C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mickey T's 305/35/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by robertaj
thanks guys thats great advice !

anyone ever get caught in rain or anything at highway speeds?
I had 305 MT ET Street IIs on my Mustang GT and it hydroplaned right off the road at 60mph. Granted Florida rain comes down like a wall sometimes and I was trying to slow down and possibly get off the road but I didn't have enough time. Luckily there was almost 0 damage to the car.

When they are dry they are decent at full PSI. Spin them a little and they hook up nicely. Drop the pressure down around 20 PSI and you got a nice set of slicks after a good burnout at the track.

For daily driving they are pretty nice. They wear down fairly fast but thats the price you pay for traction. In the wet on city roads they do pretty well but I was spinning in 4th gear w/ 390 hp at the crank.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM
robertaj
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kadorja
I had 305 MT ET Street IIs on my Mustang GT and it hydroplaned right off the road at 60mph. Granted Florida rain comes down like a wall sometimes and I was trying to slow down and possibly get off the road but I didn't have enough time. Luckily there was almost 0 damage to the car.

When they are dry they are decent at full PSI. Spin them a little and they hook up nicely. Drop the pressure down around 20 PSI and you got a nice set of slicks after a good burnout at the track.

For daily driving they are pretty nice. They wear down fairly fast but thats the price you pay for traction. In the wet on city roads they do pretty well but I was spinning in 4th gear w/ 390 hp at the crank.
nice now I just need to find which of our sponsors has the tires the cheapest!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
robertaj
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do any of you guys with the 305-35-19's run into issues if you DONT turn traction off?

Like highway driving when you hit the gas, does traction stop you from just accelerating... right now with my 305-30-19's If i floor it without any slipping of the tires or just even gently accelerate sometimes traction kicks in because of the diff tire size.

anyone see this? its a 1 inch diameter difference with the MT's > stock size
Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Yep it happens to me. I always turn everything off when I get in the car but after 15 miles it (engine drag control) will take over again so I just kill the car and repeat the process. It's somewhat of a pain but I'll deal with it until I switched change front tires sizes or whenever I get new wheels.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Strange. I ran the MT's with my stock fronts and never got a light or any other issue. I just sold them and bought some 17's for the track because the 19's just didnt hook up for me the way I had hoped.

Quick Reply: Mickey T's 305/35/19