C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower cams....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:45 AM
DTH STR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@CCP
That is the key for a FI cam, we don't use any of comp cams using XER or LSL lobes.

If comp doesn't have the lobe we'll use Bullet-the lobe is the most important thing in getting a HR to make power-and with the blower that means RPM.

As far as overlap-my own personal cam has 24 degrees of overlap and can get driven anywhere-even my wife can drive it.

Now I won't recomend my cam to everyone-but if you want to make big power-don't be scared of overlap.

Duud, you're scaring me!! I run the XER 281 with Comp Cams supporting valve train pcs. And I'm about to go FI......What do you think? Its is not a DD if that matters.

Shahram
Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I thought LSL lobes were pretty mild. One cam I was looking at was LSL intake, XE exhaust.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:25 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DTH STR
Duud, you're scaring me!! I run the XER 281 with Comp Cams supporting valve train pcs. And I'm about to go FI......What do you think? Its is not a DD if that matters.

Shahram
You'll be fine unless you want to go real fast and make double digit boost.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
I thought LSL lobes were pretty mild. One cam I was looking at was LSL intake, XE exhaust.
The LSL is not mild, but since you have the Ti intake valve-your a step ahead of everyone.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 PM
DTH STR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@CCP
You'll be fine unless you want to go real fast and make double digit boost.

Oh great! That's exactly what i have in mind!!

Shahram
Old 02-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

WCCH recently ported my heads, upgraded rockers and replaced hollow stem valves and all valve guides. I am not worried about any valve train issues on my set up with the cam i listed in beginning in my thread. I am just undecided on what blower and setup to go with. I do love the cam I just put in, sound and all. I do have stock ls7 bottom end, pistons and all. I don't want alot of boost cause I know I am limited. Just wondering others opinions?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:30 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by U
WCCH recently ported my heads, upgraded rockers and replaced hollow stem valves and all valve guides. I am not worried about any valve train issues on my set up with the cam i listed in beginning in my thread. I am just undecided on what blower and setup to go with. I do love the cam I just put in, sound and all. I do have stock ls7 bottom end, pistons and all. I don't want alot of boost cause I know I am limited. Just wondering others opinions?

We have MANY customers who have been in your shoes... After having heads/cam upgrades for a while it was time to add some boost... While our "Annihilator" is not the "perfect" blower cam, it works extremely well with street applications. We have about a dozen C6Zs out there running our Annihilator with the A&A supercharger kits making 700rwhp..

One of our customers made some passes at the IRS shootout and was running consistent 10.00s@ 146mph with this same combination..

Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss your goals more in depth.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 PM
BIGWILYT
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe Ron, is talking about Lou's car in the above caption! It was a 720 HP Build and I have personally rode in this car! IT IS MIND BLOWING!

Also, I AM A VENGEANCE CUSTOMER FOR LIFE! These guys know their stuff, above that they know customer service, and after starting with a 10-15K build, I now have a build in upwards of $100k with a 457 RHS and Custom Twin Turbos on my z06 all done by Vengeance and HONESTLY, I WOULD NOT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY.

Ron and the team at Vengeance have done nothing short of treating me like family! They have a top notch staff, and most of all they are HONEST and INTEGRITY INTACT!

Being a business owner, RON KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES TO CONDUCT BUSINESS! I have had a perfect experience with them and will do many more cars with Vengeance in the future. WHY, only four words can express it:

UNMATCHED SERVICE, PROVEN PERFORMANCE!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:32 AM
94-vette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gregs94
Do a search, I think it was Arun who posted some nice results with cams that are " not blower" cams and made good power
EG does the same!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I think something like a 224/238 on a 116 is good.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:12 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I think something like a 224/238 on a 116 is good.
The OP is rockin' 427 cubes. Cubes eat duration and overlap. I'd bet he'll be really happy with his cam choice. If he likes it n/a, he'll really like it with positive manifold pressure.

Last edited by old motorhead; 03-10-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
The OP is rockin' 427 cubes. Cubes eat duration and overlap. I'd bet he'll be really happy with his cam choice. If he likes it n/a, he'll really like it with positive manifold pressure.
Yeah scratch that idea. I for some reason thought it was a LS3 but had to go back and read it.

Quick Reply: Blower cams....