C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few pics of the fuel & ALKY system in progress

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few pics of the fuel & ALKY system in progress

A few picks of the install progress. The fuel system is good for 1800rwhp on 93pump and 1350 on E85, Some pics before and after hard anodizing... And the ALKY control pump in front fender ala Brabus 2's install ideas... Hope to get it together soon... Still waiting on the 402, but she'll be ready for it and a F1C!!! The Brushless motor ran ALL weekend at PRI (DRY!!!) they wanted to show the abuse these pumps will take
For Now...

after test fit and "Hard anodizing"

Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, are you planning on feeding surge tank with only in-tank pump?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
Looks good, are you planning on feeding surge tank with only in-tank pump?
Yes Sir... The stock pump will just free flow into the 1 gallon surge tank... hopefully I'll never make a run that takes more than 1 gallon + constant refill...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Yes Sir... The stock pump will just free flow into the 1 gallon surge tank... hopefully I'll never make a run that takes more than 1 gallon + constant refill...
The only reason I was asking is when high demand will be present the venturi (jet) pump will likely not transfer fuel adequately from passenger side tank to drivers side... Too many opinions on what minimum pressure for jet pump to work correctly is (some say 50-55+ PSI)... I was just thinking about double recovery time (refill surge tank and xfer fuel from tank to tank).

Mike

Edit --- 1 gallon can be about 30 seconds if you plan on pushing max external pump flow.

Last edited by Skunkworks; 04-10-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:07 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

...DAMN nice setup Big J!! What's this I read; 402/F1C....you Texas boyz have nothing better to do but make your cars go faster and faster Best of luck with the Mr.Big Stage III project!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Brabus2
...DAMN nice setup Big J!! What's this I read; 402/F1C....you Texas boyz have nothing better to do but make your cars go faster and faster Best of luck with the Mr.Big Stage III project!
Yea... You know what I'm dealing with down here... Tryin' to get ready for one Beautiful, Mean, Black, Twin turbo, that's gonna hit the Dallas Streets in about 13 more hours Thank you for all the help, and pics, of your ALKY install!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:45 AM
99 C-5 F1C VETTE
Drifting

Glad to see your going with a Procharger, looks like an awesume job so far. Hope you exceed your power levels to show thr turbo guys who's boss!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Now that look awesome!!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Thanks guys... Taylor almost has all the heat proofing done... all lines covered and surge tank covered with heat retardant material... Gettin' close to the first phase...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
excessive81
Safety Car

i cant tell...are you just using the fabbed up tank in place of one of the stock tanks?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
jnel04
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sorry, I don't really know where/what is going on with the install.

Did you replace the washer fluid container? Is the alky going in the white container or the silver one? Or is the pump just mounted by the white container (washer fluid?)?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 PM
pennys58
SC CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Jeremy,

Set up looks amazing Very well thought out!! Very clean

Also, can you give a little more information on the, " Beautiful, Mean, Black, Twin turbo, that's gonna hit the Dallas Streets in about 13 more hours"...Are we getting a Cali transplant in Texas...because if we are, I'm going to need to get ready as well...Just when I thought I was winding down

John
Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by excessive81
i cant tell...are you just using the fabbed up tank in place of one of the stock tanks?
Excessive,
The fuel system uses the stock fuel tank and bucket to fill the surge tank. (now anodized black and covered in heat resistant material) This allows for stock like drive ability.(i.e. running the tank down to "E") If you just tap the stock tank you have to refill at about 1/3 tank, to ensure against fuel starvation. BOTH stock tanks are still utilized... so you actually gain 1 gallon of capacity... And... the surge tank+baffles insures against cavitation
Jnel,
The washer fluid container is now used for Methanol, and that is the ALKY control pump mounted next to it. The other tank that was silver (now anodized black) is the surge tank for the fuel system, and is unrelated to the ALKY setup... we upgraded the fuel system at the same time as installing the ALKY Control dual nozzle system. So these pictures are of both installs at the same time... I see where it could be confusing...

More to come soon...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:03 AM
atomicC6
Racer

Excessive,
The fuel system uses the stock fuel tank and bucket to fill the surge tank. (now anodized black and covered in heat resistant material) This allows for stock like drive ability.(i.e. running the tank down to "E") If you just tap the stock tank you have to refill at about 1/3 tank, to ensure against fuel starvation. BOTH stock tanks are still utilized... so you actually gain 1 gallon of capacity... And... the surge tank+baffles insures against cavitation
Jnel,
The washer fluid container is now used for Methanol, and that is the ALKY control pump mounted next to it. The other tank that was silver (now anodized black) is the surge tank for the fuel system, and is unrelated to the ALKY setup... we upgraded the fuel system at the same time as installing the ALKY Control dual nozzle system. So these pictures are of both installs at the same time... I see where it could be confusing...

More to come soon...
who is doing the tuning.im about to add alky to my turbo car and turn the boost up and really dont want to drive all the way to houston to get it tuned.i havent had good luck with shops around here.i would like a shop with alot of turbo or forced induction experience to do the tuning. thanks shaun
Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by atomicC6
who is doing the tuning.im about to add alky to my turbo car and turn the boost up and really dont want to drive all the way to houston to get it tuned.i havent had good luck with shops around here.i would like a shop with alot of turbo or forced induction experience to do the tuning. thanks shaun
Shaun,
I've been using Dallas Performance for my tuning, Taylor is VERY well versed with F.I. cars... I use Dallas Performance because the have a load inertia Dyno... It is a Dynojet with all the new bells and whistles... it's great to be able to tune in "real" time... No more run make changes and rerun... P.M. me if you need details they are not a sponsor on this forum...
Jeremy
Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

J,

All I can say is damn fine work....I would love to see her someday.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:00 AM
atomicC6
Racer

Shaun,
I've been using Dallas Performance for my tuning, Taylor is VERY well versed with F.I. cars... I use Dallas Performance because the have a load inertia Dyno... It is a Dynojet with all the new bells and whistles... it's great to be able to tune in "real" time... No more run make changes and rerun... P.M. me if you need details they are not a sponsor on this forum...
Jeremy
pm sent

Get notified of new replies

To A few pics of the fuel & ALKY system in progress

Old 04-11-2008, 12:11 PM
excessive81
Safety Car

so where exactly is the extra tank mounted?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pennys58
Jeremy,

Set up looks amazing Very well thought out!! Very clean

Also, can you give a little more information on the, " Beautiful, Mean, Black, Twin turbo, that's gonna hit the Dallas Streets in about 13 more hours"...Are we getting a Cali transplant in Texas...because if we are, I'm going to need to get ready as well...Just when I thought I was winding down

John
John,
She is here... A very good friend wanted to sell his 2007 Z51 for a Z06, I found a buyer for his Z51, and told him about Richard's (Brabus 2) car, No Z06 could come close to this car IMHO... He bought it, and had her shipped to Dallas... We are drooling over it now... Let me say EVERYTHING you have read about Richard's car over these past couple of years, does NOT do it justice... He really knows how to build and maintain one sweet machine!!!
Richard,
I can't wait to see your next project!!! Man I love cars!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by atomicC6
pm sent
Atomic,
The P.M. didn't come through... please resend when you can...

Quick Reply: A few pics of the fuel & ALKY system in progress