C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tvs2300+pontiac G8= ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:28 PM
bent
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tvs2300+pontiac G8= ???

My father is looking at getting the tvs2300/blower cam/springs/lifters/headers/boost-a-pump/injectors/stall converter done on his 08 pontiac G8 GT. It is the one with the 6.0 liter displacement on demand (which will be turned off) and it has factory l76 heads. He is looking for around 550 whp. What do you guys think? will this be a good reliable combo and get that tank moving?
Work will be done at Late Model Racecraft in Houston.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Quijeeboe
Instructor

One of our local Los Angeles shops Haddad Motorsports threw a 122 magnacharger on the shop G8 a couple of years back when they first came out. Seems to have worked out pretty well for them, so I'm going to say that the much improved tvs2300 should be pretty nice too. Don't forget the suspension on that car though, Pedder's makes great shocks and struts for the G8. I had Pedders parts on my GTO and it was a massive improvement over stock.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:10 PM
coletrickle350
Cruising

We actually had the first prototype tvs 1900 on our car.
The car has 30k miles of abuse on it and that prototype has never been off the car.

Please feel free to call us with any questions.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 PM
RCC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bent
My father is looking at getting the tvs2300/blower cam/springs/lifters/headers/boost-a-pump/injectors/stall converter done on his 08 pontiac G8 GT. It is the one with the 6.0 liter displacement on demand (which will be turned off) and it has factory l76 heads. He is looking for around 550 whp. What do you guys think? will this be a good reliable combo and get that tank moving?
Work will be done at Late Model Racecraft in Houston.
Your dad will be pleased with the outcome and LMR is one of the best shops around. I have had very good experiences and a few different builds.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:31 PM
TrenAman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not think you can do much with those DoD engines.. I guess I just learned something new!!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:20 PM
bent
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Quijeeboe
One of our local Los Angeles shops Haddad Motorsports threw a 122 magnacharger on the shop G8 a couple of years back when they first came out. Seems to have worked out pretty well for them, so I'm going to say that the much improved tvs2300 should be pretty nice too. Don't forget the suspension on that car though, Pedder's makes great shocks and struts for the G8. I had Pedders parts on my GTO and it was a massive improvement over stock.
Thanks for the replys everyone. Quijeeboe, are you suggesting suspension mods for improved overall handling, or are there some necessary upgrades needed to prevent wheelhop/breakage?
Old 12-12-2009, 10:22 PM
bent
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TrenAman
I did not think you can do much with those DoD engines.. I guess I just learned something new!!
DoD can be turned off in the PCM, and they will be replacing the DoD specific lifters with LS7 pieces, as well as removing associated plumbing.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Quijeeboe
Instructor

To be honest I'm not sure how necessary it is on the G8 but on my GTO it was absolutely necessary to replace the crossmember bushings even in stock form to tame the wheel hop. Mike Haddad (coletrickle350) is the guy to talk to in this regard. His shop is easily the best regarded GTO/G8 shop in SoCal, and among the best in the country. Hell I'll even let them work on my C6 when it comes time for suspension work. They've treated me very well in the past.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:49 PM
bad habit bird
Instructor

Originally Posted by RCC
Your dad will be pleased with the outcome and LMR is one of the best shops around. I have had very good experiences and a few different builds.
LMR is a great shop!

As for the blower, I bought my TVS blower from Haddad about a year ago, the car has had 15-20k miles on it since the install and still runs like a champ! You can't beat the reliability and power they produce for a street car

Get notified of new replies

To tvs2300+pontiac G8= ???

Quick Reply: tvs2300+pontiac G8= ???