You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!
Call me stupid, but I am having 2nd thoughts on running my TTi-X kit on my car. Mainly because I have been SERIOUSLY contemplating an All Motor, Max Bore/Stroke RHS setup. Iíve never owned one, so Iíve been tossing it around.
First things first, I do not need to sell this. If you would rather wait the months on end for a kit, and pay retail, then so be it. Nevertheless, I will NOT take a beating on the kit.
I have a BRAND NEW, HIGHLY UPGRADED TTi-X kit for a C6. I also have the complete setup to convert it to a C5 Kit as well. The entire C5 kit has been ceramic coated. Including the cold side.
For an additional 1800.00 I will toss in the balance of the C5 kit as well. That will include the ENTIRE cold side, 2.5Ē TTi-X downpipes, A/C fittings, oiling system, etc etc.. Basically you have 2 ĺ kits.
Again, If I donít sell it in the next week or so, Iíll just keep it. If my wife finds out I am even considering selling it, I will end up having to keep it, or get a divorce. I am NON- Negotiable on the price. Be my guest to price the exact same kit out.
I HAVE installed this on my brand new motor, but I have not finished the car yet, so it has never been fired. The only thing that has been done is I have pre-filled the turbos with oil.
Last edited by Jeff @ TPE; 04-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.
I Know I Know...
I've been going back and forth on it. I do this to my self EVERY FREAKING TIME.. I love the build, then I get bored.
That is why I put such strict rules on the sale. I am continuing to finish the car. If someone decides they want it before Im ready to get ready to fire it up, then they will make out like a bandit. But if not, it's not like I'm gonna have my feelings hurt or anything.. Im sure I can make due with a TT 427.
I just really think a 500+ cid all motor car would be BAD AZZ!! I already have an RHS block, callies billet crank, and 6.300" billet rods. Its just been tempting the heck out of me.
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
Seriously!!! after all this time and money and now you are selling it!!!? I say NO NO... I was waiting for this car to be done! as I am sure you would do a great Job!!
I think it has to do with the time it takes to finish the car. By the time I get around to it, I change my mind. As I said, I'm not pushing the sale along. If it doesn't happen, I will just enjoy it. If Jen catches on, I'm dog meat..
So if someone wants a killer deal, pony uo the cash. If not, I will be firing her up in the next few weeks..
Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
Jeff you're nuts! I never seen anyone buy high and sell low like you. Zr1 tranny zr1 diff turbo kits zr1 brakes ect.......great for the buyer but not so 4 u.
sorry man for busting on u.
Last edited by Jeff @ TPE; 03-27-2012 at 01:04 PM.
We finished it up. It went on to be featured in almost a dozen magazines, with quite a few cover features.
A little over a year ago our shop was robbed, and they got 3 cars. 2 customers, and my car. We got them all back, but only after quite a bit of loss.. unfortunately I lost every penny on the build due to some insurance policy issues.
Its a really sore subject, and still in litigation. Fortunately, the customer cars were fixed 100%, and they didn't loose a cent. Mainly because I physically came out of pocket to make sure it worked out in their favor.
Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
off topic here but didnt you have a KB build a few years back? What ever happened with that car?
We are working on them still.
In an effort to make sure there was no chance of cracking, I went to have them heat treated, along with ceramic coated. Since I am not familiar with heat treating, I did not take proper precautions. The manifolds warped during the process. So we took the screw up as an opportunity to make some revisions to the kit. We are still a few months out though..
Originally Posted by Vince99FRC
Jeff you are such a tease!!!!!!!!! Finish the damn TTi X T4 manifolds already!!!
oh, my bad...I was not clear from the thread....I am in the process of purchasing a vette that I will build for my brother and I want to go the turbo route....I already have a 5th gen twin turbo camaro and my brother and I both like the performance of it....