C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LS7 roll racer 86 coupe,LME LSX 440,Twin billet 71's and a t56 magnum

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Z06 Tom
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is WOW! As for putting an LS7 in a Ford, that's what makes it different. (I've been dreaming about putting an LS7 in a Cobra replica for years) Can't wait to see how she drives when you get her done. Take care and be safe...
Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 Tom
All I can say is WOW! As for putting an LS7 in a Ford, that's what makes it different. (I've been dreaming about putting an LS7 in a Cobra replica for years) Can't wait to see how she drives when you get her done. Take care and be safe...
Just finishing up an ls6 cobra. Tons of fun.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:14 PM
ChanceG
2nd Gear

I registered just to keep a following with this thread! This one of those builds that really gets me going. Awesome build and the welding work is pure f-in ****. Top notch set-up

Chance
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
lowlowe
Instructor

SICK!!!!! I have always loved the notch, but to put an LS7 in is awesome! Excellent work! Would love to see this ride and the work once done... I have an extra space in my area at SEMA, let me know when you are done!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:21 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

http://autoholics.com/2011/07/15/LS7...&utm_term=img2
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 PM
BornSUPERCHARGED
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6.0Lcoupe
If you were cruised up on a car that looked like this

tell me you wouldnt think in your mind!! I would pound that guy!!!
No I wouldn't even bother. I wouldn't feel good about beating a clunker and I wouldn't feel good about losing to a clunker, so either way I wouldn't end up feeling good - plus street racing is illegal and all

Originally Posted by 4MuscleMachines
Nice car, I like what your are doing to it, but it really belongs in the "other cars" subforum.
+1

Originally Posted by RedLs3
Awesome work.... Only problem is its a ford in a vette forum so id have to say i wasted a click except for the monster chevy engine?

Why did you spend all this time and money on a shatbox?? You could of bought a cheap c5 vette and modded it.

Or are you going for the ultimate sleeper?
That's all that went through my head the whole time as well. Of course its not my money, but I wouldn't dump dough into a 25yr old car just to roll race people.. That's literally its only purpose - go fast straight. Obviously I'm not that rich yet At the end of the day its still an old mustang that isn't attractive IMO at all. But again as the OP said, he didnt want a car he had to worry about scratches on - well played because everyone will think it's a rusting away beater
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

I heard this bench racer was getting parted out... any truth to the claim??? there sure was a lot of bench racing going on about this build, I hope it's still in the works, to back up all the claims on the interwebz.....
Old 07-22-2011, 06:57 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd think about upgrading the 6pt bar to a 10pt cage and have the upper torque boxes attatched to the main hoop with kicker bars. Really makes for a nice stiff consistant chassis.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 AM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
I heard this bench racer was getting parted out... any truth to the claim???
Seems to be that way with the some of the parts going to another centex car.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:34 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Pretty sure its true. I read on another site a guy was buying the turbo kit.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
I heard this bench racer was getting parted out... any truth to the claim??? there sure was a lot of bench racing going on about this build, I hope it's still in the works, to back up all the claims on the interwebz.....

Yep the car is getting parted out!! This guy LOL!!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:00 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm guessing the OP underestimated the mega bank it takes to completely fab an entire car and one off twin turbo, built LSx. These builds take months, if not years, to complete. Imagine paying some fabricator over this time period, plus parts. Yikes.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot
I'm guessing the OP underestimated the mega bank it takes to completely fab an entire car and one off twin turbo, built LSx. These builds take months, if not years, to complete. Imagine paying some fabricator over this time period, plus parts. Yikes.
Was not a money issue. I paid cash for everything done to the car. No credit cards or loans. Quality work takes time. I have been racing and building cars for 18 years now. I feel its time to move on too something new and exciting.

I picked up a Hayabusa a few months back and started playing with it at the track. I havent cared about ET in 12 years. Its like being 16 years old again. Its new,challenging,exicting and in all honestly just alot more fun then cars. For a 1/4 of the cost I can go as fast without all the worry of problems. Took all the car drive away. Just a different kind of fun

Our street scene as dropped down to just a handful of cars and the fast cars are now track bound. Seems stupid to have a 40K plus purpose build roll racer to just sit in a parking lot with no runs or waiting for a once a year event. If I lived in Dallas or Houston where 1000whp cars are a dime a dozen then Im sure I would finish it.

Last edited by 6.0Lcoupe; 07-29-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:48 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I hate to see that you gave up on it when you were 80%+ completed................. Man, what a neat project!

Reading the posts in this thread really reminded me how many tools are on this site. I'm so sorry you got that typical, "it's not a vette it don't belong here!! GIT ER DONE!!!" I swear to God we're not all this stupid!

I don't care what anyone says, if you're a true car guy, you're build was something awesome watch! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope you have fun (and be careful!!) on that 'busa!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:54 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 6.0Lcoupe
Was not a money issue. I paid cash for everything done to the car. No credit cards or loans. Quality work takes time. I have been racing and building cars for 18 years now. I feel its time to move on too something new and exciting.

I picked up a Hayabusa a few months back and started playing with it at the track. I havent cared about ET in 12 years. Its like being 16 years old again. Its new,challenging,exicting and in all honestly just alot more fun then cars. For a 1/4 of the cost I can go as fast without all the worry of problems. Took all the car drive away. Just a different kind of fun

Our street scene as dropped down to just a handful of cars and the fast cars are now track bound. Seems stupid to have a 40K plus purpose build roll racer to just sit in a parking lot with no runs or waiting for a once a year event. If I lived in Dallas or Houston where 1000whp cars are a dime a dozen then Im sure I would finish it.
Mark my words, it is inevitable that one of those 1000+rwhp vehicles will wreck and kill some people. I know some of the fastest players at these roll race events, and 200 mph on I10 in traffic will lead to a disaster, and if the driver survives, he'll spend the rest of his life in prison if anyone is killed.

It sounds like you made the right decision, even if it was for other reasons.

I liked your build, though it'd be alot quicker with a stalled auto. At a track, of course.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Mark my words, it is inevitable that one of those 1000+rwhp vehicles will wreck and kill some people. I know some of the fastest players at these roll race events, and 200 mph on I10 in traffic will lead to a disaster, and if the driver survives, he'll spend the rest of his life in prison if anyone is killed.

It sounds like you made the right decision, even if it was for other reasons.

I liked your build, though it'd be alot quicker with a stalled auto. At a track, of course.
So YOU know people who have done this first person or just parroting??
Old 08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZO6er
So YOU know people who have done this first person or just parroting??
I wouldn't say it if I didn't know the players. It's a fact.

Get notified of new replies

To My LS7 roll racer 86 coupe,LME LSX 440,Twin billet 71's and a t56 magnum

Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't say it if I didn't know the players. It's a fact.
Oh since you said it's a fact, then I'm sorry I ever questioned. Still didn't answer if this is "first hand" experience. Or repeating what others have told you. Maybe I've seen you at one of our outings and never had the privilege of meeting the Pilot.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZO6er
Oh since you said it's a fact, then I'm sorry I ever questioned. Still didn't answer if this is "first hand" experience. Or repeating what others have told you. Maybe I've seen you at one of our outings and never had the privilege of meeting the Pilot.
So, I have to ride in the car to know this? How about a video. This genius hit 219 mph.:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a8c_1...833&comments=1

Watch how he passes some traffic. Phoenix, AZ.

You claim to be at "one of our outings", but you then claim ignorance of it happening.

Ah, you're right, it's all an urban legend and you're there to watch the people with fast cars go on a cruise.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 PM
adam205348
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I have to ride in the car to know this? How about a video. This genius hit 219 mph.:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a8c_1...833&comments=1

Watch how he passes some traffic. Phoenix, AZ.

You claim to be at "one of our outings", but you then claim ignorance of it happening.

Ah, you're right, it's all an urban legend and you're there to watch the people with fast cars go on a cruise.
So you happen to know someone 1000 miles away from you that owns a seemingly stock Murci based on how long it took him to get to those speeds? This guy would only be a spectator in Mexico as when you have real power it does not take you 2+ miles to go from 60-220. Which makes what he did much more dangerous than what Z06er is referring to since getting up to those speeds much quicker alleviates some of the risk by being able to get slowed back down quicker as well.

So as he said unless you are actually out there in the middle of it then you really have no clue, just because you have a seen a few videos and can put the screennames to them doesnt mean you actually know anyone.

Quick Reply: My LS7 roll racer 86 coupe,LME LSX 440,Twin billet 71's and a t56 magnum