C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS is getting down and dirty with the 60th

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 PM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
You will make more power with a lighter car, as long as you have the proper tire on the car it should not even be a contest.

I like the way you think
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 AM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by londonk
Yeah I have seen your car on YouTube before I do know that that car runs very good it is fast hundred 44 mile-per-hour trap speed is rocking the corsa exhaust is probably the direction that I am going to because I have had that system in the past and I do like the way it sounds I was looking for a different sound or a different product just to switch things up but at this point I think I am just going to go with what I know I have heard them on modified Corvettes before and they are very loud! You definitely have a fine car my friend how do you like that ANA system compared to the ECS system the guys at A&A a were cool but Doug and Chris took all the time in the world to let me know what my options were and they made me feel very comfortable not to mention they have a lot of support here on the forum
There are a lot of solid choices for exhaust systems. I do really like the bullets. It's just the drone that drives me nuts. I will say I've had more compliments on the sound of my vette than any other car I've owned. I appreciate the compliments!

As far as my A&A kit, the kit itself is flawless and the guys at A&A are awesome and always more than helpful! Josh and I are on first name basis being I've spoken with him so much since ive had the car and the other guys up there have been just as helpful. That being said, ECS also makes a great kit. I've spoken with them a few times on the phone and they have been helpful as well. I've never run their kit but I'm sure it's just as nice as my A&A setup. I don't think you could go wrong with either to be honest. ECS seems to have a lot of followers here on this forum but A&A has just as many followers/customers. Like I said, both winning companies as far as I'm concerned and I'd trust my car in the hands of either.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Some update photos for you.
Attached Images    
Old 02-22-2013, 05:20 PM
madmax4499
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have been building A6's for a long time, nothing new really. I will post up a break down of what is switched out when I have a little more time.
I am interested in this as well,
Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 PM
BADMOON
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yes... i hope i do crap myself LOL because its really hard to go backwards when you modify cars... This is what i came out of last year. It was truly a monster and would burn rubber going a 100 Mph with big Mickeys on the rear....this car sounded like gates of hell were opening at wot... im going to miss that car! New doors open and old ones shut...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...-800-rwhp.html

Where is that car?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 PM
londonk
Pro

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Where is that car?
The car is in TN... a young guy bought it may god be with him as it was Dangerous! ! !
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
londonk
Pro

Some update photos for you.
Doug ,

Thanks for all your hard work on my car...

If any of you guys are thinking of doing light mods or major mods to your car ECS is tops .... Im sure half or more of you guys know that LOL

Why in the world would you go any place else ???
Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by madmax4499
I am interested in this as well,
Me too. Not because I have one.. just curious.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 AM
madmax4499
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im at 600 rwhp now, im sure after racing this summer i will need some work on the trans. I will need trans, converter and a killer tune to complement them. might just have to add meth if i feel the trans can hold it.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM
londonk
Pro

Originally Posted by madmax4499
im at 600 rwhp now, im sure after racing this summer i will need some work on the trans. I will need trans, converter and a killer tune to complement them. might just have to add meth if i feel the trans can hold it.

I have no clue how long a stock trans would hold up ....im finding answers all over the place so i just eff it . Build it and do a stall while your at it. Get it built and be done with it.......that way you can rest easy
Old 02-23-2013, 06:23 PM
BADMOON
Heel & Toe

The car is in TN... a young guy bought it may god be with him as it was Dangerous! ! !

WTF!!! I have been putting money away to save up for that car.. I didnt know you sold it... I knew you were thinking about it... You were talking about throwing an auto in that car... Did you ever do it? I seen that badass camaro with big turbo you were selling on tech and you said it was faster than the vette.. Do you think it would be faster if the vette had an auto..? That vette is my dream ride bro... Why did you get rid of it for a C6?

Last edited by BADMOON; 02-23-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM
londonk
Pro

WTF!!! I have been putting money away to save up for that car.. I didnt know you sold it... I knew you were thinking about it... You were talking about throwing an auto in that car... Did you ever do it? I seen that badass camaro with big turbo you were selling on tech and you said it was faster than the vette.. Do you think it would be faster if the vette had an auto..? That vette is my dream ride bro... Why did you get rid of it for a C6?
Okay this sounds like a threefold question so I will start with question number one no I did not put an automatic in the car it still was a T 56 when I sold it I really wanted to do an auto conversion but at the time it just didn't make sense financially car had so much money in it already it was just going into oblivion to make matters worse I really wanted a four speed but the guys that were talking
about doing the conversion were telling me that the 4l 80 would not fit without hacking the Tunnel up in the car

The answer to your second question would be I am not very sure man if both cars were auto it would be a pretty close race the Corvette does have an lb and aerodynamic advantage but turbo cars seem to really put down the torque. Turbos rule for the most part the Camaro has a better drivetrain for sure

The third answer to your question is that I wanted a nicer car and 60 TH anniversary cars were selling at a very good price it was very hard to pass up on a car that was already an automatic and taking the car to ECS was a no-brainer

Last edited by londonk; 02-23-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 PM
BADMOON
Heel & Toe

Okay this sounds like a threefold question so I will start with question number one no I did not put an automatic in the car it still was a T 56 when I sold it I really wanted to do an auto conversion but at the time it just didn't make sense financially car had so much money in it already it was just going into oblivion to make matters worse I really wanted a four speed but the guys that were talking
about doing the conversion were telling me that the 4l 80 would not fit without hacking the Tunnel up in the car

The answer to your second question would be I am not very sure man if both cars were auto it would be a pretty close race the Corvette does have an lb and aerodynamic advantage but turbo cars seem to really put down the torque. Turbos rule for the most part the Camaro has a better drivetrain for sure

The third answer to your question is that I wanted a nicer car and 60 TH anniversary cars were selling at a very good price it was very hard to pass up on a car that was already an automatic and taking the car to ECS was a no-brainer
Thanks.. Your C6 is badass but I loved that black C5. I have been literally dreaming about it sincce Gil had it for sale. Anyone who knows anyting about building a fast car will definately have to agreewith you.. Autos win Sticks are fun. I love the C5 body style but I have a feeling an LS3 with auto would be more what I need.LOL
Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 PM
londonk
Pro

Thanks.. Your C6 is badass but I loved that black C5. I have been literally dreaming about it sincce Gil had it for sale. Anyone who knows anyting about building a fast car will definately have to agreewith you.. Autos win Sticks are fun. I love the C5 body style but I have a feeling an LS3 with auto would be more what I need.LOL

Amen to that brother ...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 AM
seung012
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm here looking at your car... Very nice!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:35 AM
londonk
Pro

Thanks for the kind words ......im jealous im stuck in Ohio for the time being....
Old 02-26-2013, 09:56 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Fired up this morning!

Get notified of new replies

To ECS is getting down and dirty with the 60th

Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 AM
londonk
Pro

Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts