C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is the Edelbrock E-Force on a Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Z06.R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How is the Edelbrock E-Force on a Z06?

Hey everyone,

I'm planning to install a supercharger on my 2006 Z06 over the winter. I am seriously considering going with the E-Force, as my car will be a 100% street car. Right now, I have headers, hi-flow cats, x-pipe and Corsa exhaust with a tune making 483RWHP. I'm also running 20" 345 Nitto Invos. My goal is to have a 625-650RHWP steet machine.

My thoughts are to get the competition kit, then pick up a set of injectors, a KB BAP, Racetronix harness and a pully one size smaller than in the standard kit because of my exhaust and desire to have a little more power. Then do the install and take it to a respected tuner to get a full dyno/street tune done.

As I noted, this car will only see street use, but I certainly enjoy spirited driving and the occasional match against whatever is next to me on the highway. I know I wouldnt win every race, but I certainly want to be as competitive as I can be, but still have the most amount of fun while just cruising around.

I also realize that 650RWHP would be the max I would want out of any system that I went with because of a few reasons. One being I think any more significant power woudn't pay off versus the time, money and effort of getting it in a street car on street tires. And also just as important, I don't want to do more that just the supercharger and a good tune, in addition to the exhaust I already have. I am not looking to go into the engine, and I really prefer not to install a methanol system. I've had them in the past, and while I see their usefulness, I would like this car to be done without it.

So my goal would be 625-650RWHP, which is about another 140-165RWHP on top of what I have now. 650RWHP would be nice just to say you have it, but I'm sure I would be just as happy with 625, knowing that it would be more easily and reliably achievable.

I know an A&A or ECS kit could get me there (I haven't ruled them out, I more want to find out about the E-Force), and I obviously know the PD versus centri threads, so please don't make this into one of those. I am interested in peoples/installer/tuners actual experiences with these E-Force system on the Z06.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 PM
ZR-1 1991
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06.R
Hey everyone,

I'm planning to install a supercharger on my 2006 Z06 over the winter. I am seriously considering going with the E-Force, as my car will be a 100% street car. Right now, I have headers, hi-flow cats, x-pipe and Corsa exhaust with a tune making 483RWHP. I'm also running 20" 345 Nitto Invos. My goal is to have a 625-650RHWP steet machine.

My thoughts are to get the competition kit, then pick up a set of injectors, a KB BAP, Racetronix harness and a pully one size smaller than in the standard kit because of my exhaust and desire to have a little more power. Then do the install and take it to a respected tuner to get a full dyno/street tune done.

As I noted, this car will only see street use, but I certainly enjoy spirited driving and the occasional match against whatever is next to me on the highway. I know I wouldnt win every race, but I certainly want to be as competitive as I can be, but still have the most amount of fun while just cruising around.

I also realize that 650RWHP would be the max I would want out of any system that I went with because of a few reasons. One being I think any more significant power woudn't pay off versus the time, money and effort of getting it in a street car on street tires. And also just as important, I don't want to do more that just the supercharger and a good tune, in addition to the exhaust I already have. I am not looking to go into the engine, and I really prefer not to install a methanol system. I've had them in the past, and while I see their usefulness, I would like this car to be done without it.

So my goal would be 625-650RWHP, which is about another 140-165RWHP on top of what I have now. 650RWHP would be nice just to say you have it, but I'm sure I would be just as happy with 625, knowing that it would be more easily and reliably achievable.

I know an A&A or ECS kit could get me there (I haven't ruled them out, I more want to find out about the E-Force), and I obviously know the PD versus centri threads, so please don't make this into one of those. I am interested in peoples/installer/tuners actual experiences with these E-Force system on the Z06.
I'm installing the E FORCE on my 2007 Z06 right now , I'm at step 139 now, I have found several mistakes in the instruction , The kit itself is made well .
Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06.R
Hey everyone,

I think you will do well with it. I'd recommend to upgrade your valve system and would be great to port the heads. You'll see a wider torq range.

p.s. Oh and add a set of ZR1 Cams in. :-)

Last edited by Z_Rocks; 12-30-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:32 AM
wallyj
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
p.s. Oh and add a set of ZR1 Cams in. :-)
How many cams are you planning on putting in?
Old 12-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wallyj
How many cams are you planning on putting in?
I meant to say replace the cams with ZR1 cams.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:42 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
I meant to say replace the cams with ZR1 cams.
I think he was mocking your "cams" comment. The LS series motor is not a DOHC engine. Its a single cam push rod design.

Anyways, I would like to see how the LS7 would respond with the GT9 camshaft from Lingenfelter. It has larger duration and larger lift, but a similar centerline 120-121ish. I should have my EForce delivered sometime next month, and may upgrade to the GT9 camshaft and custom tune later down the road.

Last edited by erick_e; 12-31-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
wallyj
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by erick_e
I think he was mocking your "cams" comment. The LS series motor is not a DOHC engine. Its a single cam push rod design.

Anyways, I would like to see how the LS7 would respond with the GT9 camshaft from Lingenfelter. It has larger duration and larger lift, but a similar centerline 120-121ish. I should have my EForce delivered sometime next month, and may upgrade to the GT9 camshaft and custom tune later down the road.
Yeah, sorry about that, I just couldn't resist. I am kind of suprised how little some people know abot these cars.

My apologies to the OP. I hope you get the responses you are looking for. I like my E-Force, but I'm just a lowly LS3.

Last edited by wallyj; 01-02-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
0Goodies Speed Shop
Former Vendor

The install is pretty straight forward. I Think a call to Edelbrock would answer your questions in better detail about the potential altitude problem. Zr1 1991 your right there are a few mistakes in the actual instructions. We have not had the opportunity to to an install on a Z06 but the ls2 cars make a TON of torque at a very usable rpm, so part throttle is lots of fun.

http://goodies-speedshop.com/n-3770-...-corvette.html

Last edited by Goodies Speed Shop; 01-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Z06.R
Instructor

Any shops/tuners do any Z06's with supporting mods like a full exhaust which I have? Curious as to how this system works and if over 600RWHP is easy with a custom tune.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:27 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

I just recently installed an Edelbrock E-force on my Grand Sport and love it. The shop I had install it (Dyno Tune Performance in Va Bch) came up with a great solution. I got the standard 549 kit, but got a smaller pulley and they installed a Kenney Bell boost a pump to help with the fuel issue. This was great because if you got the 599 kit you had to have the high flow fuel pump installed which was major $$$$ to drop the tank and install. I got 525 rwhp with the tune and ARH. Could not be happier. Edelbrock also has the warrenty. Diffrent opions on that. Good luck bro. Happy speed.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:25 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 953 Posts

Originally Posted by 757missy
Edelbrock also has the warrenty. Diffrent opions on that. Good luck bro. Happy speed.
You might be really disappointed if you ever need that warranty.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:13 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Here's my thoughts based on what I've seen in person and the graphs posted here:
The system requires a lot of boost to make little power (not efficient).
The warranty isn't worth the paper its written on.
It's overpriced.

Good luck.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

I'd go with an A&A or ECS kit myself, but hopefully the E-Force works out well for you.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

The E-Force kit is nice and makes good power. It does seem to hold the heat a little more due to the cast side covers. I think you can make your goal hp with it..........although i am a little biast to the ECS kit
Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

You're wanting another 50 to 75 horsepower more then what the stock E-Force was designed to deliver. To get that, without opening the engine requires more boost, as you know, because you want to run a smaller pulley then the one supplied by Edelbrock. The E-Force has 5.5 psi which seems to be the consensus by many as the maximum boost to have the LS7( mainly the cast pistons) live.

You will get more horsepower by cranking up the boost, but what price are you willing to pay in reliability. Ain't no free rides on the merry-go-round.

Get notified of new replies

To How is the Edelbrock E-Force on a Z06?

Quick Reply: How is the Edelbrock E-Force on a Z06?