C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing A&A kit from the Z. What to expect? What will I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Removing A&A kit from the Z. What to expect? What will I need?

Hey all, I posted up in C6Z section and didnt get much help. Anyway, I have decided that making 641rw on 345-20 Nitto Invo is getting pretty old. I seriously cant remember the last time I was able to put down anywhere lose to what it makes w//o blowing the tires off. I convinced myself that I could use the power if I was "talked" into a nice 60-180mph roll race. I havnt done that even once since I got the blower on.the car. Dont get me wrong I love the power...or the thought of it anyway ha, ha.
Anyway, when I go to remove the A&A kit...what stock parts will I need?
Here is my list: upper radiator cover, stock injectors, stock tentioner.
Isnt there a lower air dam piece up near the front grill? Leaving my boost a pump.wired up a problem? Leaving the Ron Davis radiator a problem? Thanks all!
Btw I dont know if Id be as eaver to go back to STOCK UT since I.already run an LPE 616 kit...the car still gets out of its own way. Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

There is an air damn piece you remove. No problem leaving the other stuff in there. If you pull the radiator you will have to put the oil cooler back up front.

You need an intake of some sort. Haltech/stock/etc. Obviously it would need to be retuned.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:24 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Or you could replace the rear wheels and get 19" with Nitto NT05R in 345/30/19. At your power level they WILL hook like a ****.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:33 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
Or you could replace the rear wheels and get 19" with Nitto NT05R in 345/30/19. At your power level they WILL hook like a ****.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

This is more logical
Old 02-25-2012, 10:54 PM
GeistC6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks guys. Im in no mood to have new rear wheels REMADE for my widebody. I absolutely love the look I have now.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 AM
ElSpa
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm looking for a headunit + bracket if you decide to part out !
Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Nobody has a.full list of parts needed to go.back to stock?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Sleeper09
Instructor

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Hey all, I posted up in C6Z section and didnt get much help. Anyway, I have decided that making 641rw on 345-20 Nitto Invo is getting pretty old. I seriously cant remember the last time I was able to put down anywhere lose to what it makes w//o blowing the tires off. I convinced myself that I could use the power if I was "talked" into a nice 60-180mph roll race. I havnt done that even once since I got the blower on.the car. Dont get me wrong I love the power...or the thought of it anyway ha, ha.
Isnt there a lower air dam piece up near the front grill? Leaving my boost a pump.wired up a problem? Leaving the Ron Davis radiator a problem? Thanks all!
Btw I dont know if Id be as eaver to go back to STOCK UT since I.already run an LPE 616 kit...the car still gets out of its own way. Thanks again.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't do it!!!!!! Joking I understand you have to do what you feel is right for your needs. You may want to reach out to A&A and see if they could shed some light on the parts list you seek. A copy of their install manual may help as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:06 AM
BUSMAN C6
Pro

Maybe you can find buyer nearby and use his old parts.
Good luck
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 AM
nareg
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well if theirs some sort of instruction manual to put everything on the car... Just read it backwards lol
Old 02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Better have second thoughts! nI love my Z with my A&A kit. I dont need to do 180 to know it's fast. But blowing 1 liter bikes on a roll is priceless!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned work backwards based on instructions... It's mostly the air bridge, filter assembly (plastic parts), misc clips... Or call Andy as I'm sure he has all those parts kicking around from installs.

Also don't forget bumper cover has to come off - probably worst part of removing it.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nobody has a.full list of parts needed to go.back to stock?
Justin,

I'll add to this list later but for now...

- air filter and air bridge
- radiator shroud
- injectors
- stock PCM calibration (at least a non SC version)

The Z kit comes with a DeWitts radiator with built in oil cooler - to go back completely to stock you will also need...

- radiator
- oil cooler
Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks all. Yepper Im basicly swapping dack to my LPE 616 kit and keeping my Dewitts radiator.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing A&A kit from the Z. What to expect? What will I need?

Quick Reply: Removing A&A kit from the Z. What to expect? What will I need?