C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS working on my new 2013 GS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 PM
powertriprob
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS working on my new 2013 GS!

I finally bit the bullet on a new 2013 GS from Kerbecks figuring a C7 was a couple years out of my grasp. It was a really decent deal I thought for a 2LT with NPP, Black wheels, red Calipers and ZR1 spoiler...black on black for $48,6XX + title/reg fees. Being all the way in Alaska it had to be a good deal to go across country. At the same time since we have little corvette performance expertise locally I decided I should have whatever done while it was down in the states. My initial choice was Tom Wong in WA whom does excellent work and helped me on my previous car but the pricing and logistics I just couldnt make work routing the trip home.

I found ECS was about an hour away from Kerbecks. They responded quickly and Chris put together a package for me at a price I could afford (barely) since my resources were pretty tapped! They are going the extra mile and picking the car up from Kerbecks and running it some miles back to get a little break in time. Being that we are limited to 91 Octane in Alaska and my goal to try and have a 550 rwhp reliable package we decided on the following:

ECS Supercharger package
Headers and xpipe to mate to existing NPP with mild to wild
Boost and Fuel pressure guages
And a little lowering to help get the stance more aggressive

They will pick the car up and have ready for me on the 1st when I fly in. Thus far they seem great to work with and I am excited to see the results. I'll have about a 600 mile run before I load it into a trailer for the remainder of the trip and I know they will probably have me run it easy during a break in period but I'll post more on this experience after I pick it up. It will then be garaged then until May next year since we already have snow here. Hopefully it will be dialed in great when I arrive! Once again, I appreciate the service thus far and I hope the work on my car is every bit as good.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You will regret not running it to the other coast before boxing it up.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by powertriprob
I finally bit the bullet on a new 2013 GS from Kerbecks figuring a C7 was a couple years out of my grasp. It was a really decent deal I thought for a 2LT with NPP, Black wheels, red Calipers and ZR1 spoiler...black on black for $48,6XX + title/reg fees. Being all the way in Alaska it had to be a good deal to go across country. At the same time since we have little corvette performance expertise locally I decided I should have whatever done while it was down in the states. My initial choice was Tom Wong in WA whom does excellent work and helped me on my previous car but the pricing and logistics I just couldnt make work routing the trip home.

I found ECS was about an hour away from Kerbecks. They responded quickly and Chris put together a package for me at a price I could afford (barely) since my resources were pretty tapped! They are going the extra mile and picking the car up from Kerbecks and running it some miles back to get a little break in time. Being that we are limited to 91 Octane in Alaska and my goal to try and have a 550 rwhp reliable package we decided on the following:

ECS Supercharger package
Headers and xpipe to mate to existing NPP with mild to wild
Boost and Fuel pressure guages
And a little lowering to help get the stance more aggressive

They will pick the car up and have ready for me on the 1st when I fly in. Thus far they seem great to work with and I am excited to see the results. I'll have about a 600 mile run before I load it into a trailer for the remainder of the trip and I know they will probably have me run it easy during a break in period but I'll post more on this experience after I pick it up. It will then be garaged then until May next year since we already have snow here. Hopefully it will be dialed in great when I arrive! Once again, I appreciate the service thus far and I hope the work on my car is every bit as good.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

This should be pretty cool. How are the roads in Alaska when it's not snowing? Any emissions testing?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 PM
seung012
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great choice! Same here for my z06. Look through my threads to see the great experience!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:40 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Old 10-18-2012, 08:40 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,094 Likes on 659 Posts

We'll take good care of it.

I can post up progress pics here if you like?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 AM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We'll take good care of it.

I can post up progress pics here if you like?
Your in good hands with these guys!

Old 10-18-2012, 04:02 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 789 Likes on 535 Posts

Post some pics.
Good price
Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Nick@Straightline
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Great choice!! ECS will take care of you. Top notch guys and great product
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Impressive stock numbers! Actually the highest I have ever seen from an LS3, 380/387!

GM is doing something right for 2013!

Beautiful car btw, it is exactly what I would order for myself if I was buying a new Corvette, literally.

I do have to ask though, the final destination is Alaska and no heated seats???
Old 10-19-2012, 12:56 PM
nmalik3000
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS

I do have to ask though, the final destination is Alaska and no heated seats???

ECS FOR THE WIN!!!
I love my ECS supercharged / cammed / meth blasted ride
Old 10-19-2012, 06:52 PM
powertriprob
Heel & Toe

Thanks everyone and ECS. Pics would be great. To answer questions:

The roads are not so good but not that bad...part of the package of this environment. Vettes get low miles up here driven maybe from may-september and usually not as daily drivers. Is it practical or a good investment...No....but life is short and this is something I always wanted to do so I went for it. No emmissions as of this year!

Doug...those stock numbers do look strong...that is fantastic. Thanks for the update!

I had to make some financial choices....3LT pkg w/ heated seats was thousands more and although I would like to have it among the other features, that was money I just couldn't justify when the performance upgrades were more of a priority for me. I almost went base coupe...but the 2LT was on this car and it was already built and on the way. I did not build to order. In all honesty, I thought people up here might have a tough time paying the 2 or 3 thousand more for 3LT during resale when NADA doesn't recognize any of the 3LT options in the book value. With the 2LT you get the Bose and NAV add in value at least. I can see it being a selling feature in a daily driver market for certain due to comfort and if money wasn't an issue...I'd be all over it!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 964 Posts

Attaboys for adding those mods to a brand new ride. I gotta question the wisdom of lowering it though. It's pretty damn low as is. Rough roads......lowered vette.....repairs
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 AM
powertriprob
Heel & Toe

That is a fair statement and I have gone back and forth a lot. I do realize the risk of bringing it down...I won't have them slam it but closing that wheel well gap a little looks so much better IMO.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Pics??
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM
DOUG @ ECS

I'll work on the pics soon! We are in full swing of the install at this time.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS working on my new 2013 GS!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
bbudman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are going to have one fun ride. I feel sorry for you having to put it away once you get it. That sure will make for a long winter! Let's not forget a big for ECS and their customer service. It sure is nice to know they are getting everything handled for you before you fly in!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Vetter 1
Drifting

Default Two thumbs!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Atomic C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default heated seats

BTW if you are mechanically inclined you can install heated seats in your GS. I put in a very nice three setting system for both seats in my 08 for about $350 and a weekend worth of my labor. The on off switches even matched and mounted in the factory location.
PM me if you want additional info. I love my ECS SC and Meth as well.

Quick Reply: ECS working on my new 2013 GS!