C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hennessey supercharger tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 AM
wveruner
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Hennessey supercharger tune

HAS ANYBODY WITH A HENNESSEY SUPERCHARGER KIT DONE A TUNE BESIDE THERE TUNE? SUCH AS CHUCK COW TUNE? IF SO BIG DIFFERENCE SINCE INJECTORS FUEL PUMP MANIFOLD T STAT ARE ALL DONE FROM HENNESSEY WITH THERE TUNE?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I wouldn't let chuck cow or hennessey touch my car.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I'd run the opposite way. I'm sure you could find a better tuner in Cali.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
^^This! ^^ I'd stay away from both.

Wveruner, you're 10min from me. I've had experience with most of the performance shops in the area. Pm or email me and I'll give you an honest opinion of the good, bad, and ugly.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Le Mans Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know about Chuck but I certainly agree with the Hennessey statement.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
^^This! ^^ I'd stay away from both.

Wveruner, you're 10min from me. I've had experience with most of the performance shops in the area. Pm or email me and I'll give you an honest opinion of the good, bad, and ugly.
I would hear what this guy had to say.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by wveruner
HAS ANYBODY WITH A HENNESSEY SUPERCHARGER KIT DONE A TUNE BESIDE THERE TUNE? SUCH AS CHUCK COW TUNE? IF SO BIG DIFFERENCE SINCE INJECTORS FUEL PUMP MANIFOLD T STAT ARE ALL DONE FROM HENNESSEY WITH THERE TUNE?
The issue for any calibrator will be knowing what the HPE kit was supplied with such as injectors, pump, ie...

Any shop with a strong knowledge of calibration should have no problem dialing in the car.

Personally, as a calibrator, the mail order "tune" stuff has its limits. Too many variables when you don't have the car in your hands.

Chucks done a decent job in dealing with mail order stuff and I'm sure Hennessey must have someone helping them get the programs close. You may just want to source a local reputable shop.

Howard
Old 10-11-2012, 05:25 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Isn't the Hennessy kit just an E-force? If so, is it Hennesys tune or is it the canned E-force tune? So, did Hennessy really tune anything at all?

Your bes tbet is to find the most reputable and knowledgeable tuner within a 1/2 day's drive (one way from your home) to put their hands on the car. Getting a mail order tune may get you what you need but the pool of talent able to do that via email is small.

If you do mail order, look no further than ECS. But even so, I prefer to have my tuner nearby.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
You may just want to source a local reputable shop.

Howard
someone that can see what is done to the car and make the appropriate adjustments while they are tuning is your best option.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could well be a very conservative calibration from Hennessy, especially if they have a warranty attached to the installation. If that''s the case, then yes, some substantial gains will be seen.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM
uptown193
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I totally disagree with you about Chuck COW. Chuck is the only person that I let service my vette and he does an excellent job. Chuck lives for vettes, that is all he ever does. I don't understand how you can say that you wouldn't let Chuck touch your car.

To the OP if you are ever in the NY area or Chuck is in your area I would 100% recommend him to tune your car. He brought my car back to life and gave it more life. He has a passion for his work and vettes. I will personally pay for your tune if your not 100% satisfied.

Rich
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM
pamperedcar1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure gains could be found as most tuners do not let the car leave the shop set on kill. especially if the warranty is in place. as for all the negativity about different tuners there is always much more behind the scenes. I have seen shops bend over backwards to try and please customers and then the same customer is on the forum bad mouthing the tuner the same day with a one sided story. you can't please all the people all the time. it's always nice to have a tuner actually have the car in hand but this could also be done with an auto Cal and a wideband. I have used chuck cow and I have never met somebody with more determination and passion for what he does
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uptown193
I totally disagree with you about Chuck COW. Chuck is the only person that I let service my vette and he does an excellent job. Chuck lives for vettes, that is all he ever does. I don't understand how you can say that you wouldn't let Chuck touch your car.

To the OP if you are ever in the NY area or Chuck is in your area I would 100% recommend him to tune your car. He brought my car back to life and gave it more life. He has a passion for his work and vettes. I will personally pay for your tune if your not 100% satisfied.

Rich
Rich can you tell us what mods are done to your C6 as far as forced induction-and the results after Chucks tune?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my car is currently at hennessey socal getting the HPE650 package done. it's always good to see both sides of the customer experience. Trust me before i went the way i did, I did plenty of reading and am well aware of all their documented history, but for the bad publicity, there is plenty of positive as well. Calculated risk? we'll see. Should be getting the car back in a little over a week from now.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'10-'11

Conv_GSdriver What pkg did you get? Did they mention what the boost was going to be?

I have a 2010 GS coupe with the Hennessey 650 pkg. I'm very happy with the car.

I'm sure you will be very pleased with yours.

Kelly
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Same pkg you have, the HPE650. As far the boost, I did not ask specifically yet.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:19 PM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'10-'11

You will like it!!!

I had asked and I don't remember the guys name but he said 12 lbs or psi not sure which. I don't think that's right but I don't know for sure. To be clear I'm not bashing or bitching, I love mine, I just wanted to be clear. My dyno sheet shows 520 hp and 450 or so for tq. Also mine is an auto.

Kelly

Get notified of new replies

To Hennessey supercharger tune

Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
619grappler
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
my car is currently at hennessey socal getting the HPE650 package done. it's always good to see both sides of the customer experience. Trust me before i went the way i did, I did plenty of reading and am well aware of all their documented history, but for the bad publicity, there is plenty of positive as well. Calculated risk? we'll see. Should be getting the car back in a little over a week from now.
Wow, with CMS literally in your backyard, you opted for Hennessey?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 PM
GS_V
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:rof l:
Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 619grappler
Wow, with CMS literally in your backyard, you opted for Hennessey?
yeah that was the first place I went to when i started this. I already knew what i wanted to do but the person i was dealing with wanted to direct me towards the roots type A&A or in house version. to be honest, as a business and you chose not to listen to the customer and push instead a completely different product, i just didn't want to deal with them from that point. They do have a great reputation in the area but I already knew what i wanted and was being pitched something else.

Quick Reply: Hennessey supercharger tune