C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asking all you HP shops? A.P.S engine question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Asking all you HP shops? A.P.S engine question.

Have the 2008 ZO6 putting the A.P.S turbo's on it. Motor is stock. I've herd of them droping valves/ valve springs. If I keep the boost down to ? LBS presure what if anything do I need to do or should do to the engine? I'm not forgeing it going to build another motor for that in future. Just need to know if it would be wise to up grade anything minor on the motor for now to run the turbo's and what hp to expect to shoot for?

Does anyone know how much weight this will add to my car?

What would be the first thing or most efective to help reduce the weight gain I have a carbon hood? Would like to get it back to stock weight.

Thanks,
Old 12-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Two things come to mind to reduce weight. Lighter after market exhaust and forged aluminum wheels.

Rotational weight makes a big difference. I know this from first hand experience.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:44 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 427silverhotrod
Have the 2008 ZO6 putting the A.P.S turbo's on it. Motor is stock. I've herd of them droping valves/ valve springs. If I keep the boost down to ? LBS presure what if anything do I need to do or should do to the engine? I'm not forgeing it going to build another motor for that in future. Just need to know if it would be wise to up grade anything minor on the motor for now to run the turbo's and what hp to expect to shoot for?

Does anyone know how much weight this will add to my car?

What would be the first thing or most efective to help reduce the weight gain I have a carbon hood? Would like to get it back to stock weight.

Thanks,
Exhaust valve concern is there with the added heat from the turbos. Would not be a bad idea to put SS exhaust valves in it. Stock springs are fine but there are better options for not a lot of money.

Stock pistons are the next weak link...
Old 12-04-2010, 06:02 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Taylor, do you have a up grade for the air intake and could you tune it for me? I'm looking local first but??? need it done right
Old 12-04-2010, 06:03 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
Exhaust valve concern is there with the added heat from the turbos. Would not be a bad idea to put SS exhaust valves in it. Stock springs are fine but there are better options for not a lot of money.

What valves are in it stock?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:30 PM
atomicC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taylor, do you have a up grade for the air intake and could you tune it for me? I'm looking local first but??? need it done right
There is no need to upgrade the inlets if you have the APS c6z06 kit. The inlets on the regular c6 kit is the bad inlets.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:46 AM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Originally Posted by atomicC6
There is no need to upgrade the inlets if you have the APS c6z06 kit. The inlets on the regular c6 kit is the bad inlets.
I thought they might have bigger air filters the filter seams small? And Yes its a C6ZO6 APS kit.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:10 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Ive made over 1000 twice on stock inlets. There are issues around the 1075ish mark with the inlets, but thats near the max of the turbos and a lot of boost.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance

Couldnt agree more. Deff do the exh valves. Cant hurt to do springs since half of them will be off anyway for the valves. Keep the AFR rich to save the pistons.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:30 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As already mentioned, the inlets on the C6Z kit are excellent. The standard C6 kit is another story...

Would be happy to tune it for you, just say when

Get notified of new replies

To Asking all you HP shops? A.P.S engine question.

Quick Reply: Asking all you HP shops? A.P.S engine question.