C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going FI, will an LG G7X3 cam be ok for an FI set-up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM
06LMBZ
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Going FI, will an LG G7X3 cam be ok for an FI set-up?

Well I decided to let the mod bug win and get an FI set-up. My plan is to go with an ECS kit, with a Novi 2200SL headunit and keep the boost managable and make somewhere around 650/650 or more, lol. I currently have an N/A H/C/I set-up making 566/500 and would like to know if I can keep my LG G7X3 cam or should I upgrade to an ECS big blower cam? I really have grown to like the aggressive cam sound and would like to keep that. Thanks for the help and opinions.

Oh I did a search and found a post by LG where they made 655ish with there G7X3 cam and a D1SC running 5 psi, just want to see if anyone has another opinion.

Last edited by 06LMBZ; 11-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:20 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

If you like the cam then leave it in there, and adding a blower will have no ill effect, it will still drive like a cammed car until you are into boost, The boost will just bleed down a little faster than a "blower cam" would, I have the black mamba cam in my car along with a D1SC at 11 psi and I like how when just tooling around I'm more on the cam before I'm even into boost, then when the boost kicks In its a whole new animal, and you should make way more than the 650, I'm putting down 755 on a stock bottom stock heads ls7 with a fairly safe tune.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 AM
06LMBZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gregs94
If you like the cam then leave it in there, and adding a blower will have no ill effect, it will still drive like a cammed car until you are into boost, The boost will just bleed down a little faster than a "blower cam" would, I have the black mamba cam in my car along with a D1SC at 11 psi and I like how when just tooling around I'm more on the cam before I'm even into boost, then when the boost kicks In its a whole new animal, and you should make way more than the 650, I'm putting down 755 on a stock bottom stock heads ls7 with a fairly safe tune.

Wow bro, I had no idea you can run that much boost and be at that power level safely. Are you using meth, how long/many miles have you had the car with that set-up? What exactly do you mean boost bleed down? I am fairly new to FI, had a few FI mustangs but always with stock cams.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by 06LMBZ
Wow bro, I had no idea you can run that much boost and be at that power level safely. Are you using meth, how long/many miles have you had the car with that set-up? What exactly do you mean boost bleed down? I am fairly new to FI, had a few FI mustangs but always with stock cams.
If the car runs strong with a cam any cam N/A. It will even run stronger on FI.
Just a thought.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 AM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Been running my set up for about 2k miles, with the bigger cam boost will bleed off some due to the valve staying open longer so you lose some of the boost, I also run meth as well.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM
06LMBZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gregs94
Been running my set up for about 2k miles, with the bigger cam boost will bleed off some due to the valve staying open longer so you lose some of the boost, I also run meth as well.
Wow, that is amazing I had no idea LS7s could run that kind of boost and power and survive. You must have one hell of a tuner! What kind of TQ does she make?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:15 AM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Wow, that is amazing I had no idea LS7s could run that kind of boost and power and survive. You must have one hell of a tuner! What kind of TQ does she make?
Yeah it can be done, some may say otherwise but many on here have done it, can't remember who but someone was running 15psi through a stock ls7, 657 TQ is what I made.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That cam is great for a blower. Not a lot of overlap, and a good intake:exhaust bias
Old 12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
06LMBZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
That cam is great for a blower. Not a lot of overlap, and a good intake:exhaust bias
Louis, my biggest question is will I gain or losing anything either tq or hp by switching to a blower specific cam. I love this cam, and if I won't lose power then I will stick with it. However, If the general concenus is I will gain additional power with a blower specific cam, I may be incline to swap it out. Who knows, maybe I will go for a bigger cam, as longs as I can maintain driveability I will do it. I would love to maximize my set-up and make 650-700 rwhp if it can be done safely while running limited boost, say between 5-7 lbs. Just wanted some opinions to help me decided. Thank you for your time,

Allen
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM
06LMBZ
Burning Brakes

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To Going FI, will an LG G7X3 cam be ok for an FI set-up?

Quick Reply: Going FI, will an LG G7X3 cam be ok for an FI set-up?