C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Twin 72mm Top/Mid Mount TT spotted!! So SICK!!! Pics Inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Default C6 Twin 72mm Top/Mid Mount TT spotted!! So SICK!!! Pics Inside!!

I haven't been on the boards in a while but I've been back the last week or so. I have to thank Atomic Fusion as I was eying his build, wiping away the drool, and it gave me the motivation to search back and pull the pics I had taken of a top/mid mount TT on a C6. The build is ridiculous! Clean, well planned, and freeking gorgeous! It retains all the stock comforts, AC, power Steering, ABS, no after market Alternators like on the PTK kits. Everything is V-banded so it comes in and out easily. They took the time to move all hosing and wiring to eliminate any heat issues. They also coated all hot pipes and had them wrapped in Inconnel to drop underhood temps to probably pretty close to what stock is. Not to mention this all fits under the stock hood. Take a look at the pics and decide for yourself. I was and still am amazed at the attention to detail. Looks like GM put it together! This is my goal, this kind of build that allows insane power but stock look and stock functions. One day....

Dan
Old 08-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

OMG do want....
Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Force Fed Gorilla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very clean. Any other details on the car?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
I haven't been on the boards in a while but I've been back the last week or so. I have to thank Atomic Fusion as I was eying his build, wiping away the drool, and it gave me the motivation to search back and pull the pics I had taken of a top/mid mount TT on a C6. The build is ridiculous! Clean, well planned, and freeking gorgeous! It retains all the stock comforts, AC, power Steering, ABS, no after market Alternators like on the PTK kits. Everything is V-banded so it comes in and out easily. They took the time to move all hosing and wiring to eliminate any heat issues. They also coated all hot pipes and had them wrapped in Inconnel to drop underhood temps to probably pretty close to what stock is. Not to mention this all fits under the stock hood. Take a look at the pics and decide for yourself. I was and still am amazed at the attention to detail. Looks like GM put it together! This is my goal, this kind of build that allows insane power but stock look and stock functions. One day....

Dan
That came out better then expected . Tell N____ to put the alternator back, so it faces the right way (just kidding).

Looks good are you going to be 3rd one?

Mike
Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Force Fed Gorilla

Very clean. Any other details on the car?
Unfortunately I don't have a ton of details, I was too in awe to ask questions. LOL. I know all the stainless is 321 and the wrapping of the pipes was done by some place called Rad Rides?? They do a bunch of the Bonneville Salt Flat cars. It's supposed to drop the temps big time! Believe there's a 4L80E in the car, saw there was a shoot on back with full roll cage so they're looking to go big. Shooting for North of 12 or 1300! Sick for a car that retains all stock options and appears to be truly streetable. I will have to stop back and get some more info. They were pretty tight lipped on this.
Dan
Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 PM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

That is an Amazing looking kit!! I do like the fact that it retains everything and V-band is extra sweet for quick swaps

that is a serious build

Dan
Old 08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I fail to see the ABS module. No big deal, just point the blow off valves foward and that would stop ya! w00t!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Slvr08Z51
Pro

Wow.. That does look amazing! looking forward to dyno #'s!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Slvr08Z51
Wow.. That does look amazing! looking forward to dyno #'s!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love it..

Who did the build?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Tiago
Racer

great looking kit!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Rob G
Racer

Default killer

mabee troy trapanion fro radrides sorry about spelling.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by carlrx7
I fail to see the ABS module. No big deal, just point the blow off valves foward and that would stop ya! w00t!
LOL!! They actually located the BOV's before the cooler on this thing. The abs module was just relocated, they showed me how they just moved it out of the way. One other pic I found

They're using the AMS 1000, so sweet! The alky kit was trick too. I never saw anything like it. It was a 3 nozzle kit but wasn't like the Alky Control one I have, it actually runs off of injector duty cycle. The gauge to the right in this pic monitors the injector duty cycle.
Dan
Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Rob G
mabee troy trapanion fro radrides sorry about spelling.
Rob, yup, that's it, rad rides by troy. Thanks!!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GIO-305
I love it..

Who did the build?
Sorry, sworn to secrecy! I'll have to stop in the shop and see if I can let the cat out of the bag. They were tight lipped, guess the customer wanted this kept pretty quiet.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 440 Likes on 237 Posts

Sorry, sworn to secrecy! I'll have to stop in the shop and see if I can let the cat out of the bag. They were tight lipped, guess the customer wanted this kept pretty quiet.
I was told not to....whoever built it must have some experience with top mounts before. Great looking set up to say the least.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 AM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait till the manifolds get posted... OMG!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Twin 72mm Top/Mid Mount TT spotted!! So SICK!!! Pics Inside!!

Old 08-13-2010, 02:20 AM
tlaselva
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow!

That's got to be one of the nicest TT kit I've seen.

All built by the only person(s) I'd ever have a custom TT built by for my Vette.

I'd love to see the dyno graph for this setup.

I've heard of under the hood heat issues with these top mount TT setups. Do you feel the heat wrap has resolved this inheritant problem? Some people have gone with the stinger hood that has openings in the general area of the turbo's for extra air flow.

Congrats to the owner and the builder. You should both be proud!

Last edited by tlaselva; 08-13-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:40 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tlaselva
Wow!

That's got to be one of the nicest TT kit I've seen.

All built by the only person(s) I'd ever have a custom TT built by for my Vette.

I'd love to see the dyno graph for this setup.

I've heard of under the hood heat issues with these top mount TT setups. Do you feel the heat wrap has resolved this inheritant problem? Some people have gone with the stinger hood that has openings in the general area of the turbo's for extra air flow.

Congrats to the owner and the builder. You should both be proud!
They were confident the inconnel will do the trick heat wise. They said in testing it reduced the heat by about 65%! Everything was wrapped in it so if they can get rid of 65% of stock heat plus modified heat I would guess they should be damn near stock heat. And with the turbo's being mounted mid and giving some clearance on the hood they felt it shouldn't be an issue.
Dan
Old 08-13-2010, 08:56 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Man, normally I am not fond of top mounts because they end up looking like a God awful mess but this one is very clean.

Quick Reply: C6 Twin 72mm Top/Mid Mount TT spotted!! So SICK!!! Pics Inside!!