C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the Latest and Greatest Fuel system for a C6 Z06.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Toxic-evo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I think dkt's new surge style is top dog
Old 02-25-2012, 10:40 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Made my own triple pump hanger before any vendor here. Two walboro 255 and third is areo 340 on hobb. Dash -10 to rear of passenger rail. All Teflon braided lines.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm with nick... Did my own on my c5. But on my tt c6 z06 I've purchased the RSI triple in tank setup... Here's what I advised in another thread concerning their system.... Their electric wires are too thin on their 3 pump setup and wires are melting on other peoples kits... I dodged the bullet because I had a custom wire harness made...

I bought a triple pump setup around Christmas and the wire harness was the hold up. I only received my kit this past week... 3 months late.

I've been down this road before with wiring pumps as I made my own kit similar to this for a c5 back in 2005. Stock corvette fuel systems can benefit greatly from thicker wires... Many people don't understand voltage drop, and stock vettes only get about 8 volts at the end of the wires if that. Bugs me when aftermarket fuel system inventors make the same mistake.

With this rsi system, I ordered the 3 pump setup, but I'm only running 2 at a time. When one fails, I plug in the fuse on the third pump.

For this reason, they designed me a special wire harness at RSI... However, after seeing the thickness of the wires, or lack thereof, they should be making all kits with exclusive seperate feeds to each pump if it's so important for them to cut corners on wire thickness after doing such a great job on the pump hanger itself.

Pump hanger and hardware, lines, and fuel rails are great.

Anyone looking for 2 pumps, I encourage you to do what I did which is to opt for the 3 pumps, pay the extra money, and keep one unplugged. 2 pumps will support 1000hp... Especially with big enough lines, injectors, rails, etc. And electrical wires

The extra money equates to not having to drop the fuel tank out of your car when a pump fails... You simply plug in a fuse, and away you go.

So let that compute in your head for a while... How much money it saves in the long run to have the third pump in there on standby for when the first one fails.

The other good news is you have 3 pumps incase you go big power. You could have 2 tunes based on different levels of nitrous or boost, etc.

This also guarantees you have 3 pairs of wires leading to your pumps, as thin as they may be... Instead of 1 pair or 2?.. By opting to have all pumps on separate fuses and wires.

Buy this setup and if they say it's going to be a while, do their biz a favor and yourself and get the hanger and rest of the kit and run the wires yourself. Use thick ones it's the electricity feeding pumps that keep your motor from running lean. It's kind of important.

I give their kit a 9 out of 10 if you take their thin wires out of the equation. Put those in, and it goes to a 2. Don't let the wires scare you, have an electrician do it, and save yourself the waiting game of if and when RSI will make your wires before they finally ship it.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM
0Supervettes LLC
Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by irun4cops
I'm with nick...
irun4cops... your PM mailbox is full. PM me about our new diffuser when you can.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Corvette6.0
Advanced

What would you recommend for 700-800hp (at the crank) C6 Z06. I would not mind paying a little more for something that is more reliable and quality. To me a fuel pump is really not something to go "cheap" on.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quiky One
I strongly feel the Walbro's need to be replaced every two years to keep them pumping up to their max operating potential, if one does fail it is hard to diagnose, and if one does fail you have to drop the tank to replace it.

With an external it only runs under boost and it is very easy to test and diagnose if it isn't working correctly.

Plus, two walbro's will be tapped out before a stock pump and a big external would be...If you run triple Walbro's you just have triple the worry.

This x100, putting 3 pumps in an extremely hard to reach location will make fuel system diagnosis a massive pain in the ***. With 3 pumps it's even hard to diagnose when they are easily accessible.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
vetterestorer
Drifting

I just got the aeromotive stealth drop in for driving, and have the eliminator pump added externally for boost....its still in the works. Lets see how it goes!!

Quick Reply: What's the Latest and Greatest Fuel system for a C6 Z06.