C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

If it's good enough for your engine it is good enough for your supercharger. We currently use the new GM Dexos 5W-30 in-house.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Why do your install instructions for the boost a pump for the supercharger kit on a C6, call for the deletion of the rheostat? I was in a car today they had the booster pump mounted under the hood with the rheostat a foot away. Install was done by a very very reputable tuner? I plan on doing a DIY install soon and just want to make sure I understand this totally?
Old 07-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by black.z51.c6
Why do your install instructions for the boost a pump for the supercharger kit on a C6, call for the deletion of the rheostat? I was in a car today they had the booster pump mounted under the hood with the rheostat a foot away. Install was done by a very very reputable tuner? I plan on doing a DIY install soon and just want to make sure I understand this totally?
We no longer send the BAPs out with the dial anymore, we delete them in-house. We don't like anyone being able to turn the voltage down. By deleting the dial, we ensure you get the full 17v when the Hobbs switch triggers the BAP. It also ensures no one bumps the **** and lowers the setting or un-plugs it by accident or that it doesn't get filled with water and corroded inside.

The setup you saw might have been an old install or just someones way of doing it. We prefer to mount the BAP in the left rear quater panel away from heat and close to the fuel pump connector. It works great.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Oilfield86
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
Always refer to the person that will be tuning your car to find out their comfort level. Most shops stop at 600rwhp on pump gas only. Then 700rwhp on meth if using more of it for octane.

Thanks for the feedback , ill be running 100% meth injection. I think they will try to get it around 750ish
Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Might have already been answered but I have a Tial 50mm BOV I plan to run with my T Trim C5 kit and I was wondering which spring would be best for the Tial?
Old 07-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Might have already been answered but I have a Tial 50mm BOV I plan to run with my T Trim C5 kit and I was wondering which spring would be best for the Tial?
I don't carry anything for the Tial, but...

They do make a soft 3psi spring for SC applications if you want it to be open at idle and part throttle, but some guys like the stiffer spring so it doesn't sound like a street sweeper when just cruising at part throttle.

Select the following spring pressures based on engine vacuum reading.

"Version 1" Tial 50mm BOV:

-24 to -26 in/Hg use Brown - 13 PSI spring
-22 to -23 in/Hg use Yellow - 12 PSI spring
-18 to -21 in/Hg use Plain -11 PSI spring
-14 to -17 in/Hg use White -9 PSI spring
-10 to -13 in/Hg use Black -7 PSI spring
0 to -7 in/HG (or supercharger) use Green -3 PSI Spring

"Version 2" Tial Q/QR BOV:

-22 to -24 in/Hg use Brown- 12 PSI spring
-20 to -21 in/Hg use Yellow -11 PSI spring
-16 to -19 in/Hg use Plain -10 PSI spring
-12 to -15 in/Hg use White -8 PSI spring
-8 to -11 in/Hg use Black -6 PSI spring
0 to -7 in/HG (or supercharger) use Green 2 PSI Spring

Here is a link to help you and others out.
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/pro...roductid=17674
Old 07-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

I don't carry anything for the Tial, but...

They do make a soft 3psi spring for SC applications if you want it to be open at idle and part throttle, but some guys like the stiffer spring so it doesn't sound like a street sweeper when just cruising at part throttle.

Select the following spring pressures based on engine vacuum reading.

"Version 1" Tial 50mm BOV:

-24 to -26 in/Hg use Brown - 13 PSI spring
-22 to -23 in/Hg use Yellow - 12 PSI spring
-18 to -21 in/Hg use Plain -11 PSI spring
-14 to -17 in/Hg use White -9 PSI spring
-10 to -13 in/Hg use Black -7 PSI spring
0 to -7 in/HG (or supercharger) use Green -3 PSI Spring

"Version 2" Tial Q/QR BOV:

-22 to -24 in/Hg use Brown- 12 PSI spring
-20 to -21 in/Hg use Yellow -11 PSI spring
-16 to -19 in/Hg use Plain -10 PSI spring
-12 to -15 in/Hg use White -8 PSI spring
-8 to -11 in/Hg use Black -6 PSI spring
0 to -7 in/HG (or supercharger) use Green 2 PSI Spring

Here is a link to help you and others out.
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/pro...roductid=17674
Exactly what i needed. Thank you
Old 08-27-2014, 03:59 PM
B20forlife
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a bone stock c6 with an m6 ls2. I'm planning on buying your black kit with the v3 si head unit. I wanted to go with the 3.6 pulley. Will this be ok since it's stock exhaust? Will my clutch survive as long as I'm not doing hard launches just highway pulls? What kind of power could I expect with the stock exhaust with this pulley? Hoping for 550whp thanks
Old 08-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by B20forlife
I have a bone stock c6 with an m6 ls2. I'm planning on buying your black kit with the v3 si head unit. I wanted to go with the 3.6 pulley. Will this be ok since it's stock exhaust? Will my clutch survive as long as I'm not doing hard launches just highway pulls? What kind of power could I expect with the stock exhaust with this pulley? Hoping for 550whp thanks
You will most likely already make 550rwhp using the 3.8" pulley. I would leave it like that for now. You can also talk to the shop that will be tuning for you and ask where they are comfortable for rwhp on pump gas and stock exhaust.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:33 AM
LemansbluebyU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Hey Josh, I am looking to upgrade to a bigger S/C and I'm wondering whats the biggest best charger I can install in my bracket kit? I am not sure what charger is on there already, its an LS7 kit and it's self contained oiling. I am going to build a stronger short block and I want to gain more HP by running a bigger charger/more boost...I don't care if I have to plumb it into the oil system and I don't mind if it has that s/c whine to it either......
Thanks
Old 09-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by LemansbluebyU
Hey Josh, I am looking to upgrade to a bigger S/C and I'm wondering whats the biggest best charger I can install in my bracket kit? I am not sure what charger is on there already, its an LS7 kit and it's self contained oiling. I am going to build a stronger short block and I want to gain more HP by running a bigger charger/more boost...I don't care if I have to plumb it into the oil system and I don't mind if it has that s/c whine to it either......
Thanks
Sounds like you would be best off running a Ysi-trim and upgrading to 8-rib setup and larger 50mm BOV, etc. It is engine oiled and has blower "noise" at idle.
Email me with more details about your car and what you have already so I can make you an estimate.
Josh@aacorvette.com

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 PM
VETTETHREAT
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Default ls7 build

Hey josh, I ordered a self contained si-trim kit for my 07 z06 with a 6 rib & 3.8 pulley, we are running your stage 2 blower cam, tsp 285cc heads, FAST 102, KoOKs 1 7/8 headers, and a snow performance stage 2 meth kit. What kind of boost are you expecting us to produce ? Also how much boost can we run efficiently before we need to upgrade to the 8 rib setup? We are currently in the process of installing a forged rotating assembly so I'm just trying to get our ducks in a row.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by VETTETHREAT
Hey josh, I ordered a self contained si-trim kit for my 07 z06 with a 6 rib & 3.8 pulley, we are running your stage 2 blower cam, tsp 285cc heads, FAST 102, KoOKs 1 7/8 headers, and a snow performance stage 2 meth kit. What kind of boost are you expecting us to produce ? Also how much boost can we run efficiently before we need to upgrade to the 8 rib setup? We are currently in the process of installing a forged rotating assembly so I'm just trying to get our ducks in a row.
I'd guess about 6# with the current setup. Make sure that meth is pumping to keep the octane up so those stock LS7 pistons stay together.

Usually the 3.4" 6-rib pulley is where you find out of it will belt slip or not. If you forge the pistons then do a 8-rib conversion and bigger blower at that time. Twin disc clutch, twin pump fuel system, 50mm BOV, etc.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:54 PM
GMVARY
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi A&A guys,
How much boost i'm suppose to have with a 3.4 pully on a LS2 with V3 S-TRIM (kook headers and no cat).I have actually 12 pds of boost at 6500rpm. I make 575rwhp on a Mustang dyno, is it a good option to change throttle body . Thank
Old 10-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by GMVARY
Hi A&A guys,
How much boost i'm suppose to have with a 3.4 pully on a LS2 with V3 S-TRIM (kook headers and no cat).I have actually 12 pds of boost at 6500rpm. I make 575rwhp on a Mustang dyno, is it a good option to change throttle body . Thank
That sounds about right. Stock TB is fine, no need to change it.
I would however consider adding octane to that high level of boost. Like a AlkyControl Meth kit or E85 tune. Just see what your Tuner is comfortable using. Remember stock LS2 compression is 10.9:1
Old 10-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

I am late to learning about super chargers but have to start somewhere.

What exactly is the 8 rib upgrade and why would it be needed?
Old 10-21-2014, 12:16 AM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2005 Vette with stock LS2 engine using you V3-Si kit with a 3.8" pulley and KB boost a pump and a Borla axle back exhaust kit. (2.5" dia.). On a 93 octane tune, it makes 552 rwhp and 476 ft-lbs torque with a maximum on 9.5 psi boost.

Does this torque level seem low?

I'm looking for more power and torque.

I'm considering 1 7/8" long tube headers and non-catted X-pipe and going to 3.6" blower pulley with a retune and still using 93 octane gas. Will I need to upgrade the in tank fuel pump for this mod? Are there any alternatives so I won't have to upgrade the in tank pump? Will this still be relatively safe for my engine.

What can be done to increase low to mid range (2500-5000-rpm) torque?

What can be done to improve engine longevity assuming the stock short block assembly?

Get notified of new replies

To OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
I am late to learning about super chargers but have to start somewhere.

What exactly is the 8 rib upgrade and why would it be needed?
8-rib upgrade is done for more belt traction when going for big power. I don't usually recommend going 8-rib until you are trying for more than 700rwhp.

Most guys don't need and my base kit comes with the 6-rib setup and works great.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by JaimeVrod
I have a 2005 Vette with stock LS2 engine using you V3-Si kit with a 3.8" pulley and KB boost a pump and a Borla axle back exhaust kit. (2.5" dia.). On a 93 octane tune, it makes 552 rwhp and 476 ft-lbs torque with a maximum on 9.5 psi boost.

Does this torque level seem low?

I'm looking for more power and torque.

I'm considering 1 7/8" long tube headers and non-catted X-pipe and going to 3.6" blower pulley with a retune and still using 93 octane gas. Will I need to upgrade the in tank fuel pump for this mod? Are there any alternatives so I won't have to upgrade the in tank pump? Will this still be relatively safe for my engine.

What can be done to increase low to mid range (2500-5000-rpm) torque?

What can be done to improve engine longevity assuming the stock short block assembly?
That hp and tq seem right inline with what I'm use to seeing. That all seems right to me.

The headers and 3.6" pulley with shorter belt would be a nice gain with the re-tune and would probably put you at 600rwhp. But, I always tell guys to consult with your Tuner first to see if they are comfortable pushing it to that hp on just pump gas. Also ask them if they have seen the stock pump and BAP make it that far. I would think you will be borderline and might run out of fuel pressure at that level. We have a really clean and simple external single pump fuel system if you just want to make sure you are covered on the fuel. You could also remove the BAP if you install the external pump setup and be good for 750rwhp. Check with your Tuner as he might even recommend meth injection at that level. It would be a great way to increase octane and keep the stock pistons happy. Just remember a stock LS2 is already 10.9:1 CR
Old 10-21-2014, 02:37 PM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That hp and tq seem right inline with what I'm use to seeing. That all seems right to me.

The headers and 3.6" pulley with shorter belt would be a nice gain with the re-tune and would probably put you at 600rwhp. But, I always tell guys to consult with your Tuner first to see if they are comfortable pushing it to that hp on just pump gas. Also ask them if they have seen the stock pump and BAP make it that far. I would think you will be borderline and might run out of fuel pressure at that level. We have a really clean and simple external single pump fuel system if you just want to make sure you are covered on the fuel. You could also remove the BAP if you install the external pump setup and be good for 750rwhp. Check with your Tuner as he might even recommend meth injection at that level. It would be a great way to increase octane and keep the stock pistons happy. Just remember a stock LS2 is already 10.9:1 CR
Thanks Josh. My tuner is recommending a fuel system upgrade, as a minimum putting in the C6 Z06 in tank pump. I just wanted a second opinion. Also, my tuner won't do methanol injection as they prefer an E85 conversion for reliability, however, that seems quite a bit more expensive than installing a meth kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OFFICIAL A&A SUPERCHARGERS Q&A thread