C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S/C A6 DD supporting mod suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Default S/C A6 DD supporting mod suggestions

I have a 2007 A6 Z51 w/40k miles. I am considering going with a S/C (either A&A or eForce). I do use this as a daily driver and for commuting. Not looking for too high of boost. Just wondering what supporting mods I should also plan to have done as well. Any suggestions?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I put an A&A kit on my 07 A6 with 70k miles...all I had was full exhaust (catless longtubes and Z06 mufflers)

Added meth at the same time and it's making 625rwhp SAE.

Not a single issue with it and my car is there for daily driver duty as well.

The only other supporting "mod" I would do is a very, very sticky tire or you'll never get to use any of that power. I'm running a 345 Khumo XS and can hit WOT in 2nd gear without much wheel spin if they're warmed up.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 AM
txvettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP,

Since you are Kalifornia based I suggest that you buy Z06 (LS7) exhaust manifolds and cats. It's a great compromise and suggest that you search Craigslist in major cities in Texas. Found my set of manifolds and catts for $290 shipped.

I too have an A&A 10#'s of boost, meth, 160 t-stat, and a Circle D 3400 Converter w/cooler. Pass on the converter unless you drag race often. TIRES TIRES TIRES TIRES.....did I mention TIRES?

Call Joe @ Left Coast 32, but be prepared to hear all about Magnuson and Whipple. Joe is like a combined package of "Solomon,Socrates, and Bill "Grump" Jenkins" compared to 97% of all tuners in Deep South Texas. Listen to Joe will not let you hurt your engine.

Have Fun & Be Safe
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM
1sc334
Racer

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I put an A&A kit on my 07 A6 with 70k miles...all I had was full exhaust (catless longtubes and Z06 mufflers)

Added meth at the same time and it's making 625rwhp SAE.

Not a single issue with it and my car is there for daily driver duty as well.

The only other supporting "mod" I would do is a very, very sticky tire or you'll never get to use any of that power. I'm running a 345 Khumo XS and can hit WOT in 2nd gear without much wheel spin if they're warmed up.
Floyd did u really make that power without cam change n do u have clip of ur car running want to listen to it I'm in same boat as OP...THANKS
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM
txvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1sc334
Floyd did u really make that power without cam change n do u have clip of ur car running want to listen to it I'm in same boat as OP...THANKS
No BS. I think certain that 625++ rwhp is very realistic estimate for my Vette as well and the valve covers have never been off my car. Driveability is second to none and I'm knocking 26 mpg @ 65 mpg.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Ish07
7th Gear

You might consider upgrading the radiator.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Thanks all for the replies, still researching.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:17 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

I would suggest considering an electric water pump. I installed a Meziere unit when I installed my SC. My thinking was that if I should ever throw a belt, I could still drive the car wherever necessary without cooling issues. I also installed a Ron Davis radiator and big oil cooler. I've never thrown a belt in 25k miles, so that may have been unnecessary concern, but my car runs cool, cool, kool!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Fordracer9
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sc334
Don't see how it couldn't. My ECS prepped car makes the same numbers with close to the same combo. !%00 Novi, Catted LTs, single nozzle meth thru an A6. Valve covers have never been off. We feel kinda certain that we can go north of 700 by removing the restrictor completely, upgrading to a dual nozzle meth setup and going with their stage 1 fuel system.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

I guess one of the things I wasn't entirely clear in the beginning was that I am not looking to just see how high of hp I can make. I know I may say that now and likely change my mind later. But for starters, just entry level on the FI. I just want to make the rest of the drivetrain as reliable as possible (I know, leave it stock and its in the most reliable form).

I do have a set of catted 1 3/4" LG SuperPro that haven't been installed yet. Debating on going with Z06 manifolds/cats (or are the ZR1's better - and will they fit an LS2) for smog considerations. Or I may just go with the LT's since I have them, and they are new. Not sure if I should coat them as well. I've also looked at aftermarket hoods to deal with any extra heat. I like the look of a few of them. Not sure there yet.

Haven't fully decided if I should replace the cam. Again, smog considerations. I know there are 'small' cams that can pass smog. But I've been down that route on a different car before. When it came to smog - didn't pass. And not the quickest 'change over' I can think of every couple of years.

Porting stock casting heads it definitively a possibility (upgrade valves, springs, etc). However, not sure if its worth it without the CAM.

I also have a 102MM FAST intake on the way since it is now also CARB legal. So the e-force will likely be out. So the A&A kit is likely the FI I will go. I know they offer an upgraded radiator, so that suggestion should easily be followed.

I already have CCW C140's in with Z06 width (on a non-widebody). May have to ditch the Invo's and move up to a better tire. As well I have already upgraded to a Stoptech 6-piston front and 4-piston rear BBK with 2 piece rotors.

All other cooling options will be noted and considered. Again I appreciate the feedback.

Even though I am not going for super high HP. I know my car wasn't origionaly designed to be run with a S/C.

So do I need to worry about the diff/trans/torque tube/half shafts at all?

Last edited by Deicide; 05-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Fordracer9
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Deicide

So do I need to worry about the diff/trans/torque tube/half shafts at all?
With just bolting on the blower, no. Add sticky tires and that MAY change.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fordracer9
With just bolting on the blower, no. Add sticky tires and that MAY change.
Moving up to PS2's count? Or would sticky tires be drag radials or better (a full R compound)?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Deicide
I have a 2007 A6 Z51 w/40k miles. I am considering going with a S/C (either A&A or eForce). I do use this as a daily driver and for commuting. Not looking for too high of boost. Just wondering what supporting mods I should also plan to have done as well. Any suggestions?
08 A6. No mods other than the A&A supercharger 3.8 inch pulley/60 lbs/hr injectors, K Bell pump booster. 580 rwhp at 6500 rpm. The centrifugal blower is pretty much transparent at street/freeway driving rpms. I'm usually below 2000 rpm. 1700 rpm at 70 mph on the freeway. I really don't sense blower power until I get to about 2500 rpm. In street driving I sometimes get to 2500 rpm going into a shift and then I can start to feel a little extra power coming on. Fuel economy for street and freeway is not effected as far as I can tell. It's perfectly safe for wifey to drive, I just warn her to keep her foot out of it. Getting over 3000 rpm, it just starts pulling hard. I've still feeling my way with it. I don't want the rear wheels to break loose at 60 our 70 mph. I still am using the run-flats. From what I read, they have to go because they are attributed as being not sticky enough. Never driven a roots car. But I'm perfectly happy with the centrifugal, especially since street driving is not effected.

Get notified of new replies

To S/C A6 DD supporting mod suggestions

Quick Reply: S/C A6 DD supporting mod suggestions