C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APS Twin Turbo on GS or Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS Twin Turbo on GS or Z06?

Guys,

Does anyone have an APS TT setup on their C6 GS or Z06 and can tell me if the pid filters come down to a point where I can feed air in from where the existing lights are on the bottom of the front spoiler?
As in pop those lights out, and make a Air Duct that pushes right into the end of the pod?

Also, are the wastegates electronically adjustable, so I can have an in-car boost controller?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveRiellyNZ
Guys,

Does anyone have an APS TT setup on their C6 GS or Z06 and can tell me if the pid filters come down to a point where I can feed air in from where the existing lights are on the bottom of the front spoiler?
As in pop those lights out, and make a Air Duct that pushes right into the end of the pod?

Also, are the wastegates electronically adjustable, so I can have an in-car boost controller?
I just looked at my C6. The filters sit in the fender wells right behind the lower lights, so yes you could probably remove the lights and fab some air ducts.

Several of those with the APS kit have an in-car boost controller.

Last edited by DSOMC6; 06-20-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 PM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

Cool, thanks for getting back to me on that.

Just checked with APS in Aussie, and they're guys in the US, and they don't do this kit anymore...as I'm not yet in the U.S, its not a major, but are there similar stealth turbo systems, that are also quality, available for the C6?

I can likely have one made up for me, but I hear there's all sorts of official emissions testing etc it would have to go through if I wanted to use it on the street.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
J BROWN
Heel & Toe

Cool, thanks for getting back to me on that.

Just checked with APS in Aussie, and they're guys in the US, and they don't do this kit anymore...as I'm not yet in the U.S, its not a major, but are there similar stealth turbo systems, that are also quality, available for the C6?

I can likely have one made up for me, but I hear there's all sorts of official emissions testing etc it would have to go through if I wanted to use it on the street.
I just had my Z06 shipped back to Next Level Performance in Florida to have a Warhawk engine build and turn up the boost on my 2008 Z06 APS TT, going for 1100 RWHP or more, I am at 900 RWHP now with an AMS 1000 Boost controller. While I was down there they told me they had purchased the remaining APS C6 and Z06 TT kits from APS and I saw they had about 25 boxes stacked on their shelves. Good Luck.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by J BROWN
I just had my Z06 shipped back to Next Level Performance in Florida to have a Warhawk engine build and turn up the boost on my 2008 Z06 APS TT, going for 1100 RWHP or more, I am at 900 RWHP now with an AMS 1000 Boost controller. While I was down there they told me they had purchased the remaining APS C6 and Z06 TT kits from APS and I saw they had about 25 boxes stacked on their shelves. Good Luck.
That's not true from what I have been told/read.
Dallas Performance purchased the last APS kits a few months back and are available for in house installs only.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-installs.html
Old 06-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next Level Performance have both C6 and C6 Z06 APS kits on stock.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:04 PM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

Thanks for that guys, if I time it right I might grab a kit just so I have it if needed.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
J BROWN
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris
That's not true from what I have been told/read.
Dallas Performance purchased the last APS kits a few months back and are available for in house installs only.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-installs.html
Actually Dallas Performance bought a few of the APS kits left but Next Level bought the majority of their inventory as seen by the picture I took of all of the kits. Very impressive shop and inventory of APS TT kits.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Actually Dallas Performance bought a few of the APS kits left but Next Level bought the majority of their inventory as seen by the picture I took of all of the kits. Very impressive shop and inventory of APS TT kits.

Damn that is a LOT of cash in inventory!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Sounds like NLP either bought these before we did or bought the C6 Z06 kits from another vendor not APS. We in fact bought all of the remaining stock that APS directly had on the shelfs back at the start of the year. I can assure you what you have pictured was not purchased after we bought the last stock from APS

There is still quite a few of the non Z06 kits floating around but I had no interest in that system.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 PM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

Taylor, can you drop me a PM with an indicative price for the APS Z06 kit please.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:08 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Taylor, can you drop me a PM with an indicative price for the APS Z06 kit please.
Sent
Old 06-23-2011, 05:31 PM
atomicC6
Racer

That's alot of kits!!!!! Is it me or has anyone else wondered if APS is not building kits for vette anymore why do they still sponsor this site and why is the vette still on their website as if they are still in production?? Maybe this has been answered and I missed it. I still can't understand why they stopped making the z06 kit after they pretty much perfected it with those bada$$ inlets.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 PM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

I spoke to the guys in Australia ( APS themselves ), and they stopped the kits for the US market when the economy bombed.
They still have the kit on the site, for those who need spare parts, but thats about it.

Ideally, they might have enough spare parts to warrant them selling a complete parts kit?
I guess if there was enough interest, and confirmed payers they might also make some more.

The guys at Dallas now have one kit left after me posting about it, and maybe thats gone too, so its down to whats left at NLP I assume.
Id love a kit; there's a few things I would change about it to make it just right.....just awesome.

Last edited by SteveRiellyNZ; 06-27-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

All I can say is...do it if you're thinking about it. I don't know about NLP, but Dallas Performance did a great job on my install.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 PM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

Very nice car, exactly what I plan on getting and building when I'm there later this year.
If your keen on selling let me know, I might in the market for a xmas present for myself
Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 AM
99MALLETT396
Racer

Why don't you go with TTiX setup? Just another option out there.

Get notified of new replies

To APS Twin Turbo on GS or Z06?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 AM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 99MALLETT396
Why don't you go with TTiX setup? Just another option out there.
Rumor going around locally here is that AMS is developing a turbo kit for the C6. They recently just hired some well known tuners (for corvettes) and are now branching out from imports to vettes. They are probably the biggest EvoX, STI, GTR tuner in the nation.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
J BROWN
Heel & Toe

I spoke to the guys in Australia ( APS themselves ), and they stopped the kits for the US market when the economy bombed.
They still have the kit on the site, for those who need spare parts, but thats about it.

Ideally, they might have enough spare parts to warrant them selling a complete parts kit?
I guess if there was enough interest, and confirmed payers they might also make some more.

The guys at Dallas now have one kit left after me posting about it, and maybe thats gone too, so its down to whats left at NLP I assume.
Id love a kit; there's a few things I would change about it to make it just right.....just awesome.

I know what you mean by changing some things in the kit, I was having issues with it running hot in the summer months, then sent the car to NLP for their shrouding kit and extra cooling kit that they came up with for the APS Corvettes. No more issues with it running hot.

Tony Pittman, great looking car, and Dallas Performance did a great job on your install. How do you like the Akrapovic?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-30-2011, 09:57 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypittman
That's one sexy angle. Got more pictures of the car?

Friend runs the APS kit on his C5z. His car MOVES!

Quick Reply: APS Twin Turbo on GS or Z06?