C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eforce 1/4 mile times today..2011 Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
jdwk
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So all the LS engines suffer from heat soak. I think the timeslips from the OP show that there is a 4mph difference in trap and I am guessing that is just due to the time he waited in the pit lanes until his next run.

The smart guys pop their hoods and push their cars through the lanes (although they don't like it when you push your car with the hood up).

When you slap a blower on top like the E-force, the heat issue is much worse.

This has been my biggest deterrent against the E-force or a ZR1 for that matter (besides the money of course).

My suggestion to these guys is cool down as much as possible. I know guys that bring nitrous to the track just to spray on their intercoolers to cool them down.

I would love to see one of the radiator companies like Dewitt make a dual radiator setup with properly sized dedicated heat exchanger in parallel to an upgraded thicker radiator.

The one that comes with the E-force clearly doesn't cut it.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

If you shut everything down all you really do is severely heat soak the supercharger. IF I were drag racing one of these I'd figure out how to switch the supercharger coolant pump on and the radiator fan on independent of the engine running.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,341 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
If you shut everything down all you really do is severely heat soak the supercharger. IF I were drag racing one of these I'd figure out how to switch the supercharger coolant pump on and the radiator fan on independent of the engine running.
AND, have an electric water pump for the engine which can be switched on without the motor running That baby would be cool as a cucumber.....course you'd have a dead battry

Last edited by old motorhead; 06-06-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 PM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jdwk
So all the LS engines suffer from heat soak. I think the timeslips from the OP show that there is a 4mph difference in trap and I am guessing that is just due to the time he waited in the pit lanes until his next run.

The smart guys pop their hoods and push their cars through the lanes (although they don't like it when you push your car with the hood up).

This has been my biggest deterrent against the E-force or a ZR1 for that matter (besides the money of course).

My suggestion to these guys is cool down as much as possible. I know guys that bring nitrous to the track just to spray on their intercoolers to cool them down.

I would love to see one of the radiator companies like Dewitt make a dual radiator setup with properly sized dedicated heat exchanger in parallel to an upgraded thicker radiator.

Always cool your car down at the strip regardless of PD or Centri or NA.. Your car will love you for it. I've taken my GS to the finals taking down many top notch drivers after only 3 test nights at the strip/track with the eforce.. It;s super consistent, and adding the 180' thermostat helped allot.. I think it's about preference.. I've know guys with centri's who wish they would of went PD, and I know PD guys who wish they went Centri.. Lots of good stuff out there. Lots of fast Centri's and PD's. Just depends on what you want.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:19 AM
jdwk
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you were letting your car cool, why do you think you trapped so much higher in the afternoon when it was probably warmer out?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:00 PM
captainbob
Pro

If you were letting your car cool, why do you think you trapped so much higher in the afternoon when it was probably warmer out?
The altitude, DA, humidity, all play factors. Even when it warms up the air can get better..
Old 06-13-2012, 12:15 AM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by captainbob
Thanks guys.. Man I was sweating going to 16 PSI with those low profiles, However, it was no problem at all..
I have gone 10.01 @ 145 with the same tires and 16 PSI. No issues. Good job!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 AM
captainbob
Pro

I just added some AR long tubes, and now I'm running 11.3's.. Got the no cage warning though..
Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,341 Likes on 949 Posts

What kind of rocket sled were you up against? You're probably lucky to still have doors and a windshield on your vette
Old 06-13-2012, 07:53 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Great gain in mph from headers. 11:30's @ 125....that's more like it.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Don't you think it's strange that GM is building 69 COPO Camaros(for retail sale) with a 2.9L or a 4.0L Whipple supercharger sitting on top of the LS engine. After all, the COPO Camaros are built for one thing, to run the 1/4 and win. GM could have gone with a centi, since the COPO Camaro is built solely as a drag car and cannot be licensed for the street(it has a serial number but not a VIN), but chose to go with a PD blower, as they did on the ZR1, the CTS-V and the Camaro ZL1.

Quick Reply: Eforce 1/4 mile times today..2011 Grand Sport