C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Another) APS TT question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:10 PM
cell6ida
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Another) APS TT question

Someone bought my heads, cam, and fast intake from me. So I am left with the remainder of a LS2 engine (a short block I believe) with under 10,000 miles on it. My initial plans were to put a stroker motor in and sell my short block.

But now I’m looking hard at an APS twin Turbo installation. I’ve seen listed prices from $9k to $11k for the kit. If I get this TT system, I’ve been told that I can put the engine back to stock (or near stock), or go with forged rods and pistons for a few grand more.

Here’s what I’d like to hear from you guys, since I have ZERO experience & knowledge in the TT C6 realm. What do you suggest I buy, for heads, cam, rods, intake, etc. My goal is 650-700 RWHP?RWTQ through an A6.

Please let me know what you suggest. I don’t need, and would probably never use 900 RWHP, but with forged rods and pistons, a blower cam, and stock ported heads is this 650 RWHP/RWTQ number doable?

Let me know what you think I should buy IF I GO T.T. I will probably be making the final decision within the next 2 weeks when my current heads, cam, intake is taken off my engine.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

APS kit is grate chose for RWHP you are aiming for. If you put better heads cam and intake you will make more power on less boost. When I got me car it did have stock heads and intake. With this setup I was making 750 RWTQ and 650 RWHP on 13-14 psi. With the moods I have done after I got the car ( heads, intake, meth, bigger inlets and fuel system) is at 9 psi I’m putting down at least the same on 9 psi. So you can go both ways.

I really like this system but it has its limits. For one the Westgate is in the turbo so on higher boost you will not hold the boost as well as external Westgate.

The fun to drive on the street is fantastic and non turbo lag.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:17 PM
cell6ida
Burning Brakes

Thank you for the reply.

Anyone else?

Last edited by cell6ida; 07-12-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: question answered
Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 PM
atomicC6
Racer

If I were you I wouldn't spend money on heads, intake, and cam when you can get your horsepower numbers easily with meth. It wouldn't hurt to do a cam just to get your boost down lower to reach your goal, but it's not needed. I would use the money for your a6 transmission. It probably won't last to long with 650 to 700 rwhp. I have 725 rwhp and 768 rwtq with a completely stock motor.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 PM
cell6ida
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by atomicC6
If I were you I wouldn't spend money on heads, intake, and cam when you can get your horsepower numbers easily with meth. It wouldn't hurt to do a cam just to get your boost down lower to reach your goal, but it's not needed. I would use the money for your a6 transmission. It probably won't last to long with 650 to 700 rwhp. I have 725 rwhp and 768 rwtq with a completely stock motor.

Now this is the kind of info I can really use. Thanks!

Anyone else?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:53 PM
atomicC6
Racer

One of the most important things I forgot to mention is to find a good TUNER... Without a good tune even a built motor will not last long. I would contact one of the tuners on the forum that's close to you. Even if it's a long drive it's worth it.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:17 AM
cell6ida
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by atomicC6
One of the most important things I forgot to mention is to find a good TUNER... Without a good tune even a built motor will not last long. I would contact one of the tuners on the forum that's close to you. Even if it's a long drive it's worth it.

Instal by NLP in Orlando, and subsequent tunes by Jermy Formato in Tampa That would be my plan if I decide to do this.

Get notified of new replies

To (Another) APS TT question

Quick Reply: (Another) APS TT question