C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RX Superchiller - Ultimate IAT Cooling Solution - C5/C6 Kits Being Made Now..

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default RX Superchiller - Ultimate IAT Cooling Solution - C5/C6 Kits Being Made Now..

We have completed a few local installations of the RX Superchiller systems on the C5/C6 Corvettes. Our system will work with any top mount supercharger system with the air-water system OR can be adapted to an air-water intercooler for turbo or supercharged applications. We are just awaiting our next hose delivery so we can fabricate the lines. Everything is fabricated in-house, including our billet aluminum adapter blocks, A/C lines, and wiring harnesses.

The RX Super Chiller system is the most convenient, effective, and easiest to use intake air charge cooling system available today. The RX Super Chiller uses the cars AC system to chill the coolant used in water to air intercoolers to temps of 22-32* F on a continuous basis, as long as the car is running and the AC compressor is on. The system only adds 7-9 pounds of additional weight on average and reduces the intake air temps on forced induction applications by 40-60* F allowing a denser, more oxygen-rich intake air charge for more aggressive tuning (avg 20-50 RWHP/RWTQ increase) without the recurring costs of refilling CO2 tanks, or the hassle of ice chests and the melt water/added weight.

The installed system requires only 5-6 ounces of additional freon. Each system has a "competition mode" that allows for the cabin AC to be disabled so there is no water dripping from the moisture removed from the cabin air. Track approved for both drag and road race. For professional road racers we have an optional remote mount 12V compressor used just for the chiller system and allows continuous use at all RPMs.

The RX Super Chiller adds NO parasitic power loss as in today's computer controlled systems the AC compressor disengages as soon as you go WOT (wide open throttle). So during your run down the strip the compressor is off and there is enough residual cooling that by the time temps have risen 10-15*, you are at the end of your run and the chiller kicks back on.

For street use the cabin AC works in conjunction with no noticeable reduction in the cabin AC's ability to keep you comfortable.

We will install the RX Super Chiller system at our shop for only $400 (5-7 hours of labor).

Normal price RX Superchiller is $899 for the complete kit. You can contact us for recommended dealers for installation in your area.

I have included below a quick clip of a 700HP Maggie 2010 Camaro SS that we did extensive testing on, and some pictures of installed Superchiller's on ZL1, CTS-V's.

Attached Images     

Last edited by Rev Xtreme; 09-13-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 AM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I must say I am interested in any system that will help control IAT's. With the E-Force, ambient temp of 82*, DA of 9,000', my IAT's will usually read 144* at the start and 160* at the finish (1/4 mile). As the temps drop throughout an evening of racing, it is not unusual to see a 3 to 4 tenths improvement in my ET through the 1/4 mile. I have not seen IAT's below 130* at the start so far this season. I have been following this Superchiller project since coolhand first posted his use of this system on his Vette. While I don't question your results, I need a lot more info on how this system installs in a C6. With all I have added to my C6, I'm running out of room and not sure I want to compromise the integrity of inner fenders/wheel wells to install this system. More details are needed on the install before I would pull the trigger on this system.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

How many BTUs can the system remove in constant use (ie road cause useage)?

Also how much power is drawn using the 12V remote electric AC pump?

With the remote setups where do you mount the additional AC heatexchanger? I know Porsche units are pretty small and very efficent!

Regards,

Chris.

Last edited by chuntington101; 09-14-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 PM
mrhead
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 09-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

How many BTUs can the system remove in constant use (ie road cause useage)?

Also how much power is drawn using the 12V remote electric AC pump?

With the remote setups where do you mount the additional AC heatexchanger? I know Porsche units are pretty small and very efficent!

Regards,

Chris.
Chris, Let me speak with Tracey regarding this because he is the best authority for the information on the road race cars. I will get back to you ASAP on this, as he's in the back fabricating the next two supercharger kits for these CTS's we have here.

Originally Posted by jxhunte
I must say I am interested in any system that will help control IAT's. With the E-Force, ambient temp of 82*, DA of 9,000', my IAT's will usually read 144* at the start and 160* at the finish (1/4 mile). As the temps drop throughout an evening of racing, it is not unusual to see a 3 to 4 tenths improvement in my ET through the 1/4 mile. I have not seen IAT's below 130* at the start so far this season. I have been following this Superchiller project since coolhand first posted his use of this system on his Vette. While I don't question your results, I need a lot more info on how this system installs in a C6. With all I have added to my C6, I'm running out of room and not sure I want to compromise the integrity of inner fenders/wheel wells to install this system. More details are needed on the install before I would pull the trigger on this system.
Understood... Like I had said we are working on our fitment on the C6 right now. We will not sell a kit that needs to re-work inner fenders or chop up body parts, that is not how we work here. If we have to do a different configuration on our coolers we can do so. I have a C5 Magnacharger as a donor car, would love to have an EForce down here albeit the front half of the kits are pretty much alike (Heat exchangers are close).

If anyone wants to donate their car for test fitment I'll charge you flat cost on parts and throw in some tuning. I need the following vehicles:

C6 Magnacharger
C6 EForce
C6 Whipple

We are doing a kit on a 2009 CTS-V right now with the Whipple, so that kit will be done today. We already had the stock Eaton blower kit done for the CTS-V's.

Thanks

Matt
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If I were closer I would be interested in your offer. I'm 1,930 miles from your shop. Hopefully someone closer will be interested and a kit for the C6 can be produced.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:28 AM
mrhead
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I wish I was closer also, as I am definitely interested in this kit for my e-Forced 08 coupe.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

I do not believe getting some donor cars will be that hard at all. I'll check with the local guys but if you know anyone our offer does stand here.

- Matt
Old 09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Z06-TT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So would this work with a2w system on a turbo car??
Old 09-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
So would this work with a2w system on a turbo car??
You mean like this?

This is the SEMA 2011 Whiteside Customs car, including our RX LLT V6 Twin Turbo System, RX Twin Air-Water ICooler's, with the RX Superchiller.
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Z06-TT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email address?? And phone number??

We are converting our APS z to a2w. Like some info
Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
email address?? And phone number??

We are converting our APS z to a2w. Like some info
www.revxtreme.com
941-721-1826
revxtremeproducts@gmail.com

The only thing with a custom build would be that we would need pre-determined lengths to cut and crimp the A/C lines for. OR we could provide you with the base parts and you could complete that on your side.

We'll be back in the office Monday at 9AM EST.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:36 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Have you done any kits for a zr1? If so do you have any installed pics or results on one?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ss2z06
Have you done any kits for a zr1? If so do you have any installed pics or results on one?
No we have not completed a ZR1 yet. We have done the ZL1 Camaro's with great success and the GT500 also with the factory blowers.

- Matt
Old 09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
BLWN427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you make a kit for C6 Z06? If not do you need a donor car? https://www.corvetteforum.com/c6-for...-thread-5.html
Old 09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Rev Xtreme
Chris, Let me speak with Tracey regarding this because he is the best authority for the information on the road race cars. I will get back to you ASAP on this, as he's in the back fabricating the next two supercharger kits for these CTS's we have here.

Thanks

Matt
Hi Matt, Have you had any info back on this?

Chris.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:11 AM
greenshark68
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rev Xtreme
No we have not completed a ZR1 yet. We have done the ZL1 Camaro's with great success and the GT500 also with the factory blowers.

- Matt
Any update on the ZR1 super chiller? I have a 2010 ZR1 modded to 710 hp with a Katech intercooler and live in San Antonio. My next mod is something that will address the heat soak issue.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:19 AM
badmofo2u
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greenshark68
Any update on the ZR1 super chiller? I have a 2010 ZR1 modded to 710 hp with a Katech intercooler and live in San Antonio. My next mod is something that will address the heat soak issue.
To check out the real Super Chiller contact Narush
Old 08-09-2014, 01:16 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Not a chiller but KP Racing has a redesigned heat exchanger/intercooler system for the Z that seems to work really well.

Get notified of new replies

To RX Superchiller - Ultimate IAT Cooling Solution - C5/C6 Kits Being Made Now..

Quick Reply: RX Superchiller - Ultimate IAT Cooling Solution - C5/C6 Kits Being Made Now..