C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techco supercharger released, video inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Techco-Cd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techco supercharger released, video inside

That time has come, Techco has completed the supercharger for the Corvette (LS3 first with LS2/LS7 to follow). This is a brief video and details on what is now available for you all. We are in process of rallying up the troops and beginning our installation process. Any questions, please call us direct. Here you go...................

oh.... STOCK HOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

TECHCO 3.0L REVERSE REVOLUTION
TWIN SCREW SUPERCHARGER™

(2005-Current Chevrolet Corvette)
TECHCO announces the release of their flagship 3.0L Reverse-Revolution Twin Screw Supercharger for the 2005-Current Chevrolet Corvette. TECHCO engineered a 3.0L Twin Screw Supercharger from scratch and designed the reverse rotor lobes to allow for a front inlet induction. This revolutionary Supercharger was first released for Dodge 6.1L and 5.7L HEMI engines and Ford Mustang 4.6L. The TECHCO Supercharger Kit for the Corvette utilizes the largest Supercharger (3.0L) and Intercooler System (118.4 in2) with the most horsepower (585hp) per lb of boost available on the market today, while fitting underneath the factory hood.

Key Features of The TECHCO Reverse-Revolution Twin Screw Supercharger™:

• Reverse-Revolution Twin Screw Compressor with Asymmetric Multi-Lobe Screws
• 3.0L / 180 cu. in. Displacement
• Front Inlet Induction with Integrated Bypass
• 9.5 Inch Long High Flow Intake Runners
• Dual Stage Intercooler System with Single-Pass Coolant Flow through the (2) A-Frame Intercoolers (118.4 Sq. Inch area), Large Capacity Heat Exchanger, High Volume Intercooler Pump and Recovery Tank
• Open Element Cold Air Kit with High-Flow Air Filter with Venturi and High Flow Inlet Tube
• 110mm Billet Aluminum Oval MAFS Housing
• High Volume Extruded Aluminum Fuel Rails with upgraded 54lb/hr fuel injectors
• 8-Rib FEAD (Front End Accessory Drive) with SFI Damper
• Ultra-Light Weight Aluminum Extrusions utilized throughout the design
• Diablo Predator Flash Programmer with TECHCO Calibration
• Detailed Instruction Manual
$8,500.00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjwAa-1Gjc
Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Carlos, any closeup pictures or video of the unit installed?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Techco-Cd
Instructor

Will get close up pictures posted today. We will add videos after we begin the mod process, trying to add exhauast today!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by Techco-Cd
Will get close up pictures posted today. We will add videos after we begin the mod process, trying to add exhauast today!!!!!!
Carlos, could you please not to add music to video, so we can hear the blower in idle and WOT? If possible, idle with hood close to hear the blower sound from outside and inside of t he car.

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Techco-Cd
Instructor

Will do sir.

thank you
Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome stuff guys, I can't wait to see what it does with some headers and a little more boost
Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Awesome stuff guys, I can't wait to see what it does with some headers and a little more boost
Is it me or does that torque look a little low for a twin screw? I was expecting higher numbers on an ls3. Is this at 5 or 6 pounds of boost? I'll reserve judgment until we see 10 pounds with headers and bolt ons. Competition is a good thing though. Very nice packaging!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

I'll bet you, once you open up the back end (headers and 3" exhaust), the curve will look a lot different.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
I'll bet you, once you open up the back end (headers and 3" exhaust), the curve will look a lot different.
Yes, a completely stock exhaust with forced induction can be very restrictive. I am hoping that with long tube headers and a cat-back the car will put down around 530-540 RWHP SAE and 480 RWTQ SAE even with a slight loss in boost.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Techco-Cd
Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Techco-BT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vettethret
Is it me or does that torque look a little low for a twin screw? I was expecting higher numbers on an ls3. Is this at 5 or 6 pounds of boost? I'll reserve judgment until we see 10 pounds with headers and bolt ons. Competition is a good thing though. Very nice packaging!
please remember this is the BASE kit , at 6 psi on the top, made to be EO legal, not need anyother mods, no other fuel system mods, etc, and run on California 91 oct. There is a ton more power to be had with more mods, (fuel system, exhuast, 93 oct etc) and at 6 psi. Just your basic mellow 500 rwhp daily driver. We will be showing higher boost levels shortly, this is just the first taste.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Res1cue
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does seem a little tame. I am looking for 600 550 Tq. What's that going to cost??? Also, what happened to our special group purchase price?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:45 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Techco-BT
please remember this is the BASE kit , at 6 psi on the top, made to be EO legal, not need anyother mods, no other fuel system mods, etc, and run on California 91 oct. There is a ton more power to be had with more mods, (fuel system, exhuast, 93 oct etc) and at 6 psi. Just your basic mellow 500 rwhp daily driver. We will be showing higher boost levels shortly, this is just the first taste.
Got it. That makes sense now. You guys dont run a boost a pump or bigger injectors with the base kit? If thats the case than the numbers are impressive. I plan on either your kit or KB with all the mods at 10lbs with meth. Looking for the 550lbs ft of torque at 3k! Nice Job.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Techco-BT
Intermediate

Got it. That makes sense now. You guys dont run a boost a pump or bigger injectors with the base kit? If thats the case than the numbers are impressive. I plan on either your kit or KB with all the mods at 10lbs with meth. Looking for the 550lbs ft of torque at 3k! Nice Job.
550 ft lbs is not hard to get, what other mods do you want to do? We have late model 3v mustangs with our kit doing 645 rwhp/600 ftlbs rwtq
at 14 psi (engine is only a 5 liter)
We have done a bunch of 6.1 liter dodges with BIG torque (the dodge runs really low duration cams stock and run out of steam before 6k) these are over 600 rwtrq. Are the #s you are lookign for rear wheel or crankshaft?
The SC will do it easy and all day as it keeps the heat build up way down.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:57 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

550 ft lbs is not hard to get, what other mods do you want to do? We have late model 3v mustangs with our kit doing 645 rwhp/600 ftlbs rwtq
We have done a bunch of 6.1 liter dodges with BIG torque (the dodge runs really low duration cams stock and run out of steam before 6k) these are over 600 rwtrq. Are the #s you are lookign for rear wheel or crankshaft?

I will be doing LG long tubes, no cats, 3" pipes into cutouts, tuned on Meth and I can of Torco per tank of gas to raise the octane. It will have an agressive tune on it as well (Charlie at RPM). My goal on the stock block with Charlies tuning is 700 rwhp and 600-625 rwtq. Basically I'm trying to replicate what a bunch of guys ghave done with ECS centri blower on the stock block.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:01 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Very nice package, I see you addressed the issue of low restriction intake with 110mm MAF & open element CAI. OEM looking refinement
Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Basically your kit is competing with the new TVS roots blower and will be competing with the Kenne Bell Twin Screw. Both are good for high 500sWHP and 550ish RWTQ with nothing but headers/exhaust and a boost a pump.
On the centrifugal side most guys are making 550 - 600RWHP at 500 - 550RWHP with some making a lot more...
If your kit can match (not even beat) the numbers other kits are making while fitting under the stock hood and with that awesome twin screw torque curve, it would be a real winner in my book

Get notified of new replies

To Techco supercharger released, video inside

Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
jweek
Instructor

Does it fit under the stock cowl (without use of a power saw)? Is there any cutting/modding required for the install?

thanks,

john
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by jweek
Does it fit under the stock cowl (without use of a power saw)? Is there any cutting/modding required for the install?

thanks,

john
What would you need "Power saw" for?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
jweek
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
What would you need "Power saw" for?
any cutting/modding required for the install?

Quick Reply: Techco supercharger released, video inside