C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS build results coming this week.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just do what I do Steve, drive it everywhere! You will get the break in done quick! I probably put at least 25 miles on it a day! And thats the low side!

But yea the dic is a joke now! I saw 12mpg and thought "sweet! Thats 1mpg better than a HUMMER!"

The heat isnt nearly as bad in my 6mt. I keep an eye on my coolant temps. I see 195-200 most of the time? If its HOT and the AC is on it will get up to 225 in traffic before I shut the AC off. I wasnt watching once and saw it get up to 230. Im not too worried though. Not sure what my oil temps stay at? Ill start watching them and see. Now Im curious.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 AM
swosanity
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deezee757
Just do what I do Steve, drive it everywhere! You will get the break in done quick! I probably put at least 25 miles on it a day! And thats the low side!

But yea the dic is a joke now! I saw 12mpg and thought "sweet! Thats 1mpg better than a HUMMER!"

The heat isnt nearly as bad in my 6mt. I keep an eye on my coolant temps. I see 195-200 most of the time? If its HOT and the AC is on it will get up to 225 in traffic before I shut the AC off. I wasnt watching once and saw it get up to 230. Im not too worried though. Not sure what my oil temps stay at? Ill start watching them and see. Now Im curious.
Well I am getting about 12 in the city with my spirited driving. I just don't understand how my DIC all of a sudden is not working correctly. In city miles it is showing low mileage same as you.

I am calling Poo poo on the dude who posted that it is an in correct reading on my highway miles. Don't know him from Adam.

I need more proof.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 AM
BLACK-10
Instructor

Originally Posted by swosanity
Well I am getting about 12 in the city with my spirited driving. I just don't understand how my DIC all of a sudden is not working correctly. In city miles it is showing low mileage same as you.

I am calling Poo poo on the dude who posted that it is an in correct reading on my highway miles. Don't know him from Adam.

I need more proof.
are you refering to me?

your DIC is off due to the the new injectors flowing different rates than your stock ones. your car is not stock anymore. The DIC uses all these measurements to calculate MPG and once you change one of these variables it throws it off. the proper way to check mpg is to fill up and record your mileage. then when you fill up again, divide the miles you drove by the gallons it took to fill your car. but, if it makes you feel better you can still still go by the DIC mpg

my car sometimes says im getting 37mpg on the hwy. is that correct? i wish

Last edited by BLACK-10; 08-06-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Jawhead2000
Racer

Originally Posted by BLACK-10
are you refering to me?

your DIC is off due to the the new injectors flowing different rates than your stock ones. your car is not stock anymore. The DIC uses all these measurements to calculate MPG and once you change one of these variables it throws it off. the proper way to check mpg is to fill up and record your mileage. then when you fill up again, divide the miles you drove by the gallons it took to fill your car. but, if it makes you feel better you can still still go by the DIC mpg

That's Funny... I guess it takes others longer to understand things sometimes lol... modified car = changes & adjustment to those changes!

Last edited by Jawhead2000; 08-06-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Lol yea he's not lying yea I can see up to 36 or so on the highway too. Once I even saw 40mpg!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Well I am happier than a pig in shat with my 10MPG... lolol

THANKS NICK !!!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Jawhead2000
Racer

I'm sure I will be too Nick.. See y'all guys Tomorrow..

Old 08-06-2012, 04:54 PM
swosanity
Racer

Originally Posted by BLACK-10
are you refering to me?

Ah ha! Got it.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 PM
swosanity
Racer

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I have spent hours on the road course at bondurant in august while the c6 I was in never dropped below 240, however that is not the time to beat on your high hp vehicle.
Hmm, still getting low coolant warning. You cleared it when I left the lot. I refilled the surge yesterday so guess I need to check radiator now. Surge tank is full.

Quick Reply: ECS build results coming this week.....