C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force Supercharger on 2010 GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
You do realize there is a member on this forum who has been running one now for months on his 2011 Grand Sport right? His results were "mixed at best".
With what blower? Thats going to make a difference. And as there is no application specific unit available for this, there are ALOT of variables when it comes to the heat exchanger he is using. Results im getting so far are not mixed at all, it does what its been doing for years on the mustangs. Lowers IAT's and quite well. The chiller mixed with spraying a 50/50 mix of water/meth in the lower intake is working quite well.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
With what blower? Thats going to make a difference. And as there is no application specific unit available for this, there are ALOT of variables when it comes to the heat exchanger he is using. Results im getting so far are not mixed at all, it does what its been doing for years on the mustangs. Lowers IAT's and quite well. The chiller mixed with spraying a 50/50 mix of water/meth in the lower intake is working quite well.
This guy was their guinea pig for the C6 kit...his was up and running back in January. To my knowledge he never came back to the forum with any empirical data to support the improvement.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...iat-temps.html
Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Interesting... Because when I contacted Kincaid performance (manufacturers of the killer chiller) about this almost two months ago they specifically said they had no system in the works or in development for the C6 but they could custom build one for me if I supplied them with the A/C schematics. Thats when I took it into my own hands. So that leads me to believe that his system came from somewhere else? Dont know enough about his dealings to comment, only what I was told by them directly.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Interesting... Because when I contacted Kincaid performance (manufacturers of the killer chiller) about this almost two months ago they specifically said they had no system in the works or in development for the C6 but they could custom build one for me if I supplied them with the A/C schematics. Thats when I took it into my own hands. So that leads me to believe that his system came from somewhere else? Dont know enough about his dealings to comment, only what I was told by them directly.
Just googled Kincaid..they are in New Mexico. I talked with the guy who did the C6 in that thread (he wanted me to be guinea pig #2) and he's down somewhere near Tampa..different guy...same Rube Goldberg idea.

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 05-23-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks like the C6 one was the "Super Chiller"...not the "Killer Chiller"

Link to a Camaro install with photos... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...killer+chiller
Old 05-23-2011, 09:17 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Just googled Kincaid..they are in New Mexico. I talked with the guy who did the C6 in that thread (he wanted me to be guinea pig #2) and he's down somewhere near Tampa..different guy...some Rube Goldberg idea.
Guess that solves that..... So it wasnt even Kincaid that was involved.. That could be why the results were mixed, system wasnt built correctly for all we know. Its tough to say. From what ive seen so far though, it works very well. Im hoping that after I present my findings to Kincaid they will bring a C6 version to production. I really feel that for the money they would have a strong market here.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Looks like the C6 one was the "Super Chiller"...not the "Killer Chiller"

Link to a Camaro install with photos... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...killer+chiller
That heat exchanger is VERY small... That explains part of the problem.....
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Like I said earlier...prove it out for us.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Like I said earlier...prove it out for us.
Im hoping to. I'll keep in touch with ya regarding it.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Default Thanks again Hutch!!

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just had the car dyno tuned and picked up a bit more oomph over the off-the-shelf tune that comes with the supercharger, plus the car feels a bit "snappier" in the mid-range, probably a result of more torque.

529.75 RWHP
496.32 FT-LBS TQ

Again, you can get more power with other systems out there if that is your goal but I'm very pleased with my car's performance and excellent street manners. Hey, it works for me!

Yea, I was REALLY impressed, I got to experience it first hand. I drove my stock 2011 GS from Daytona to Orlando (about an hour), romped it a few times to be sure I knew the "feel", then got into Hutch's ride with him. A VERY noticable difference in the seat of the pants acceleration, when he romped it.

And, literally NO noticable difference in sound, driveability, handling manners, etc. AND, the engine oil and water temps were similar to mine, and it was close to a 100 degree day for the ride. No noticable heat soak or loss of power. Again, on the street and not flat out, but that is what 99% of my driving would be too.

I'm very glad I took the opportunity to meet Hutch and take him up on a ride offer. And I have a lot of respect for this SC setup now too.

Thanks again Hutch!

Ron

Last edited by Seadawg; 07-07-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

It was MY pleasure to show off the car to you, Ron.

And thanks for the goodies, too!

All the best!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
nmalik3000
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Very cool!

Originally Posted by Seadawg
Yea, I was REALLY impressed, I got to experience it first hand. I drove my stock 2011 GS from Daytona to Orlando (about an hour), romped it a few times to be sure I knew the "feel", then got into Hutch's ride with him. A VERY noticable difference in the seat of the pants acceleration, when he romped it.

And, literally NO noticable difference in sound, driveability, handling manners, etc. AND, the engine oil and water temps were similar to mine, and it was close to a 100 degree day for the ride. No noticable heat soak or loss of power. Again, on the street and not flat out, but that is what 99% of my driving would be too.

I'm very glad I took the opportunity to meet Hutch and take him up on a ride offer. And I have a lot of respect for this SC setup now too.

Thanks again Hutch!

Ron
Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Seadawg

Thanks again Hutch!

Ron
YEP! I've been living it for 15 months now!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:38 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
Who painted your fuel rail covers and how much did it cost? Just put an Edelbrock SC on my 2010 Grand Sport and would love to have the look like yours. Cheers, Brian
Old 01-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 757missy
Steve,
Who painted your fuel rail covers and how much did it cost? Just put an Edelbrock SC on my 2010 Grand Sport and would love to have the look like yours. Cheers, Brian
I'm not Steve, but if you meant this for me, my fuel rail covers were painted by Burke Corvettes in Orlando, Florida. It wasn't cheap but the quality in their work always shows and that's worth it to me.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:03 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Hutch!

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force Supercharger on 2010 GS

Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Here is another idea...

Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 PM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
Default The reason I chose Eforce..

Do you plan to track and/or drag race your car regularly? If the answer is no, then you won't have an issue with heat soak and the Edelbrock supercharger. If you track your car regularly then IMHO you don't want a supercharger at all....of any type. If you are addicted to drag racing, buy a centri.

If you want to talk more about temperatures and the Edelbrock supercharger, I've been running one for over a year now. I'm assuming you are asking because someone has put the myth in your ear about PD blowers and heat soak?

ALL cars (modified or not, carb’d or fuel injected, normally aspirated or forced induction) experience some form of heat soak. The most common form of heat soak occurs when you shut down the car on a hot day. In the absence of active cooling (water circulating and air flowing) the entire mass under the hood will try to come to a common temperature. Because the engine is the largest mass, everything else attached will tend to migrate to the temp of the engine…typically around 200 degrees. As soon as you start the car again and begin rolling down the road you have water circulating and air flowing across the coolers…heat soak goes away. On supercharged cars, the most common and misused form of the term is when you put the car into a state that it can’t quickly recover from the heat soak….typically this occurs with repeated full throttle pulls on a dyno with inadequate airflow (lousy fan) or when drag racing with back-to-back hot laps on a hot summer night. So what’s the result when this happens?...the car senses the high temps, reduces timing to keep from damaging the engine and you lose horsepower (temporarily) as a result. Sustained high speed driving on a track while in boost on a hot day can also get you into heat soak mode. What happens with the dreaded heat soak mode?...once again, the car senses the high temps, reduces timing and horsepower falls off until your cooling system recovers.

So if you plan to spend all of your time driving on the dyno in the summer, street racing in Mexico, hot lapping at the local drag strip or competing at Sebring you probably should worry about heat soak… with a supercharged or any car for that matter.

For the rest of us….it really is a non-issue. I’m willing to bet a beer that the heat soak phenomena is/would be transparent to 90% of the members on this forum.

P.S. I also live in Florida and it gets hot here!
I've owned 4 blowers. TVS which is Eforce, Kenne Bell, Eaton, and Procharger (centri).. They all have heat soak. I'm "addicted to drag racing" I still choose the Eforce. I haven't installed it yet. Will be on in about 2 weeks or so.. It was a hard choice as I really wanted to go with AA.. The reason I chose the Eforce is that out of all the blowers that TVS just flat out owns low end torque over all of the above. When I upgraded from my TVS to a KB 3.6 liquid cooled I gained ton of horse power but lost that low end torque. I truly noticed it bigtime on the strip. I missed it so much thats why I chose to go back to TVS. Look at all of the dyno sheets and compare. It's a fact the low end torque is MUCH better. As far as heat soak.. Yep there will be that problem. However, anyone who hotlaps is not very wise period. Most experienced drag racers give their cars ample cool down time. The bracket circuits usually give each bracket enough time for cool downs. It would be nice if someone developed a good killer chiller set up. Maybe some dual fan beefy heat exchangers as well. i will post my dyno results asap. I will also be posting time slips in April when our season begins.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Frankko
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Orlando

Thanks for posting your experience with the shops in Orlando.
It seems they do excellent work! Awesome.

I am planning an e-force installation before I return home from Afghanistan in December.

Orlando is not to far from Miami and gives me another option besides a recommended shop in the Miami area.

I am planning to give them a call and or e—mail.

I have gotten quotes for the unit itself but nothing with the installation.

Thanks

Frank

Quick Reply: E-Force Supercharger on 2010 GS