C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP LS9 Super Charger Kit Complete for LS3 - www.PartsTaxi.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GMPP LS9 Super Charger Kit Complete for LS3 - www.PartsTaxi.com

There has been buzz all over the net this morning about this new kit. I contact GM engineering and got the complete parts list of this kit. It is 63 part numbers and very inclusive of every nut bolt etc you will need. I have 3 ordered and on the way to my warehouse. 1 of which is already sold. MSRP on the kit is $7500, we will be selling for $6698.30. I have attached screen shots of the parts lists for anyone that may want to review.

Lots of you guys know, I like to be very upfront with my pricing and policies. I believe this is a very fair price, especially since this is the first day/month of release of this item. If you decide to order, our website will show a ridiculous amount for shipping, please ignore that. We will charge whatever our shipping costs actually are. I know these kits are comming to me on pallets, but once they get here I will tinker with them and see which way is most cost effective to ship them out.

LINK TO PURCHASE HERE

Lead time on the first 2 orders will be approx 7-10 days (already inbound), after that, I am expecting 2-3 week turn time, but will be able to give exacts when orders are received.

Remember, these are GM parts carrying the GM warranty.

Here are the screen shots of the part numbers included in the kit. These are directly from GM. I might get my hand slapped for posting these

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 07-15-2010, 03:36 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Is this everything one needs to install the supercharger on a C6 LS3 and then drive away(i.e. turnkey)? Belt, hoses, air breather, tune, etc; or does one need to purchase additional items?

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-15-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:49 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Is this everything one needs to install the supercharger on a C6 LS3 and then drive away(i.e. turnkey)? Belt, hoses, air breather, tune, etc; or does one need to purchase additional items?
This is complete kit to work right out of the box. Of course you could always add more to the kit, say a hot cam or something like that. But they did stress this was a complete, turn key kit.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:54 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

The pictures I've seen of the supercharger don't look like it is driven by a 6 rib belt but I don't see new pulleys in that parts list.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I assume this will fit under the stock hood? The ZR1 has a slightly rasied hood to fit the s/c, does it have the same overall look with the valve covers and all?

Can you get a hold of a pdf of the install instuctions? Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:12 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MARSC6
The pictures I've seen of the supercharger don't look like it is driven by a 6 rib belt but I don't see new pulleys in that parts list.
Exactly. That is an 11 rib pulley on that blower. All the tensioners and pulleys in a C6 are 6-Rib and no pulleys are included on that kit. I'm very curious to find out how they propose that the belt be run...
There is also no mention of a fuel system; are they proposing you use the factory fuel pump? I guess that'd be good for stock C6ZR1 power (560RWHP).

Other than that this is very exciting news for a very good price. I hope it works out for whoever buys it; I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

If it would only fit my LS7
Old 07-15-2010, 04:28 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
This is complete kit to work right out of the box. Of course you could always add more to the kit, say a hot cam or something like that. But they did stress this was a complete, turn key kit.
The LS9 has a keyed crank pulley/balancer with 11 rib S/C belt. Does this kit have a new crank pulley/balancer? If not does it have a kit to pin the pulley/balancer? The LS9 has a different water pump with a larger bearing to handle the 60 pound tensioner(required to keep the belt from slipping), also the power steering pump has a larger bearing(for the same reason), do those come with the kit?

Does the kit come with the heat exchanger that mounts in front of the radiator, and the hoses, fittings, brackets, pump and tank?

I'm not familiar with all the GM part numbers/descriptions, so I can't just look at the list you showed and determine just what is included in the kit. Thus I have to ask.

Is GM marketing this kit just for the C6 LS3 or is the same kit being sold to fit, say, a Camaro with the LS3?

The LS9 has 9.1:1 compression. Does the kit have a new pulley to lower the boost to be used with the stock LS3 10.7:1 compression?

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-15-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

The LS9 has a keyed crank pulley/balancer with 11 rib S/C belt. Does this kit have a new crank pulley/balancer? If not does it have a kit to pin the pulley/balancer? The LS9 has a different water pump with a larger bearing to handle the 60 pound tensioner(required to keep the belt from slipping), also the power steering pump has a larger bearing(for the same reason), do those come with the kit?

Does the kit come with the heat exchanger that mounts in front of the radiator, and the hoses, fittings, brackets, pump and tank?

I'm not familiar with all the GM part numbers/descriptions, so I can't just look at the list you showed and determine just what is included in the kit. Thus I have to ask.

Is GM marketing this kit just for the C6 LS3 or is the same kit being sold to fit, say, a Camaro with the LS3?

The LS9 has 9.1:1 compression. Does the kit have a new pulley to lower the boost to be used with the stock LS3 10.7:1 compression?

very good questions, im gonna predict, 'no'
Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Exactly. That is an 11 rib pulley on that blower. All the tensioners and pulleys in a C6 are 6-Rib and no pulleys are included on that kit. I'm very curious to find out how they propose that the belt be run...
There is also no mention of a fuel system; are they proposing you use the factory fuel pump? I guess that'd be good for stock C6ZR1 power (560RWHP).

Other than that this is very exciting news for a very good price. I hope it works out for whoever buys it; I can't wait to see how this turns out!
I'm wondering if this kit is even meant to be installed in a stock vette or camaro. It may be designed to be used with their crate engines in custom cars.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:50 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

I'm wondering if this kit is even meant to be installed in a stock vette or camaro. It may be designed to be used with their crate engines in custom cars.
I realize that the OP is a retailer, but if someone purchases this kit from him and all that's in the box is what is shown in the photo, and he said it was a turnkey kit, he's really going to get some negative feedback. All I see in the photo is a supercharger with the integral intercooler. I don't see all the necessary items needed to install the kit in my garage and then drive it to a show and shine. To me a turnkey kit means I don't have to get on the phone and order belts, hoses, air breather, wiring, connectors, fuel pumps, injectors, and then have fabricate brackets and then find someone to tune it. EVERYTHING that is needed is in the box to be turnkey.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

That's my thinking. The description says the "kit" comes with supercharger, intercooler and gaskets, and that's all the photo shows, the intercooler in bright silver, the supercharger in dark gray, and the gaskets in orange. I think it's a basic generic kit to fit ALL engines topped with LS3 heads. I don't believe it is a turnkey kit specifically engineered for the C6 LS3.

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-15-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm going to assume that a new hood will need to be a part of the install? That will add a couple of grand to the cost consideration. It would be great if we can get PartsTaxi to share the install data/instructions that come with the kit when they arrive...that and a bunch of photos of the real thing which will answer probably 99% of the questions. That computer generated drawing (probably not the real deal) doesn't help much.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
I'm going to assume that a new hood will need to be a part of the install? That will add a couple of grand to the cost consideration. It would be great if we can get PartsTaxi to share the install data/instructions that come with the kit when they arrive...that and a bunch of photos of the real thing which will answer probably 99% of the questions. That computer generated drawing (probably not the real deal) doesn't help much.
Read the parts breakdown he's shown.

The first one #12598642 is the Manifold assembly(in green). All the part numbers and quantities listed below it are what make up the manifold assembly.
Jump to the next one #12629992 is the throttle body assembly(in green). Again, all the numbers and quantities listed below it are what make up the throttle body assembly.

Same for the nest two items listed(in green).

I'm 1000% positive that the "kit" is nothing more then what the photo shows...a supercharger, intercooler, throttle body and gaskets. Nothing more. It is not a turnkey kit to put a ready to run blower, with all necessary parts to do the complete installation, into a C6 with a LS3.

Waiting to hear back from the OP.

When I use the term turnkey, I'm thinking what Edelbrock uses in their supercharger kits. Everything is in the box that's needed for a complete installation...no surprises.

But, if I'm wrong..I'm going to eat crow for many a meal..

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-15-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Read the parts breakdown he's shown.

The first one #12598642 is the Manifold assembly(in green). All the part numbers and quantities listed below it are what make up the manifold assembly.
Jump to the next one #12629992 is the throttle body assembly(in green). Again, all the numbers and quantities listed below it are what make up the throttle body assembly.

Same for the nest two items listed(in green).

I'm 1000% positive that the "kit" is nothing more then what the photo shows...a supercharger, intercooler, throttle body and gaskets. Nothing more. It is not a turnkey kit to put a ready to run blower, with all necessary parts to do the complete installation, into a C6 with a LS3.

Waiting to hear back from the OP.

When I use the term turnkey, I'm thinking what Edelbrock uses in their supercharger kits. Everything is in the box that's needed for a complete installation...no surprises.

But, if I'm wrong..I'm going to eat crow for many a meal..
I'd have to agree with you based on that parts list alone. What's there looks to be a consolidation of the ZR1 supercharger head unit parts available from GMParts. I don't see hoses, pulleys, air filter assembly, heat exchanger, water pump, etc.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You will likely need all the ZR1 front drive parts such as the water, PSTRG pump, alternator, heat exchanger and all the associated brackets etc etc. Its going to be an expensive kit once the rest of the parts are procured to make it all work. Not to mention engine calibration, that was not even mentioned in the parts list. However it is nice that GM is offering the parts as a kit.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:38 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

The silence is deafening.
I just don't think anybody really knows what this kit is yet.

There is also a accessory drive kit available for the ls9.
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...#/dc19a2b8/216

Last edited by MARSC6; 07-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To GMPP LS9 Super Charger Kit Complete for LS3 - www.PartsTaxi.com

Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

I'm sorry I cannot be on the forum 24/7. I spoke again with GM Performance and Powertrain support. As someone else stated, they don't even know everything on this yet. Kenny tells me this is listed as a complete turn key in the notes he has. When I brought up the questions listed above, I was told "Huh, I really don't have an answer for you." This kit/package is so new, not even the top level support staff at GM have all the needed information. The part number list does not show anything with pulleys or belts, so I guess the official GM answer is "Huh, I really don;t have an answer for you".
I can tell you that he was able to confirm that this is going to be sold as off road use only, which means, the parts will be warrantied against manufaturers defects, but you can kiss your factory warranty good-bye.
I will post more information on it becomes available to me.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

I just don't think anybody really knows what this kit is yet.

There is also a accessory drive kit available for the ls9.
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...#/dc19a2b8/216
I do have a customer that pieced together an LS9 super charger set up a few months back. We used the accessory drive kit you are referring to. It's a really nice set up.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
I'm sorry I cannot be on the forum 24/7. I spoke again with GM Performance and Powertrain support. As someone else stated, they don't even know everything on this yet. Kenny tells me this is listed as a complete turn key in the notes he has. When I brought up the questions listed above, I was told "Huh, I really don't have an answer for you." This kit/package is so new, not even the top level support staff at GM have all the needed information. The part number list does not show anything with pulleys or belts, so I guess the official GM answer is "Huh, I really don;t have an answer for you".
I can tell you that he was able to confirm that this is going to be sold as off road use only, which means, the parts will be warrantied against manufaturers defects, but you can kiss your factory warranty good-bye.
I will post more information on it becomes available to me.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Kevin,

I realize the position you are placed in when a new product is released. Early in this thread I posted that if you say the kit is "turnkey" and when someone purchases this kit to only find the blower, the intercooler and the throttle body and the manifold gaskets, you are going to have some very unhappy people on your case. It appeared in your early posts that you were implying your price was a competitive price with other supercharger kits on the market. If your "kit" does not contain ALL the parts to do a complete installation on a C6 LS3(this is a Corvette C6 forum) as the other kit's do, then is your price really competitive? I can buy a Edelbrock S/C kit that is 100% complete, is not for "off road" use only, and will pass emissions in all 50 states, and I can get a warranty for it that includes the engine, transmission and the rear end for the same price as you quoted for kit which appears not to be "turnkey", thus the "off road" classification.
Hopefully, you will find out just exactly what the kit is, and will relay that info to the forum.

Not trying to tell you how to run your business, but as a consumer, I want to know all the details before handing over my CC to a business.

I'm glad to see you state that the "kit" you are selling means that a purchaser will "kiss his [GM]warranty goodbye", but you should place more emphasis on that little detail.

Quick Reply: GMPP LS9 Super Charger Kit Complete for LS3 - www.PartsTaxi.com