C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force catch can information

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Default E-Force catch can information

background.

2011 GS with E-Force 1591 installed about 12 months ago. i dont drag nor road course. just heavy footed from time to time

it started with P0106 code for Map-Sensor error. the code would appear and disappear sometimes for more than a month. lately it has been constant enough that i ordered the exact Bosch map sensor that comes with the 1591 kit.

i read the part number off the Bosch sensor to ensure i ordered the correct replacement.
thats when i noticed oil that had climbed the threads on the two backmost bolts, circled in red
Name:  e-force-oil-found.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  48.1 KB

thats when i went.. hummm.... bet the sensor is also covered heavyly with oil. when the old t-map was removed, it was indeed covered with oil. now i dont know if that was causing the map error, but at this point, it seems reasonable to get a catch-can. probably should have long ago anyway.

so......... question(s)

1) do i need a duel valve catch can, or single valve (duel i think)

2) i could go with Rev Xtreme (RX) or Elite Engineering (EE). what works best for fit? (price isnt the limiting factor at all)

3) will i pretty much need to cut the cover like this for a fit? (like realcanuk did)
Name:  e-force-cover-notch.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  158.4 KB

4) if you know cool, if not, no problem. would oil on map sensor cause error(s)? (already changed it and getting catch-can, just wondering)

5) i called Edelbrock about the oil sitting on top of the back two bolts. they wouldnt call it normal, but more like, "yea that happens, no big deal". should i consider it a big deal and get a new cover gasket?

6) oh last question. from what i read , just passenger catch can is needed. right????
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

The elite catch can works fine. It has nothing to do with the oil from those bolts though. I posted about this issue before. The problem is the bolts in there are a little short and come loose. I replaced them all with slightly longer ones and used locktite. They now stay tight and don't seep any oil.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

These are the bolts I changed to. It looks better with black bolts anyways.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Good information.

I like to track my car from time to time so a catch can along with a boost gauge is in my future.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force catch can information

Quick Reply: E-Force catch can information