find over a 800RWHP vette. we ran over 50 runs, really wish we could find the "BAD BOY" builds like yours so we could have some fun
I will definitely make it out again next year. It would be nice to hook up with other vettes. It looks like the big crowds were either Lambos, Vipers or GT-Rs.

Originally Posted by garner
Was it a yellow ugr coupe?
Not sure who built it, but it was a coupe. I saw it in other vids from the weekend. The vids showed it as a 1250 rwhp car in the description. I met another local Viper owner and he knew the car also and said it made 1250.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 PM
garner
Advanced

I will definitely make it out again next year. It would be nice to hook up with other vettes. It looks like the big crowds were either Lambos, Vipers or GT-Rs.

Not sure who built it, but it was a coupe. I saw it in other vids from the weekend. The vids showed it as a 1250 rwhp car in the description. I met another local Viper owner and he knew the car also and said it made 1250.
Gotcha. Cause a soldier at Fort Hood had a yellow coupe built by ugr and it was making around that power. I'll have to look for the video and see if it's the same car
Old 03-20-2013, 11:41 PM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garner
Gotcha. Cause a soldier at Fort Hood had a yellow coupe built by ugr and it was making around that power. I'll have to look for the video and see if it's the same car
A "soldier"?

... Guessing his real title was a little more senior
Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I am surprised that LMR hasn't received a phone call from the local DA office telling them knock off the street racer of else! That video of them blowing by cars at 190 plus on the street is ....just scratching my head here.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 AM
garner
Advanced

Originally Posted by McMung
A "soldier"?

... Guessing his real title was a little more senior
Believe he was an officer, never asked his rank. But you'd be surprised what you see on base lol
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
I am surprised that LMR hasn't received a phone call from the local DA office telling them knock off the street racer of else! That video of them blowing by cars at 190 plus on the street is ....just scratching my head here.
Because it was in Down Town Mexico City
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 AM
SGCZR1
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw it in other vids from the weekend. The vids showed it as a 1250 rwhp car in the description. I met another local Viper owner and he knew the car also and said it made 1250.
I know the car, how did you do against it?
Car is under 1100 rwhp, traps 150 in the 1/4.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by East Tx Muscle Cars
Because it was in Down Town Mexico City

OH yeah thats right! sure DA believes that..

What are some 60-130 times LMR has laid down?
anyone know?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

UGR builds some incredible cars doubt anyone can dispute that!! To me though.... the GTR's did unreal 7-8 cars in the 8's@163-172mph is very stout!!

No shattered transmission, blown engines, these extreme GTR builds are very impressive!!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasil
UGR builds some incredible cars doubt anyone can dispute that!! To me though.... the GTR's did unreal 7-8 cars in the 8's@163-172mph is very stout!!

No shattered transmission, blown engines, these extreme GTR builds are very impressive!!

Did you get yours already?If not good luck with your purchase
Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jasil

The GTR's have engine and transmission failures just like other platforms, maybe you just don't know about it
Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 PM
madmax4499
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by user_name
The 17psi is fine on these 16's. I run 23psi once I'm in 4th. I'll probably go back to straight pipe once this issue is fixed. We are looking at cutting a hole straight into the bottom of the housings, welding a flange, and doing some new tubing to the wastegates. It will be a straight shot into the wastegates from the t3 flange.

Vince, some of the bigger motors cause more backpressure and have less restriction obviously to see a lower psi. I don't believe the 8psi without modding the wastegates and tubing, which some have. Other options are to restrict it at the air filter and/or exhaust for some craptastic spool.

I purchased 100% of this kit through TTI. I've ported the housings, and I went in again to do some more porting. That was a fix by itself for the guys like you with the smaller turbos to a certain point. Not gonna cut it here.
I just put TTix on my car last fall PTE 62-65's I get 8psi on the 3lb spring with the evolution gates. No cat's with NPP mufflers. I used the .63 A/R hsg. "street car"
Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by madmax4499
I just put TTix on my car last fall PTE 62-65's I get 8psi on the 3lb spring with the evolution gates. No cat's with NPP mufflers. I used the .63 A/R hsg. "street car"
I've got 3" downpipes with a .82 A/R so I'm moving some air. A bigger motor is going to push more out of the gates. Dsteck I believe sees 12psi on gates with a similar setup to mine with his 427. All this should even matter. Could run straight pipe and get 5psi when designed correctly.

Get notified of new replies

To LMR Blue Vette at TX2k13

Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
The GTR's have engine and transmission failures just like other platforms, maybe you just don't know about it

yup i know!
20k for fully built one and set LC nice and high and bye bye!

seems that the lambos and gtr guys are hush hush...
i wonder that if you buy a car from UGR that you sign off that you will never talk bad or else we will never work on your sh*t....
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 PM
jmuck
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SDunn I wish you would've posted something here, I'd have been down to run you for sure even with my traction issues.

Last edited by jmuck; 03-21-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
What are some 60-130 times LMR has laid down?

I can't speak on LMR or Joel's behalf, but after Tag (Orange TTG) raced the Vette I personally heard KC say that they set a new record for their cars 60-130 times which was 3.01 seconds. For those of you who don't know that Orange UR car is a 6spd that makes north of 1750whp on kill and yes Tag is a gear rowin ****!

As for Tejano Blue it will be back in full force to be competitive at TI I am 110% positive on that. The car was way down on power on the run with UR because of fuel pump issues. If I were to guess Tejano was down at least 500whp from what they normally run boost only and they still had the spray to use but if I had that motor I wouldn't of risked it either so smart move on Steven's part. IIRC the car was seeing -3 degrees on the shift which if any of you know how much that thing makes it was leaving everything on the table. A fail safe that Pro EFI has built in is when it senses low fuel pressure it starts to pull timing, and if that isn't enough it will start killing cylinders and there goes all your power so you don't blow your motor up. I saw this for myself with my own car on the dyno last week when running low on fuel and I must say it's a pretty cool feature. You can set up your oil system to be the same way incase the pressure starts to drop and a few other things can be incorporated as well it's a pretty nice system.

Quick Reply: LMR Blue Vette at TX2k13