C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6z build?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM
BlackMoses
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6z build?

HEY guys i am new on this site, but not new to high hp cars. i have just switched from the ford side of things to the chevrolet side. I just sold my 2004 cobra and i am in the market for a 2008 z06. i am looking to build the car pretty well and am interested in the type of build that nick has done (im sure you all know who nick is) hes the Bam Bam guy i believe. Now like i said i came from the ford side and i dont really know which products to use or which vendors yall recommend to build a car with 1400 hp. i am looking for 160+ trap speeds but really its going to be a roll race car/texas mile car. i want to keep the 6 speed so will probably upgrade to the zr1 tr6060 unless you guys suggest otherwise. there will be a full cage in the car and no safety features will be spared. I dont know whether to build the stock block or purchase a built motor. please help on all aspects of the build and feel free to give me facts and opinions, even if its to go another route with the forced industion. Thanks for all your help guys!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

I look forward to seeing suggestions for a bad *** car
Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Buy Z06, drive to Dallas, take a BOAT load of cash, drop car off at www.dallasperformance.com = 1400rwhp

Seriously, there are very few "street" build C6 platform cars that make the HP you say you want. check out Taylor's website and you will see what he does, several of us here are loyal customers, check him out and ask around you will understand. "Most" of the fast Houston Boys go to him...
Old 07-26-2011, 03:39 PM
BlackMoses
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Buy Z06, drive to Dallas, take a BOAT load of cash, drop car off at www.dallasperformance.com = 1400rwhp

Seriously, there are very few "street" build C6 platform cars that make the HP you say you want. check out Taylor's website and you will see what he does, several of us here are loyal customers, check him out and ask around you will understand. "Most" of the fast Houston Boys go to him...
Im guessing Taylor is the owner? What does he specialize in?
Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BlackMoses
Im guessing Taylor is the owner? What does he specialize in?
Yes Taylor is the owner, and they specialize in Very Fast cars. No Joke, check the website and you'll understand...

You do realize how much scrilla 1400hp costs correct? This is a serious monetary commitment... Like most hobbies if you are willing to pay, you can create just about whatever you can imagine
Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
BlackMoses
Intermediate

Yes Taylor is the owner, and they specialize in Very Fast cars. No Joke, check the website and you'll understand...

You do realize how much scrilla 1400hp costs correct? This is a serious monetary commitment... Like most hobbies if you are willing to pay, you can create just about whatever you can imagine
yea im not too worried about the cost. i dont want to spend 100k but im not gonna even consider a build like this if it would put a strain on my everyday commitments or living. youd be stupid if you think you can do this for 20k
Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

yea im not too worried about the cost. i dont want to spend 100k but im not gonna even consider a build like this if it would put a strain on my everyday commitments or living. youd be stupid if you think you can do this for 20k
1400 rwhp.. 100k might not be such a crazy number
Old 07-26-2011, 04:54 PM
flyinmedic
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

X2, ask me how I know.

You won't be disappointed
Old 07-26-2011, 04:56 PM
flyinmedic
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
1400 rwhp.. 100k might not be such a crazy number
Not too far off depending on what is done to the car already and how he wants to achieve his goals.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:15 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

"Most" of the fast Houston Boys go to him...

Good luck on the build! There are quite a few shops around Houston that can get a 1000rwhp build done. 1000rwhp should get you in the 150's, the problem is just getting the power to the ground without tearing out the rear end on these things. Most guys here that make that power are M6 cars, and see 140's to 150's. You would be better off going with an auto to put the power down in the 1/4, while still being able to roll hard in Mexico.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
BlackMoses
Intermediate

Originally Posted by winters97gt

Good luck on the build! There are quite a few shops around Houston that can get a 1000rwhp build done. 1000rwhp should get you in the 150's, the problem is just getting the power to the ground without tearing out the rear end on these things. Most guys here that make that power are M6 cars, and see 140's to 150's. You would be better off going with an auto to put the power down in the 1/4, while still being able to roll hard in Mexico.
gonna keep the m6. i should restate this. i want the capability of a 160+ trap but it will mainly be a street car. tx2k12 type stuff

Last edited by BlackMoses; 07-26-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What the heck is tk2k12?

With a 160 trap speed goal in mind I'd build a forged 427 ERL (or similar) block with top notch heads and have a -very- reputable shop with tons of fabrication experience design a custom single or twin turbo kit. I don't think anything off-the-shelf is well-suited for that sort of power.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaniel
What the heck is tk2k12?
Youtube, "TX2K". Then click on the first video for just a bit of what happens.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

gonna keep the m6. i should restate this. i want the capability of a 160+ trap but it will mainly be a street car. tk2k12 type stuff
in that case.. you are deff going to need about $100k if you plan to compete with the big buys there..
Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 PM
BlackMoses
Intermediate

dont necessarily want to compete with them, just have a car on the same level. this will be a car for me and my family to enjoy. i believe dallas performance will get a call tomorrow. if it takes 100k then i guess so be it
Old 07-26-2011, 08:06 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

dont necessarily want to compete with them, just have a car on the same level. this will be a car for me and my family to enjoy. i believe dallas performance will get a call tomorrow. if it takes 100k then i guess so be it
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if it takes 100k then i guess so be it
God damn, I wish I could talk like that. Just imagining a $100k vanishing in one moment to be spent on a depreciating asset like a car makes me cringe...but more power to you. Looking forward to seeing her rolling around Houston.

Get notified of new replies

To C6z build?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM
BlackMoses
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lane_change
God damn, I wish I could talk like that. Just imagining a $100k vanishing in one moment to be spent on a depreciating asset like a car makes me cringe...but more power to you. Looking forward to seeing her rolling around Houston.
havent got the car yet but im on a hunt. also havent decided on spending that kind of scribble yet, but ive been having withdrawls since the cobra left so it will probably happen

where at in Katy do you live? I am looking to build in Firethorne
Old 07-26-2011, 10:00 PM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn

Can you please buy me some wheels adv.1 or 360 forged bout 4k chump change for you sir. Lol
Old 07-26-2011, 10:05 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

havent got the car yet but im on a hunt. also havent decided on spending that kind of scribble yet, but ive been having withdrawls since the cobra left so it will probably happen

where at in Katy do you live? I am looking to build in Firethorne
I live just South of Firethorne on 1463 towards 1093. We looked at Firethorne as well, but built here....but wish I would have built out in Fulshear in hindsight. If you are still shopping, check out Fulbrook or Fulshear Creek Crossing.

What was done to your Cobra? We have a few Z owners out here in this area, looking forward to having another one. Especially one of that caliber. Gonna make my little head/cam/n2o Z **** itself. Good luck.

Quick Reply: C6z build?