C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lethal Racing ECS, Night Fury, now headers.....

Old 04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lethal Racing ECS, Night Fury, now headers.....

648whp and 599tq on pum only 93oct!!!

For those of you not following my build Lethal Racing recently installed an ECS supercharger and a Night Fury cam and spun the rollers to the tune of 621whp and 592tq. yesterday they installed a set of LG super pro 1 7/8 catless headers and retuned and picked up....

27whp and 7tq!! Not bad since i really only wanted the sound!

Now for the interesting part. My first dyno it was 70* outside, and yesterday it was over 90*!!! Makes you wonder how that wouldve gone if it were cooler.

Well either way this thing SCREAMS now! And the "butt dyno" picked up at least 100whp! Im 100% sure Ill be posting up my first exhaust ticket in this car soon!

Big thanks again to shawn for all the attention to detail! (And dinner!) Mike for the clean and issue fee header install and to nick for staying late to switch my gauges over to blue! Looks much better now! It was great seeing you guys again and ill see you again soon for a clutch im sure!

Enjoy the vids, Ill shoot more later!

New Dyno

Overlap of last dyno and new

Idle clip

Dyno

Last edited by Deezee757; 04-28-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Deezee757
Racer

And just for fun I took a pic of the inside of the stock cats while removing them as well. About 1500 miles on them boosted, but I dont drive it like I stole it all the time. Seemed fine, but didnt want to chance blowing them out so I went to the off road pipes

Old 04-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Do you have the NPP? I didn't see mention of it. I need to post a vid of how mine sounds. Those gains are nice.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Sorry no. It's an SLP loudmouth II. And it is LOUD!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice

What kind of dyno was it?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM
1sc334
Racer

Eric r u serious....does the car actually feel faster wit the small increase of power n torque
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sc334
Eric r u serious....does the car actually feel faster wit the small increase of power n torque
Mine picked up exactly the same amount of power when I swapped from manifolds to longtubes and personally, I found the "feeling" of acceleration to be a little different.

The power delivery feels slightly elevated (which I guess makes sense since longtubes usually move peak torque up a bit). The engine seems more eager to rev and thus getting into the throttle feels "livelier" if that makes any sense.

Deezee - That thing rips. I watched one vid of your car and bought a BOV. Now ya make me want a blower cam.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Lol thanks man! As far as "feels faster" hell yes!!! Can I "feel" 27hp? No. But since it's SOOO much louder you "think" your going faster! Honestly I could've lost hp and still thought it was faster! I can't get all the power down to the ground on the stock rubber anyways. I've said it a ton of times before, once you get up over 450-550hp I don't think you can "feel" 50 more. That's what dynos and time slips are for! I just wanted it to sound more menacing! And we are there! picking up 27hp in 20* hotter weather was impressive tho! That's Shawn for u! Those guys at lethal are ALL perfection freaks. It sure shows!

I'm pretty sure it's a dynacom (sp?) dyno

And the night fury cam works great in EVERY car not just blowers they just finished a ss camaro with one while I was there let me ask nick or Shawn if I can post pics of it. Since he hadn't picked it up yet I don't want to post um till he sees his car

Last edited by Deezee757; 04-28-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are working on making my BOV louder.....

You made me jealous talking about how nice it sounds when its loud. Hell with the new build I might as well be as obnoxious as possible. The neighbors already hate me... LOLOLOL
Old 04-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Right on! It should be exactly what you want for sure! Can't say mine love me either tho! Lol.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:58 AM
BLACK-10
Instructor

It sounds great, Thanks for making the trip out to LA to see us again!

white camaro that you spoke of. Night Fury Cam in an LS3,Texas Speed Headers and cats, stock catback..... 485RWHP.....

BBK fuel rails, Holley Valve Covers, heater hose reroute
Attached Images    

Last edited by BLACK-10; 04-29-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:10 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats on getting the headers installed. Sorry the OBX's didn't work out for you, but eitherway, you got a set on. Car sounds great. Have a feeeling you will be back for meth sooner rather than later!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLACK-10

white camaro that you spoke of. Night Fury Cam in an LS3,Texas Speed Headers and cats, stock catback..... 485RWHP.....

I like those fuel rails and the way that looks under the hood. Very similar to the pics Shawn sent me on doing mine. It looks much better than the fuel rail covers.... We may just have to do it...
Old 04-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Originally Posted by BLACK-10

Thanks Nick! Yea that car turned out great! Sounded amazing for stock exhaust!!!

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Congrats on getting the headers installed. Sorry the OBX's didn't work out for you, but eitherway, you got a set on. Car sounds great. Have a feeeling you will be back for meth sooner rather than later!
Thanks alot man! Come to find out from talking to another member on here OBX "might" make them for the 2011! They dont list them, but someone got them for a 2011 Z06 (also not listed) Im guessing if you call direct, or go through ragincajun (sp) here you CAN get them! I didnt know this till AFTER we ordered the LG's. Either way I love them! I'll still be sure to nudge them next guy to double check. The OBX'x really were nice too! Not to mention the texas speeds too. I saw them up close on the white camaro Nick posted and wouldnt hesitate on thos either. Nick said they went in great!

As for the meth were already talking about it. Im considering running it on top of my 93 tune. So if the temps come up I could have like an arm switch. Id like to run 93 only and if I "need it" I can turn it on. I havent seen it run like this, and need to do some research

Originally Posted by NSANEC6
I like those fuel rails and the way that looks under the hood. Very similar to the pics Shawn sent me on doing mine. It looks much better than the fuel rail covers.... We may just have to do it...
I decided I couldnt do the covers anymore either. Im working on a few simple cheap mods under there to dress it up some. IMO there is a reason that Lethal and ECS use the stock rails far over our power levels! I'll stick with that. BUt look for some engine bay dress up soon!

Last edited by Deezee757; 04-29-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

thanks!, yea we can make yours look just as good
Old 04-29-2012, 02:23 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
Nice

What kind of dyno was it?
Its a new Dynocom dyno. Very similar to a dynojet
Old 04-29-2012, 06:35 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are working on making my BOV louder.....

You made me jealous talking about how nice it sounds when its loud. Hell with the new build I might as well be as obnoxious as possible. The neighbors already hate me... LOLOLOL

Steve we have same setup and mine is loud. Heres a tease

Get notified of new replies

To Lethal Racing ECS, Night Fury, now headers.....

Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

cant beat the loud bov
Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

looks and sounds just like looking out the front of mine......
Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Man I really do like that loud BOV.... hehe I will have one like it soon.

Also if the stock fuel rails are the best I may keep them but I really do like the looks of the ones on that Camaro.... I don't have to change the fuel rails out but I would have to do something about the stock valve covers, lines and fittings to make the car look as good for show purposes as it looks with the stock covers on. My covers are painted and clear coated but with this new motor build I think showing off the engine will be more impressive.... Jmo...

Shawn and Nick suggestions here will be appreciated.

Last edited by NSANEC6; 04-29-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lethal Racing ECS, Night Fury, now headers.....