C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous install on LS3 - what is used to retard timing?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Getting parts used is a good way to go if you can find it. I'd always pick up new solenoids though to make sure they didn't get gunked up or anything from a previous owner. You don't want a crappy solenoid to stick open or closed...not that it happens often, but I like to avoid potential disaster
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Flash20
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iat switch> all

When it comes to nitrous I like to keep it as simple as possible.

I have yet to run into another nitrous car as fast as mine in mexico
Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 AM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Getting parts used is a good way to go if you can find it. I'd always pick up new solenoids though to make sure they didn't get gunked up or anything from a previous owner. You don't want a crappy solenoid to stick open or closed...not that it happens often, but I like to avoid potential disaster
The kit's I'm looking at where never used and are still in the packaging. The sellers just changed their minds for whatever reason.
turbotuner20v had a really nice kit I wanted to buy but the timing didn't work out.

Originally Posted by Flash20
Iat switch> all

When it comes to nitrous I like to keep it as simple as possible.

I have yet to run into another nitrous car as fast as mine in mexico
Details on your setup?

I'm super **** so I'll have every safety precaution that I can. FPSS, wot switch, window switch, A/F switch.

When you say IAT switch, are you meaning a resistor or switch that tricks the ECU into thinking the IATs are super high so the motor pulls timing?

I was looking into something like that, or just fronting the money for the lingenfelter controller or something similiar.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Flash20
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinjor

Details on your setup?

I'm super **** so I'll have every safety precaution that I can. FPSS, wot switch, window switch, A/F switch.

When you say IAT switch, are you meaning a resistor or switch that tricks the ECU into thinking the IATs are super high so the motor pulls timing?

I was looking into something like that, or just fronting the money for the lingenfelter controller or something similiar.
416ci, 2 kits, I probably spray more than what others would lol.

yes that's what I've been using for years no issues here. The lingenfelter box is nice but I haven't had a need to replace what I have.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

Do you mind PM'ing me more details on the IAT switch? Was it homemade or purchased? If not, no big deal, I just like to know what works and doesn't work for people. Thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinjor
I have no doubt it'll me more cost effective to go FI, but I'm really itching to try nitrous and see if I like it. Hell, I may build the kit, have it tuned and hate it, and then turn around and resell it all.

I'm not one to go half-assed on anything so I'll likely go with a twin 10lb bottle setup and see how I like it. I can always add the NANO stuff later on if the shoe fits. I'm a symmetry freak so having 1 bottle off to the side will drive me absolutely bonkers. I honestly have a hard enough time dealing with just the driver's seat in when I race. It's some kind of OCD thing, but I crave and thrive on symmetry. I had both ears pierced and gauged, and my tattoos are symmetrical. It's a problem.

There are a few guys selling brand new plate kits at a fraction of the cost so I'll likely go that route after I figure out this whole clutch situation.
if you run the nano theoretically you wont need 2 nitrous bottles, you should be able to make 10 passes on 1 bottle
Old 01-20-2012, 06:59 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
if you run the nano theoretically you wont need 2 nitrous bottles, you should be able to make 10 passes on 1 bottle
True, but I already have issues trying to keep the gas tank right at 1/4 full. I really don't want to have to worry about keeping the nitrous bottles full every week.

Although, I guess that is part of the equation. . .
Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 PM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are two differnt part numbers.
GM LS1/LS6 - PN 8625, GM LS2/LS7 - PN 86251
This is what we are running to take out timing while spraying nitrous. Also running a Nitrous Express NXD5000 - Nitrous Express Boost Reference Progressive Nitrous Controller. I am supercharged and spraying nitrous.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous install on LS3 - what is used to retard timing?