C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally going boosted ls3+D1sc

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
I left the cam choice to my tuner/Installer Sam...

It's a Dallas Performance D1-X Cam. I am not 100% sure on the specs.
Comp 921 springs from my previous cam install.
You actually have our D5 version... Same cam I made 811rwhp on with an otherwise stock LS3 and 12psi
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
TrenAman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not touching the fuel system at all. for 700-750 rwhp you dont really need to with the ID850s.

As for the bap. for every 1 car that blowes up with the bap.. 50 are running 100% fine.. I know more cars that popped from a replacement fuel pump failure then the BAP failing. When the time comes and i do a fuel system, it will be an all out system.. The setup wasnt cheap.. but I really got it done for not a whole lot.

BTW.. if im not mistaken silver08z51 ran a BAP on stock fuel pump when he had his D1sc setup.... He can obviously correct me on this.

Did he not also blow his engine? But I hear you, it is a roll of the dice anyway you slice it. Let us know your final #'s and your impressions about you new found power!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TrenAman
Did he not also blow his engine? But I hear you, it is a roll of the dice anyway you slice it. Let us know your final #'s and your impressions about you new found power!
Jays issue had nothing to do with his BAP failing. Most people who who pop their motors with the bap, its not actually the bap that fails.. but something else..

If i push 22# and pop the motor.. it's easy to say " ZOMG THE BAP BLEW MY MOTOR cos it couldnt keep up"

at my power level i dont need a $2500 fuel system, and with what this whole setup is costing me start to finish installed.. that would GREATLY increase my total investment.. It wasnt cheap.. but it was far from a " baller expensive" setup..
Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
You actually have our D5 version... Same cam I made 811rwhp on with an otherwise stock LS3 and 12psi
oh nice.. i thought it was the D1X.. whats the difference?

sam told me about that.. im pretty sure im not going to crank it up that high.. dont have the fuel to keep up with that kinda power demand

Thanks for all the great parts again!

What kinda fuel system did the 811 rwhp camaro have? F1A right?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor

not touching the fuel system at all. for 700-750 rwhp you dont really need to with the ID850s.

BTW.. if im not mistaken silver08z51 ran a BAP on stock fuel pump when he had his D1sc setup.... He can obviously correct me on this.

The ID850's have nothing to do with your fuel supply (fuel pump). Your ID850's are will have better drivability if used with the excellent data avilable from Injector Dynamics but other wise it is no different than a standard 80# injector in terms of fuel delivery at WOT. Just for reference: 850cc = 80.88#

There is very good reason for running a proper fuel system as suggested. However very few Corvette guys step up at your anticipated power level since it is tolerable. The methanol system is the only way I feel good about saying that. But if you don't have the tune scaled correctly and the meth fails you will loose the motor because you will not have enough base fuel to support the power (just in general with this sort of combo).

You are right we had his setup the same way as yours. BAP, 80's and methanol. It is not the ideal way by any means if I had a blank checkbook to work with but it is a great combo for the money.

Last edited by Taylor@DallasPerformance; 02-14-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Former Vendor

oh nice.. i thought it was the D1X.. whats the difference?

sam told me about that.. im pretty sure im not going to crank it up that high.. dont have the fuel to keep up with that kinda power demand

Thanks for all the great parts again!

What kinda fuel system did the 811 rwhp camaro have? F1A right?

We have made 5 or 6 small changes to that cam to get what we wanted out of it. The D1 was the first version.

Larger pump and BAP, modified rails and methanol. F1A with 5.00" pulley and stock balancer. Basically the same blower as a D1SC but with the more aggressive transmission step up ratio in the blower to run larger pulley at same impeller speed.

I guess I should make a thread about it.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:23 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

The ID850's have nothing to do with your fuel supply (fuel pump). Your ID850's are will have better drivability if used with the excellent data avilable from Injector Dynamics but other wise it is no different than a standard 80# injector in terms of fuel delivery at WOT. Just for reference: 850cc = 80.88#
what i meant was. 80# injectors with my fuel setup has been proven.
There is very good reason for running a proper fuel system as suggested. However very few Corvettes guys step up at your anticipated power level since it is tolerable. The methanol system is the only way I feel good about saying that. If you don't have the tune scaled correctly and the meth fails you will loose the motor because you will not have enough base fuel to support the power.
yup, I agree 100%. eventually i will do a fuel system.. but next is a Mcleod RXT

You are right we had his setup the same way as yours. BAP, 80's and methanol. It is not the ideal way by any means if I had a blank checkbook to work with but it is a great combo for the money.
I know i will be running alot less boost then jay

That being said, if i had a blank check, i wouldnt be doing a D1, i would be doing a Built 434 with a f2 or some nastey twins..

The d1 will keep me happy in the C team till i can ford to forge the motor and do fuel. Even then im not looking for 1200 rwhp, Because then the drive train falls apart.. eventually when the sun and the moon align, if the car in its final form makes 850-900 rwhp i will be happy.. for now 700-750 will be plenty zippy enough.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

We have made 5 or 6 small changes to that cam to get what we wanted out of it. The D1 was the first version.

Larger pump and BAP, modified rails and methanol. F1A with 5.00" pulley and stock balancer. Basically the same blower as a D1SC but with the more aggressive transmission step up ratio in the blower to run larger pulley at same impeller speed.

I guess I should make a thread about it.
If one there wasnt an exuberant amount of labour involve in dropping in different pumps into the c6 tanks, i would consider doing a fuel system now, but just not in the budget, even with the killer prices that DP provides..
Old 02-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor

yup, I agree 100%. eventually i will do a fuel system.. but next is a Mcleod RXT
Got one with your name on it when you are ready
I know i will be running alot less boost then jay
Yeah I wish he did one of our blower cams so he didn't have to run that much boost to make the power. Ohh well he is bigger and more powerful now!
for now 700-750 will be plenty zippy enough.
That is a REALLY fun power level. You will love it.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Got one with your name on it when you are ready

Yeah I wish he did one of our blower cams so he didn't have to run that much boost to make the power. Ohh well he is bigger and more powerful now!

That is a REALLY fun power level. You will love it.
once the car is done, and i can drive it around abit, i will come get the clutch. I want to replace it rather then wait for it to go out.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:46 AM
ZO6er
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see the progress of your ride.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

I was originally going to have the mesh in the front nose of the car removed because it was silver and stood out WAY to much, but after seeing several FMICS ( and the one i had on my supra) beat to death from rocks hitting it, i decided to leave my mesh grill and have my installer Sam paint it black. So it will keep larger rocks out of the fmic.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Flash20
Pro

racecarz
Old 02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Flash20
racecarz
maybe by Houston standards..

D team by DFW standards
Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 PM
STROKD
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe by Houston standards..

D team by DFW standards
Thought u were c team? There atent that many fast cafs around to call urs d team unless everyone faster is on their own team.

Looks good, can't wait to see it done.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:03 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by STROKD
Looks good, can't wait to see it done.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Added a new pic of the trick windshield washer fluid relocation so i can still use my windshield washer fluid.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally going boosted ls3+D1sc

Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Flash20
Pro

looking goood!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
froman
Racer

nice, i like the meth tank in front. Why not go with a aeromotive stealth pump for now? its like 160 bucks! I'm tryin to figure out if i can use it on my 00 tank.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:41 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by froman
nice, i like the meth tank in front. Why not go with a aeromotive stealth pump for now? its like 160 bucks! I'm tryin to figure out if i can use it on my 00 tank.
Thats not the meth tank in front thats my windshield washer res.

the old windshield washer res is my meth tank.

not going to drop the gas tank. its easy mode on your c5.. but WORLDS more complicated on an 08.. Stock fuel for now.

Quick Reply: Finally going boosted ls3+D1sc