C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question abaout E FORCE .Shut down .

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question abaout E FORCE .Shut down .

I installed Elderbrock Supercharger kit on my 2007 z06. When you try to shut the car off it keeps running for a couple of seconds , Is the normal ?
Thanks In Advance
Old 01-22-2012, 08:22 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...h-e-force.html
Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

NO it is not normal but you are not the first to have the issue. It looks like the "root cause" has been traced to the injectors in the kit. See tale end of link marked in the previous thread.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,810 Likes on 2,058 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Put a set of FAST 65#ers in and tune for them. My dieseling happens maybe 1 out of 10 shut downs now. It used to happen EVERY shutdown. The 52# LS9 injectors have a spray pattern issue. Ask me how I know!

Elmer
Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Put a set of FAST 65#ers in and tune for them. My dieseling happens maybe 1 out of 10 shut downs now. It used to happen EVERY shutdown. The 52# LS9 injectors have a spray pattern issue. Ask me how I know!

Elmer
Are you saying , this is caused by the injectors ? and I have to change them ! How does opening the valve effect this ?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:07 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Originally Posted by ZR-1 1991
Are you saying , this is caused by the injectors ? and I have to change them ! How does opening the valve effect this ?
I worked on this for over a year.

You can replace the 52s with new 52s
You can insert >60 tunes by 4 different tuners
You can remove the BAP
You can replace the fuel pump
You can replace the intake gaskets (twice)
You can replace the SC unit
You can try the plumbing & valves

If you read that thread I ran, you would have seen what all that I tried.

You can start your own list.

or...

Good luck,

Elmer
Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Street gear
Racer

I am sure the problem is in the tune. Send me a copy of your tune to take a peak. Do you have HP tuner? If you know someone with HP tuner who knows what they are doing I am sure they can get the problems licked.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by Street gear
I am sure the problem is in the tune. Send me a copy of your tune to take a peak. Do you have HP tuner? If you know someone with HP tuner who knows what they are doing I am sure they can get the problems licked.

I love an optimist. Did you read that thread?

Elmer
Old 02-02-2012, 11:42 AM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

I love an optimist. Did you read that thread?

Elmer
Yes , I read every word ,and I appreciate your help . I also contacted form member ''sixty5nfw'' .Who I noticed had parts for sale because he installed E-Force on his ZO6 . He has ZERO problems ,now ,The one issue he did have was his ECM need to be update , Then it took the tune fine .The calibration that is currently in my vehicle from the factory (12611833) is an old calibration that GM has an update for which is a 12614676.
When I get this done ,I will post .
Old 02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
eboggs_jkvl

I'm running 12614676

Elmer
Old 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

I'm running 12614676

Elmer
Elmer, Did you reprogram your the 'crankshaft position sensor '?

VICTORY FOR ME . I did this car sounds and starts and shuts off
just like stock .
Old 02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Elmer, Did you reprogram your the 'crankshaft position sensor '?

VICTORY FOR ME . I did this car sounds and starts and shuts off
just like stock .
Nice!! i dont think anyone thought to try that!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Hm.... We'll check in to that and see if I can get that occasional burp out of the stop cycle.

Elmer
Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

Hm.... We'll check in to that and see if I can get that occasional burp out of the stop cycle.

Elmer
Elmer, my car sounded like a 350 with a high lift cam , it idled pretty rough and sounded like it was running rich, The tail pipes were black .
We hooked up Tech 2 and showed misfire on 5 and 3 mainly on 5.
Did not set code, on SCT.
You told me you had GM latest update . the crankshaft sensor ,should have been reprogrammed them .
part of the procedure to go WIDE OPEN THROTTLE with car in park or neutral .Then the ecm shuts off the fuel . (I taught my motor was going to blow up .) The motor sound changed in a second it was a lot quieter , It was same sound as it was stock . shut car off ,it shut down right away , 'VICTORY'
I hope this helps your problem .
Old 02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Elmer, my car sounded like a 350 with a high lift cam , it idled pretty rough and sounded like it was running rich, The tail pipes were black .
You told me you had GM latest update . the crankshaft sensor ,should have been reprogrammed them .
part of the procedure to go WIDE OPEN THROTTLE with car in park or neutral .Then the ecm shuts off the fuel . (I taught my motor was going to blow up .) The motor sound changed in a second it was a lot quieter , It was same sound as it was stock . shut car off ,it shut down right away , 'VICTORY'

My instructions were a little less drastic and only needed 4000 rpm to get the "stumble" that says relearned. I tried it twice with my EFILive and the last shut down was normal BUT!!!!!! The silly car does that half of the time anyhow so....

I'll do a little driving around and see if the issue stays gone. Thanks for the information.

As far as idling and stuff, I had no stumbling, running rich, or any of the symptoms that you had.

Elmer
Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 PM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

My instructions were a little less drastic and only needed 4000 rpm to get the "stumble" that says relearned. I tried it twice with my EFILive and the last shut down was normal BUT!!!!!! The silly car does that half of the time anyhow so....

I'll do a little driving around and see if the issue stays gone. Thanks for the information.

As far as idling and stuff, I had no stumbling, running rich, or any of the symptoms that you had.

Elmer
Elmer , follow up , Did it shut down ok ,after
Old 02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Elmer , follow up , Did it shut down ok ,after

Rain and then the super bowl restricted driving tests. Going to have to be on Monday.

Get notified of new replies

To Question abaout E FORCE .Shut down .

Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Excellent work. So, you never had to change the injectors? Just reprogramming the "crankshaft position sensor"?
Now, why would EForce affect this? I'm Confused or did EForce tune basically wiped out (over wrote) good tune with bad tune? If yes, you should notify Edelbrock.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
Excellent work. So, you never had to change the injectors? Just reprogramming the "crankshaft position sensor"?
Now, why would EForce affect this? I'm Confused or did EForce tune basically wiped out (over wrote) good tune with bad tune? If yes, you should notify Edelbrock.
Ever since I started the project , I have been in direct contact with Tech Support Manager Dave Stinson (great person to deal with) always took my calls and listen to my problems. I think were the superchargers are new to the market , they haven't seen all the problems. My car is a 2007 Z06 . the ecu had 12611833 file there is a new update 12614676 new software to correct battery run down condition . because of this the SCT tune would not go one car , A member here had some parts for sale because he installed an e force . I contacted him , he told me that he had to update his ECU , I did this ,then my sct showed z06 Tune . but still didn't work correctly , I did a bit more research , and found if you replace the ecu (I didn't but I did wipe it out to re program it ) you have to re learn the 'CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ', You need a Tech 2 to do this , part of the process , is to go wide open throttle in park or neutral , pretty scarey , When we did car sound changed , it was just like you closed the mufflers , with switch (mild to wild)
Old 02-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Ever since I started the project , I have been in direct contact with Tech Support Manager Dave Stinson (great person to deal with) always took my calls and listen to my problems. I think were the superchargers are new to the market , they haven't seen all the problems. My car is a 2007 Z06 . the ecu had 12611833 file there is a new update 12614676 new software to correct battery run down condition . because of this the SCT tune would not go one car , A member here had some parts for sale because he installed an e force . I contacted him , he told me that he had to update his ECU , I did this ,then my sct showed z06 Tune . but still didn't work correctly , I did a bit more research , and found if you replace the ecu (I didn't but I did wipe it out to re program it ) you have to re learn the 'CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ', You need a Tech 2 to do this , part of the process , is to go wide open throttle in park or neutral , pretty scarey , When we did car sound changed , it was just like you closed the mufflers , with switch (mild to wild)
Thanks! Great info.

Quick Reply: Question abaout E FORCE .Shut down .