C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force Supercharger on 2010 GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:18 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine from West Cost Corvettes for around 7K.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbob
I've owned 4 blowers. TVS which is Eforce, Kenne Bell, Eaton, and Procharger (centri).. They all have heat soak. I'm "addicted to drag racing" I still choose the Eforce. I haven't installed it yet. Will be on in about 2 weeks or so.. It was a hard choice as I really wanted to go with AA.. The reason I chose the Eforce is that out of all the blowers that TVS just flat out owns low end torque over all of the above. When I upgraded from my TVS to a KB 3.6 liquid cooled I gained ton of horse power but lost that low end torque. I truly noticed it bigtime on the strip. I missed it so much thats why I chose to go back to TVS. Look at all of the dyno sheets and compare. It's a fact the low end torque is MUCH better. As far as heat soak.. Yep there will be that problem. However, anyone who hotlaps is not very wise period. Most experienced drag racers give their cars ample cool down time. The bracket circuits usually give each bracket enough time for cool downs. It would be nice if someone developed a good killer chiller set up. Maybe some dual fan beefy heat exchangers as well. i will post my dyno results asap. I will also be posting time slips in April when our season begins.
Keep your eyes on the reputable shops that are doing E-Force installs. RPM mentioned a new larger heat exchanger and larger reservoir a week or so ago and Chuck at COW also has something working. There is also a Meziere coolant pump that has about 4x the flow of the Bosch unit.

If you want to cool the car between rounds the car would greatly benefit from having a manual switch for the radiator fan and for the supercharger pump to circulate coolant. Just shutting the car down actually heat soaks the supercharger head unit because it absorbs the heat from the motor. That head unit will stay hot for hours after it shuts down otherwise. Another suggestion, it is a very simple mod to get a cold air intake setup with the E-Force. All you need is a box knife to trim the radiator shroud/baffle and a Halltech Beehive.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:08 PM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
Keep your eyes on the reputable shops that are doing E-Force installs. RPM mentioned a new larger heat exchanger and larger reservoir a week or so ago and Chuck at COW also has something working. There is also a Meziere coolant pump that has about 4x the flow of the Bosch unit.

If you want to cool the car between rounds the car would greatly benefit from having a manual switch for the radiator fan and for the supercharger pump to circulate coolant. Just shutting the car down actually heat soaks the supercharger head unit because it absorbs the heat from the motor. That head unit will stay hot for hours after it shuts down otherwise. Another suggestion, it is a very simple mod to get a cold air intake setup with the E-Force. All you need is a box knife to trim the radiator shroud/baffle and a Halltech Beehive.
Thanks for the info.. I hope RPM, and COW make some product announcements when they have something to help us cool off..
Old 02-25-2012, 02:01 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Click HERE for the ANSWER to your question.

Originally Posted by captainbob
Thanks for the info.. I hope RPM, and COW make some product announcements when they have something to help us cool off..
Click HERE for the ANSWER to your question.

We've got a DUAL INTERCOOLER and PUMP for the E-FORCE.

Works GREAT!

Chuck CoW
Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,476 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I understand that S/C cars heat-soak quite fast at the drag strip since you don't get to drive a bit to cool it down after the run, etc., but what about the road course? Does the original 599HP tune have good characteristics at the track?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Blauenstein
Intermediate

Default Edelbrock Supercharger....would you install it again

Hey Hutch
The car looks great. I got a cyber grey 2011 Grand Sport and am about to decide to install the same charger. What has your experience been? A friend of mine runs to the shop several times a month to clear error codes. Thanks for your input.
regards,
Peter

Originally Posted by Hutch
After a lot of begging, pleading, and promises... not to mention a kitchen full of new stainless appliances... my wife, Patti, finally relented and we got an Edelbrock E-Force 599 Supercharger for our 2010 Grand Sport convertible.

Courtesy of my good friends at Corvette Masters and Burke Corvettes, both in Maitland (Orlando), Florida, it's now a done deal! Corvette Masters did the install and Burke Corvettes painted the fuel rail covers to give it just a bit of color under the hood.

I'm very pleased about the performance and Patti is thrilled (thank Goodness!) with the excellent drivability of the car. Honestly, with the hood closed you can barely hear the supercharger (if at all) and normal driving around town is unchanged. Maybe just a bit louder exhaust but what's wrong with that? When you put your foot into it, the power comes on extremely smooth right from idle all the way up to redline.

Stock RWHP was 379. With the Supercharger, RWHP jumped to just over 500 (about 600 at the flywheel). Torque is up to 469 with the blower.

Yes, yes, you can buy less expensive supercharger units that produce more power, especially with custom tuning. My tuning here just uses the included hand-held tuner that comes with the unit. But for those wanting a no-muss, no-fuss unit that runs and looks factory, the E-Force seems to be a good choice.

Like they say, "It's FUN Being Blown!"

Old 03-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Blauenstein
Hey Hutch
The car looks great. I got a cyber grey 2011 Grand Sport and am about to decide to install the same charger. What has your experience been? A friend of mine runs to the shop several times a month to clear error codes. Thanks for your input.
regards,
Peter
What can I say? After all this time I am still very pleased with the E-Force. I have had NO error codes and no issues whatsoever. I'm really surprised it doesn't overheat as it fits very close under the stock hood but engine temps remained normal even during brutal Central Florida summer weather. The handheld tuner they provide is fine but a little tweaking via a custom tune will give you a bit more responsiveness and overall power... mine is nearly 530 RWHP (call it 622 at the flywheel) and perfectly stock-like manners on the street. Headers, cam, heads could easily get you 100+HP more if you are so inclined but the basic system works well for me. Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Blauenstein
Intermediate

Thanks for the quick reply.
The comments I got so far are mixed. I got to sleep on it and then make a decision. Have a great summer

Originally Posted by Hutch
What can I say? After all this time I am still very pleased with the E-Force. I have had NO error codes and no issues whatsoever. I'm really surprised it doesn't overheat as it fits very close under the stock hood but engine temps remained normal even during brutal Central Florida summer weather. The handheld tuner they provide is fine but a little tweaking via a custom tune will give you a bit more responsiveness and overall power... mine is nearly 530 RWHP (call it 622 at the flywheel) and perfectly stock-like manners on the street. Headers, cam, heads could easily get you 100+HP more if you are so inclined but the basic system works well for me. Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Blauenstein
Thanks for the quick reply.
The comments I got so far are mixed. I got to sleep on it and then make a decision. Have a great summer
I just installed the 599hp.. I've been driving it for 10 days with zero peroblems. Sweet set up. I'm a big track guy. I will post results as soon on April 8th as thats our opening track day for me. I have been watching the IAT's /temps and so far so good on the street, and an occasional romp when ever I can. I may go with the COW cooler if I heat soak bad. Also, will probably add some headrs, and cam.. Will post track result asap. I have had 3 blowers.. I like anything TVS does, huge difference in low end torque.. Over centri's.
Here's my last PD blower 780 rwhp on my Shelby GT500 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1zvOfC9X_k
10 second 1/4 mile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9lomLf-1oA

Last edited by captainbob; 03-29-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Quick Reply: E-Force Supercharger on 2010 GS