C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin turbos or procharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
little stealth
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin turbos or procharger

Need some feed back from members here i have been considering twins or procharger please enlighten me

little stealth
Old 03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
aTX427

why not both?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I prefer blowers for a street cars. We have proven them to go plenty fast
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer twin turbo's they are coolerand more tuneable you can adjust the boost and power output in every gear or for a novice driver or track conditions you have to change belts pulleys ect...with a blower and the TURBO'S ARE VERY VERY FAST
Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 PM
0EPP
Former Vendor

A ProCharger system is less complex and is easier to install. I've sold a lot of ProCharger systems to people who initially bought turbo systems and got tired of them. We did an APS twin turbo install on a C6 several years ago, shown here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=49 The customer was hoping the car would have more immediate power than what it made. I know the ProChargers feel a lot ore responsive initially than this C6 did. Bob
Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 PM
C6 ROLLER
Burning Brakes

I love my F1A Procharger
It gives me enough power and then some for the streets.
757 RWHP 694 RWTQ and that's NOT cranked up and at only 10 psi.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 PM
atomicfusion
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an APS TT kit and would say that it is much easier to do a Blower build, and normally less expensive depending on the extent you take the build to. I would also agree that the TT kit is more tunable (takes time and money to do that) and is definately cooler than the Blower kit. But ultimately you really just need to decide what you want to do with the car and how much you want to spend. You can get a blower kit for 5-6k and have it installed for next to nothing. You will spend 10k+ on a TT kit before install.

Don't get me wrong, if I was able to go back in time and change things on my kit, it would still be a Twin Turbo, just more custom setup than what I have. I considered the blower route and was going to build a blower car, but power expectations changed, cool factor was a consideration, and since there wasn't a go fast TT car yet I build the TT.

Now we have seen the TT and the blower cars go low 9's and hight 8's. I'd bet that both builds will go faster before long too.

If you are working on a budget you can get great power and enough cool factor out of the blower.

If you really want to go fast you are going to need a bit more than the off the shelf kit for either but can do it with whatever you want.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by little stealth
Need some feed back from members here i have been considering twins or procharger please enlighten me

little stealth
Why don't you ask Carmen ?

Just joined today huh ???
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

I do like TT's but personally am not one of the believers that a TT is "cooler" than a blower car, not sure what that's based on. However, they are nice but either comes down to personal preference. When you look at the amount of $$$ some invest in mods, the dollar difference between TT and blower can be minimal. My preference is ATI.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
atomicC6
Racer

Originally Posted by atomicfusion
I have an APS TT kit and would say that it is much easier to do a Blower build, and normally less expensive depending on the extent you take the build to. I would also agree that the TT kit is more tunable (takes time and money to do that) and is definately cooler than the Blower kit. But ultimately you really just need to decide what you want to do with the car and how much you want to spend. You can get a blower kit for 5-6k and have it installed for next to nothing. You will spend 10k+ on a TT kit before install.

Don't get me wrong, if I was able to go back in time and change things on my kit, it would still be a Twin Turbo, just more custom setup than what I have. I considered the blower route and was going to build a blower car, but power expectations changed, cool factor was a consideration, and since there wasn't a go fast TT car yet I build the TT.

Now we have seen the TT and the blower cars go low 9's and hight 8's. I'd bet that both builds will go faster before long too.

If you are working on a budget you can get great power and enough cool factor out of the blower.

If you really want to go fast you are going to need a bit more than the off the shelf kit for either but can do it with whatever you want.
dont you have a off the shelf APS c6 z06 tt kit.did they have to mod the kit you have as far as turbos or inlets. and if i recall you can still turn yours up, cant you? awesome build you have
Old 03-25-2009, 11:14 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

To answer the question , it really comes down to personal preference of a noisy blower or a more Stealth like turbo system , and of course budget , expected power levels etc .

Bang for the buck I'd say blower with a Cartek flip drive and your good to at least 1000rwhp .

Good luck in your choice " little stealth " .
Old 03-26-2009, 12:24 AM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Different strokes for different folks.

Have you driven a TT versus an SC car? I suggest that you try both. I came from the import side and have owned both, I always have been a big fan of snails.

Look at my sig which is a TT car that I recently sold, very stealth compared to a blower car.

Welcome to the site.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:46 AM
little stealth
Cruising

Thank you all for your answers good info from all
Old 03-26-2009, 11:48 AM
IPS Motorsports
Burning Brakes

The power the superchargers demand is quite a lot compaired to the turbos.

Turbos are defiantly the way of the future, with all of the new launch control devices, boost by gear, and tuning techniques that can create near instant boost (which many often say is the benfit to blowers)

-Brandon
Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

TT all the way.

See sig for pump gas RWHP potential...............
Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
banter
Instructor

It's all down to personal preference really. Try and go out and drive a blown car and a turboed car and see which you think you'd rather have. Personally, I like turbos for their efficiency and quietness compared to superchargers loud whine and demand of power from the motor.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Had a SC car before and now I own a TT car. Its night and day really.

Best idea is to figure out how much you want to spend. If there isn't a budget concern then go out and get a ride from both and see which one you like better because ultimately your going to have to drive it when its all said and done. Hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Twin turbos or procharger

Old 03-26-2009, 09:09 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with a blower kit that was proven over the turbo kits. Say what you want, but I have never seen a turbo STREET car pushing serious power that wasn't always chasing some kind of issue. Just my $.02.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Originally Posted by user_name
I went with a blower kit that was proven over the turbo kits. Say what you want, but I have never seen a turbo STREET car pushing serious power that wasn't always chasing some kind of issue. Just my $.02.
I don't know what to say to this!! The list of exotics and domestic with turbo's is so longgggggggggggggg and all the records or most of the top fastest speed have been set with turbo's. I think this solve's any issue's. 226mph for a Z06 in the standing mile and 159mph 1/4 in 9.21sec problems are solved

The issue that they (turbo cars) are chasing is more more more HP these guys can't get enough of it.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:05 AM
wewing
Burning Brakes

I've had APS Twin Turbos on my car for two years now with no issues, and love it. I would say they're quieter than a procharger, and that the only annoying thing about them is the scavenger pump noise. Boost is definitely adjustable, and since I can tune the car myself, I like that capability. Its definitely a harder install than a supercharger, and about 30% more expensive, but worth it from my perspective.

Quick Reply: Twin turbos or procharger