Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:37 PM
kwagner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.

Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. Any dealer interested, please contact me directly or via IM.

Thanks,
Old 04-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Twist
Navigator

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (kwagner)

Yeah, sign me up for that too. I'm lookin' to get make my first Vette a C6 'vert and I need to take advantage of my GMS discount. I wonder when the first dealer will crack and start to offer it...
Old 04-23-2004, 05:32 PM
TRiley
Advanced

As of today, General Motors is not letting the dealers offer GMS pricing to any customer who qualifies.
It is not the dealers fault.
GM is holding the car out of the program.
Thanks,
Old 04-23-2004, 08:08 PM
kwagner
Instructor

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (TRiley)

That is not my understanding. Perhaps Ken Fitchner can provide some insight or confirm?????
Old 04-25-2004, 06:30 PM
misteroman
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Someone(maybe Ken) said on here before they would honor GMS but you had to keep the car for 2 years.
D
Old 04-25-2004, 10:53 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Ken's latest news letter shows it's available, with a two year retention period. In fact, Ken even said he has taken a couple of GMS orders (I'm sure for very loyal customers of his).
Old 04-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Twist
Navigator

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (jschindler)

2 year retention period? No problem! I'm gonna keep this car for quite a long time...
The first dealer to offer GMS (and not just to loyal customers) will get my business....just have to keep an eye out.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06
Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (Twist)

2 year retention period? No problem! I'm gonna keep this car for quite a long time...
The first dealer to offer GMS (and not just to loyal customers) will get my business....just have to keep an eye out.
Why would any dealer want to give up all that profit for anyone but a loyal customer?
Old 04-26-2004, 02:28 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (Another Yellow)

Why would any dealer want to give up all that profit for anyone but a loyal customer?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Twist
Navigator

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (Another Yellow)

I'm not saying that they would....yet. I understand that the dealers are not going to offer GMS yet when supply is low and demand is high, except in rare certain cases to loyal customers. But when supply starts to increase and demand startes to decrease, there will be some dealers out there that will begin to lure in sales by offering GMS pricing to the general public. I'm just curious to see when we will hit that point, and want to be first in line when we do.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:41 PM
RichieRich
Melting Slicks

Received 126 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (Twist)

I admit I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that a car sold at GMS doesn't come out of the dealer's total yearly allocation. If this is true, cars aren't being sold at GMS simply because dealers don't want to be bothered, not because they effectively lose a chance at a high profit sale.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:39 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (RichieRich)

Same situation as when the C5 Came Out!!! You had to keep the car for two years! Nothing new there....

Heck, you couldn't even PEP a C5!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 01:57 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (RichieRich)

I admit I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that a car sold at GMS doesn't come out of the dealer's total yearly allocation. If this is true, cars aren't being sold at GMS simply because dealers don't want to be bothered, not because they effectively lose a chance at a high profit sale.
I really don't think this is true. Why would they "not want to be bothered". They still make a fair profit on GMS units. In fact, my dealer tells me he makes more on me (at GMS) than on a friend of mine who buys everything at invoice. GM pays the dealer a percentage to handle GMS sales.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:16 AM
kwagner
Instructor

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (y2k02c5)

Here is the latest program rules just amended:

A. If purchasing a vehicle under The Programs with cash or through a loan, ownership must be retained for at least six months from the date of delivery of the vehicle, except for Corvette, SSR, XLR and GTO, which have a required retention period of two (2) years from the vehicle delivery date.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:23 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Here is the latest program rules just amended:

A. If purchasing a vehicle under The Programs with cash or through a loan, ownership must be retained for at least six months from the date of delivery of the vehicle, except for Corvette, SSR, XLR and GTO, which have a required retention period of two (2) years from the vehicle delivery date.
I wonder if someone can clarify something. Obviously GM cannot dictate that we keep a car for 2 years. I realize that breaking the rules can cause the employee to lose their rights to this program. But does this really mean you have to keep the car two years, or does it just mean that you cannot buy another vehicle on the GMS plan for two years?
Old 04-30-2004, 11:34 AM
kwagner
Instructor

A. An eligible employee, retiree or surviving spouse may purchase/lease and/or sponsor the purchase/lease of a combined total of six (6) new vehicles per calendar year.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:14 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

A. An eligible employee, retiree or surviving spouse may purchase/lease and/or sponsor the purchase/lease of a combined total of six (6) new vehicles per calendar year.
That still doesn't address the issue of the two year retention period. What happens if you don't keep it two years?

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.

Old 05-02-2004, 11:21 AM
L76
Instructor

Employee may lose his/her GMS purchasing privilege. GM now tracks car history via VIN... and knows which cars were purchased via GMS. Insurance and govenrment agencies and others in the industry also track information about your vehicle via the VIN... Aren't computers great??

This is the reason why online car services like vehix.com and others can give you the background on a used car (e.g. repair history, crash incidents, etc.)

Anyway... the2 year policy is in place on premium GM vehicles to protect dealers and the market price of NEW premium cars by ensuring that the used car market is not "watered down." e.g. if Vettes purchased under GMS were "flipped" - the used car market price (in GM's theory) could be artificially low compared to new car prices it uld have a negative effect on both new and used market.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Fast Lane
Melting Slicks

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (L76)

I waited 4 years for a GMS discount on a C5. I expect the same for myself with the C6. Ken states that he has sold his allocation of 05's already. Good luck finding a GMS dealer, would be nice.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:20 PM
vettsh
Instructor

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (y2k02c5)

As far as a being a loyal customer - my dealership of 25 years refused me a GMS discount or even a free T-shirt! Guess I know what my business meant to them!

[Modified by vettsh, 11:02 AM 5/8/2004]

[Modified by vettsh, 11:03 AM 5/8/2004]

Quick Reply: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.