C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS Meth kit question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 11:06 PM
swosanity
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unreal
It is all in the instructions.
If you have ECS install the kit like me I didn't get any paper instructions.
All i got was my keys and you are good to go. I was looking for this answer and found it here. Thanks.

Saved me from bugging ECS on this one. I thought the red light was bad.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:29 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

can someone test this for me please. can you turn the **** on the test box all the way to the left until it clicks and tell me if the light on the box goes off. thank you
Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM
NJGS11SC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by robertaj
thank you!
So does anyone know what the value of having two different color lights?

It was originally explained to me that red means the pump is basically building pressure....when it is green it is spraying.

Julio's replay indicates it is "typically" spraying when it is red. That word leads me to believe it is not always spraying when it was red.

Like others, my system was installed, I was handed the keys and off I went so I don't have any reference material to look at for the answer.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NJGS11SC

It was originally explained to me that red means the pump is basically building pressure....when it is green it is spraying.

Julio's replay indicates it is "typically" spraying when it is red. That word leads me to believe it is not always spraying when it was red.

Like others, my system was installed, I was handed the keys and off I went so I don't have any reference material to look at for the answer.
As I joked above, it does seem strange to not have an "OMFG!" color. Red means it's working (until it doesn't) and green means it's working.

FWIW, I have a meth pressure sensor installed that feeds into my DashLogic, but who has time to look at that reading at WOT?
Old 06-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NJGS11SC
My LED would always come on red right at my set turn-on point of 3 psi or so. This tells me the pump is running and there is some meth flow. The light will turn green sooner or later depending on your box settings (gain, etc.) and nozzle setup (single, dual).

If there were just a single LED, it wouldn't tell you as much about the system operation. With the Alky setup, an LED that never turns green means that something is probably wrong with the pump. I think it's a good thing to have.

Originally Posted by edge04
can someone test this for me please. can you turn the **** on the test box all the way to the left until it clicks and tell me if the light on the box goes off. thank you
I'm 99.99% sure that turning the control box **** all the way counter-clockwise (until it clicks) shuts off the system and the red light on the box turns off with it.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:10 AM
robertaj
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

woah hello thread from 2012 !! lol welcome back!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:11 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

The LED turns red once power is activated to the pump, there is a pressure sensor on the pump that turns the LED to green once it has surpassed it's pressure needed. Which I believe is 30 lbs.

There is no set answer to this question because a twin nozzle system will take longer to reach that pressure setting and also how you have your ***** set up for how much flow you are using will all change when the pressure builds high enough to change the LED.

So basically you want to know how it acts when it's functioning properly, when it flips from red to green, and make sure it's consistent.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvettinator
As I joked above, it does seem strange to not have an "OMFG!" color. Red means it's working (until it doesn't) and green means it's working.

FWIW, I have a meth pressure sensor installed that feeds into my DashLogic, but who has time to look at that reading at WOT?
Just set a warning up with the dashlogic. No need to look at it then.

Red means power is applied to the pump. Green means pump is >50psi
Old 06-23-2014, 12:17 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I hit the test button on the controller from time to time to test the pump. At idle hold the test button and the motor will bog or watch your air fuel ratio richen up.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:47 PM
swosanity
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
Just set a warning up with the dashlogic. No need to look at it then.

Red means power is applied to the pump. Green means pump is >50psi
Based on this comment and others you made about dashlogic I made the purchase.

thanks
Old 06-23-2014, 03:05 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I just did this a few weeks ago to test a fuel system without the alky coming on. With that **** clicked off the alky is disabled.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by swosanity
Based on this comment and others you made about dashlogic I made the purchase.
Are you referring to knock retard or meth pressure alerts? For the latter, you'll need a special fitting installed (unless you are one of those uber DIY'ers), and a meth pressure sensor, which Julio of Alky Control does sell for his kits.

It reads like -2 when not activated, and like 70+ when deep in boost and all green lighty.

Truth is, I'll likely swap it out for a fuel pressure sensor...
Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MARSC6
I just did this a few weeks ago to test a fuel system without the alky coming on. With that **** clicked off the alky is disabled.
Can't figure out why mine doesn't shut off.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:50 PM
swosanity
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvettinator
Are you referring to knock retard or meth pressure alerts? For the latter, you'll need a special fitting installed (unless you are one of those uber DIY'ers), and a meth pressure sensor, which Julio of Alky Control does sell for his kits.

It reads like -2 when not activated, and like 70+ when deep in boost and all green lighty.

Truth is, I'll likely swap it out for a fuel pressure sensor...

No. Unreal had some positive comnents about dashlogic. And I simply said based on his assessment of the product I purchased the item and i am pleased with it as well.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

YES, when you turn off the control box the red light goes off. Turns the system off so no meth we spray when off. So if your car is meth dependent and you forgot to turn on control box and it's not tuned safe when meth stops, engine could go KABOOM.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by swosanity
If you have ECS install the kit like me I didn't get any paper instructions.
All i got was my keys and you are good to go. I was looking for this answer and found it here. Thanks.

Saved me from bugging ECS on this one. I thought the red light was bad.
Yeah no instructions.. and was a saturday at the track this started.. i was there all weekend.. ECS was closed.. Jannetty mechanic that installed was off.. he eventually answered me on internet.. Bit glad for the helpful people on the internet to the rescue.. though i ended up having to rent a race car since i thought my meth failed lol

Quick Reply: ECS Meth kit question