C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting my E-Force installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

From 332 RWHP / 330 RWTQ to 565 RWHP / 496 RWTQ thru an A6...not a bad "bump" +233 RWHP + 136 RWTQ

Can you post the dyno sheet?...especially if he can do a before/after overlay for you!

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 08-27-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,342 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
From 332 RWHP / 330 RWTQ to 565 RWHP / 496 RWTQ...not a bad "bump"
Amen.....OP is going to enjoy the extra power avialable anywhere in the power band he chooses to use it. ENJOY
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM
10mikeymike
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

From 332 RWHP / 330 RWTQ to 565 RWHP / 496 RWTQ...not a bad "bump" +233 RWHP + 136 RWTQ

Can you post the dyno sheet?...especially if he can do a before/after overlay for you!
Below are the dyno results. The results may be a little more legible on the printed info. at the bottom of page 2.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:48 PM
10mikeymike
Pro

Default Last Minute Update

I just got a call from the shop and was told they're experiencing some "street tunability" issues. As a result, I won't be able to get the car back until Monday. Oh well, the weather is beautiful and I have my 37 to cruise in so I'll just make the best of it and look forward to Monday
Old 08-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Bushong572
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running a Magnuson M112/Cam/Headers on my '06 A6 for 3 1/2 years (very similar numbers 550 rwhp/520 rwtq). I think you will be very happy with your choice of a positive displacement blower. I've owned a centriugal car in the past, but wanted something different this time. I've never had so much fun with a car. The low end torque is incredible.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:59 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 10mikeymike
I just got a call from the shop and was told they're experiencing some "street tunability" issues. As a result, I won't be able to get the car back until Monday. Oh well, the weather is beautiful and I have my 37 to cruise in so I'll just make the best of it and look forward to Monday

Translation? I'm getting mine installed on Monday and street manners are a vital must for me.

Elmer
Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 PM
10mikeymike
Pro

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Translation? I'm getting mine installed on Monday and street manners are a vital must for me.

Elmer
I'm still trying to find out. I got a call from someone other than the person I've been dealing with. While I prefer to get it back "right" as opposed to taking it back, I wish I knew more about what the issue is. As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you know.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 PM
10mikeymike
Pro

Default Another Update

I just got a call from Dan Millen, the owner of Livernois Motorsports and the tuner. He said he had just finished tuning the trans. and had shut the car off. Upon attmepting to restart it he determined it wasn't getting fuel. He said both the fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump are getting voltage, but there's no fuel flow. They had installed a Z06 fuel pump as part of the mod's. so the plan is pull it out and see if that's the source of the problem. Since the car's an A6, that means they will have to drop the rear suspension to get at it. Now that I'm over my disappointment that I won't have it for the weekend, I'm glad it happened while they have it as opposed to a hundred miles away this coming Sunday.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Griffee
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dan Millen knows street manners......remembered this from back in the day.............DAN
Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 10mikeymike
I just got a call from Dan Millen, the owner of Livernois Motorsports and the tuner. He said he had just finished tuning the trans. and had shut the car off. Upon attmepting to restart it he determined it wasn't getting fuel. He said both the fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump are getting voltage, but there's no fuel flow. They had installed a Z06 fuel pump as part of the mod's. so the plan is pull it out and see if that's the source of the problem. Since the car's an A6, that means they will have to drop the rear suspension to get at it. Now that I'm over my disappointment that I won't have it for the weekend, I'm glad it happened while they have it as opposed to a hundred miles away this coming Sunday.
argh...that fuel pump swap is a royal PITA...much more so with an automatic transmission!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

OK, a pump is not a tune issue. Sorry for your problem but better where it is now than you tooling down the highway and it takes a crap. Sounds like a royal PITA for the auto. I think the M6 can have the tank out through the driver's side wheel well.

Buy a 6 pack and have a restful weekend!

Elmer
Old 08-28-2010, 01:21 AM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Hopefully it will be an easy fix!

The question that I am trying to figure out is back in May Redline Performance did an eforce with a non blower cam, headers, and the 599 kit with the 3.5 pulley making 7 psi, and they made 633rwhp, and I have yet to see anyone come close to that with the same setup. What am I missing? Obviously this is an auto LS2, but it does have LS3 heads so the difference in hp is very minimal from a stock LS3.

Has anyone else with an eforce made in the mid 600's?
Old 08-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vertC6

The question that I am trying to figure out is back in May Redline Performance did an eforce with a non blower cam, headers, and the 599 kit with the 3.5 pulley making 7 psi, and they made 633rwhp, and I have yet to see anyone come close to that with the same setup. What am I missing? Obviously this is an auto LS2, but it does have LS3 heads so the difference in hp is very minimal from a stock LS3.

Not that I am aware of but I have not seen anyone with a 650 goal from this kit either. At that number you are likely going to need more than the 52lb injectors that are part of the kit, you'll need to watch fuel pressure closely to see if the Z06 pump by itself well support that number, you'll want to plus up the fuel delivery/routing to the rails if you go with larger injectors and you will have to find better ways (larger heat exchanger) to dissipate the extra heat you are going to generate. Another consideration is if you go down to the 3.0 or 2.75" pulley I doubt the spring loaded belt tensioner is going to be adequate either. You need to put that goal of 650+ in perspective. You'll be asking the motor to deliver about 300 more HP than it does in stock form and you have to be willing to modify the Edelbrock kit to get there. And lets not forget the "breakage factor" that coming with overstressing the rest of the drivetrain.

IMHO 600rwhp is a decent goal without going overboard. If your goal is 650+, centris might be a less painful way to get there.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:27 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

What do you mean by "non blower cam"? Narrow LSA and some overlap?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:55 AM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by old motorhead
What do you mean by "non blower cam"? Narrow LSA and some overlap?
Just that he had a traditional N/A design cam and not a wide split heavy on the exhaust. The post was back in May under redline and they gave some details and the dyno sheet.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:14 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Not that I am aware of but I have not seen anyone with a 650 goal from this kit either. At that number you are likely going to need more than the 52lb injectors that are part of the kit, you'll need to watch fuel pressure closely to see if the Z06 pump by itself well support that number, you'll want to plus up the fuel delivery/routing to the rails if you go with larger injectors and you will have to find better ways (larger heat exchanger) to dissipate the extra heat you are going to generate. Another consideration is if you go down to the 3.0 or 2.75" pulley I doubt the spring loaded belt tensioner is going to be adequate either. You need to put that goal of 650+ in perspective. You'll be asking the motor to deliver about 300 more HP than it does in stock form and you have to be willing to modify the Edelbrock kit to get there. And lets not forget the "breakage factor" that coming with overstressing the rest of the drivetrain.

IMHO 600rwhp is a decent goal without going overboard. If your goal is 650+, centris might be a less painful way to get there.
Correct, I am going with the tuner kit with 60lbs injectors and will run dual intake pumps and a racetronics harness, however the stock lines will work fine. I have friends running over 700 on stock fuel rails and lines. I will probably start with the 3.25" pulley I belive it should be 8 - 8.5 psi. With the right cam and tune it should make 650. As we discussed, I am going to remove the H/E and go with a the closed system with the killer chiller. If I am able to keep the water temp at 50 - 70 degrees the car should never pull timing and I should get close to 650, but don't get me wrong I am not looking for posting a number I just want to find the right setup to maximize the power SAFELY! Thanks
Old 08-28-2010, 01:45 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Just that he had a traditional N/A design cam and not a wide split heavy on the exhaust. The post was back in May under redline and they gave some details and the dyno sheet.
You might be pleasanly surprised how well some cams that aren't traditional "blower cams" work with the TVS. As long as they don't have a huge amount of overlap, they generally work pretty well with a Roots blower. Something like Spinmonster's n/a cam might make a great Roots cam. Not what I would choose given a clean slate; but, if I were OK with its manners, and I had it already installed, I'd sure try it before I changed it. I'm sure it would lower the boost (and heat) and raise the power output.

Get notified of new replies

To Getting my E-Force installed

Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Correct, I am going with the tuner kit with 60lbs injectors and will run dual intake pumps and a racetronics harness, however the stock lines will work fine. I have friends running over 700 on stock fuel rails and lines. I will probably start with the 3.25" pulley I belive it should be 8 - 8.5 psi. With the right cam and tune it should make 650. As we discussed, I am going to remove the H/E and go with a the closed system with the killer chiller. If I am able to keep the water temp at 50 - 70 degrees the car should never pull timing and I should get close to 650, but don't get me wrong I am not looking for posting a number I just want to find the right setup to maximize the power SAFELY! Thanks
Well....get to work!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:43 AM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Any updates?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Mike started a new thread