C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eforce.. results of pulley change

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Eforce.. results of pulley change

I spent the day yesterday doing a few upgrades. We switched to ID850 injectors, 3.25 pulley and modified the fuel line to feed the rails properly from the rear to prevent any possiblilty of starving the last cylinders to get fuel in the stock setup.
Thanks to my man Seth at Federal for many hours spent to get the tuning right with great power and my priority, safety for the motor. We got 619 rwhp and 650 lbs of torque but backed it off a bit in the end to be safe. Idle and driveability are as good as stock. Now if I can figure out the shift points with my 17" tires I should get some great runs at the track this summer!

This photo shows my "fix" for the other thread about the eforce damaging hood blankets.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:19 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice numbers....awesome torque numbers
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,832 Likes on 2,072 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I spent the day yesterday doing a few upgrades. We switched to ID850 injectors, 3.25 pulley and modified the fuel line to feed the rails properly from the rear to prevent any possiblilty of starving the last cylinders to get fuel in the stock setup.
Thanks to my man Seth at Federal for many hours spent to get the tuning right with great power and my priority, safety for the motor. We got 619 rwhp and 650 lbs of torque but backed it off a bit in the end to be safe. Idle and driveability are as good as stock. Now if I can figure out the shift points with my 17" tires I should get some great runs at the track this summer!

This photo shows my "fix" for the other thread about the eforce damaging hood blankets.

Great numbers but yer hood looks poopie!

Man, I wish I had a damn LS3. It kicks *** on HP!

Elmer
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Great numbers but yer hood looks poopie!

Man, I wish I had a damn LS3. It kicks *** on HP!

Elmer
Actually buddy... I sometimes put the hood liner back on. Mine is not damaged by the eforce. There is just a very small impression but nothing that bothers me.

My car is an LS2 and its plenty of power !!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,344 Likes on 952 Posts

That should be a fun ride Are you using the stock cam? How much boost? No belt slip by the looks of the h/p graph. Nice job
Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by old motorhead
That should be a fun ride Are you using the stock cam? How much boost? No belt slip by the looks of the h/p graph. Nice job

Its a blast to drive.

Stock cam. Engine has never been opened. I'm pretty sure there is no belt slip because each pull had identical boost line. Its making 12lbs at peak HP and just like my other pulley it pops up a pound just after the power starts falling. I believe this has something to do with the runner design, but I will rarely if every run over 6k. Just no need to.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Actually buddy... I sometimes put the hood liner back on. Mine is not damaged by the eforce. There is just a very small impression but nothing that bothers me.

My car is an LS2 and its plenty of power !!!!
Now I really feel bad! I think you got an LS3 by mistake! I can't ring out any more HP on mine . Sigh....

Well, I was going to get one of these:

but ANY contact with the SC will screw up $1500 worth of air brush work.

Elmer
Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Now I really feel bad! I think you got an LS3 by mistake! I can't ring out any more HP on mine . Sigh....

Well, I was going to get one of these:

but ANY contact with the SC will screw up $1500 worth of air brush work.

Elmer
Nice liner but I am just not into that stuff. I try and keep my car looking as bone stock as possible. Just a thing I have.

Keep in mind that dyno chart is from a dynapak. I'm not sure but I beleive they read a bit higher because of having the rear wheels off. I dont really care about the number, want to see the gains from any changes. This change gave me 45rwhp and 80 lbs torque !!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Nice liner but I am just not into that stuff. I try and keep my car looking as bone stock as possible. Just a thing I have.

Keep in mind that dyno chart is from a dynapak. I'm not sure but I beleive they read a bit higher because of having the rear wheels off. I dont really care about the number, want to see the gains from any changes. This change gave me 45rwhp and 80 lbs torque !!
I'm in a Corvette Club and we do a lot of car shows so a little bling helps. Usually the old cars win but it's fun to see a lot of really well kept Corvettes sitting around to ogle.

Elmer
Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Very nice results and that is tire smokin tq
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by peter pan
Very nice results and that is tire smokin tq
Ain't that the truth. A curse maybe. I went to try the car last night but I have to go to my regular track when I get a chance. The place I went is crap with 0 track prep and it was too cold which made things worse. More for the kids to play with there civics.
anyways I really went to do some logs and work on my shift point issue. Still banging the limiter and with a 2.3 60ft, I managed an 11.8 so its coming together. With the 1.7 60ft I was getting on a prepped track I will get to where I want to be.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:28 PM
wallyj
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Those are some great numbers

I've had a 3.25 pulley on the shelf since I installed my blower. If I ever get everything else sorted out I'll put it on, at least for some 1/4 mile passes. Maybe I'll finally make a trip to the dyno as well.

You may find that you have to lower your shift points quite a bit to keep it off the limiter.

How much timing are you running?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Luv2Fly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good realcanuk. Enjoy that ride of yours. Nice numbers.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:15 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Luv2Fly
Looking good realcanuk. Enjoy that ride of yours. Nice numbers.
Thanks Bud. Put together by the best. When it blows up, you gonna come up here and fix it for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Eforce.. results of pulley change

Quick Reply: Eforce.. results of pulley change