Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2010 ZR1 for sale $59,995

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 11:15 AM
Flappy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2010 ZR1 for sale $59,995-GONE

Dear Corvette People,

On March 19th of 2019 I was driving with my Wife Lorraine when the unthinkable happened and we were involved in a rollover crash that cost her her life due to a young man's intoxication. Ever since that day I am unable to be in our Corvette without bursting into tears. I see her throwing candy to kids in a Parade. I see her smiling at me, as we are on our way to the beach. So many things, they are all to do with her and therefore the car is haunted to me. Corvettes need love. Mine is dead.

Our Son will be making arrangements, I find myself unable to deal with it. All necessary paperwork is here, no bank necessary.

Do NOT for a second think I want to deal with a consigner or reseller. NOT happening. This needs to be a Private Party affair, mate. I am selling it for a fraction of what it is either worth OR that they sell for, make an offer. Car has 50 thousand miles and therefore I'm considering it "Driver Grade" as I did when I bought it, due to POs piling on almost the entire 40K plus it had by daily driving it. No Mag ride failures, all services done and cats just replaced. Michelin Alpins on all four corners. Ready to go, except her owner bursts into tears at the sight of her, and the neglect from two years of it. It is hard to explain, but the car MUST go.
The interior is the worst of it, that and the windshield, which has obviously been tracked by PO. I munched the CF lip and got ABS for every piece as I intended to track it myself, they will go with sale to include replacement front fender guards in ABS from the guy from Jersey (Apsis) who sourced the original CF ones the PO put on. Have not removed them but the less said about non-gm clearcoat CF being used as accent the better. It is a GREAT three footer as the detail guy and I were commenting. Not a scratch in her speedlines, they look dazzlingly shiny. I will get updated pics and updated contact info here hopefully by today as my Son has the updated photos showing all the warts and we can begin the festivities.

A couple of pics I will attach of it.

More to follow with better contact info. other than forum. Car is in Portland, Oregon. And BIG thanks out to lovely folks at CF for not trashing it, this IS very hard for me and I am sorry NOT to put a price, a major booboo I should have remembered as I know I signed somewhere I wouldn't spam it up here.

Edit again: Brakes are not factory. I have already fitted the RBI racing brake kit, read about what it is and what it does somewhere here on the forums. In short you have Brembo pots and hats with steel rotors and Hellcat pads, a neat deal and far, far better then the sudden drop off OR the 1500.00 cost for a rotor last time I checked for the factory carbon pieces. Done about a thousand or so miles or so ago, I will include all the necessary emails and paperwork as well. Also, I am sorry if I have been tending to this or dealing with it in a fashion that does not please you, it IS a hard row to hoe for me as if you had seen the love of your life for over a quarter century smashed in front of your very eyes you might have some reservations about selling your mutual auto as well. I am sorry if I lashed at anyone, that is NOT the proper spirit to have and for that I am sorry. That being said, my Son is fairly well-informed and does not relish this task, but it IS enough like his day job that he is conducive to it. So low-balling him or trying for too much of a knock is likely going to not have positive results. It is currently the seventh and I will attempt to get to all the PMs today. If I missed you, I'm sorry, send again and they go out in the order received so some of you from two weeks ago have PMs with contact info already. I HAVE seen a few nice offers, and those got a more personal response and a suggestion to take it up with my Son as I was recommending them to his attention.

She's a spirited auto, one of the main reasons I am selling it instead of letting it go to waste.

Picture in Sig is Son, on his very first ACTUAL drive at sixteen in MY first C6.

Last edited by Flappy; 05-01-2021 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Done. Sold.Sold.Sold. NOT to a CF member, either. Most of you are rude. next car is a Porsche
Old 03-21-2021, 12:11 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 360 Likes on 261 Posts

OMG very sorry for your loss...I kind of know what your going through .....Man I'm in NY...Your on the other side of the country....
Old 03-21-2021, 04:21 PM
hieddylol
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss
sent PM
Old 03-21-2021, 07:10 PM
DECON BLUE
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 103 Posts

Asking price ??
The following users liked this post:
yellowzron (03-23-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 08:44 PM
MartyKC
Burning Brakes

Received 483 Likes on 289 Posts

@Flappy that is horrible. So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. Best to you on the sale, and the future of your life. I'll bet Lorraine would want you to live as best you can.

Post a price, I am sure you will get a lot of responses, looks like a nice car.

GLWS.

MartyKC
Old 03-21-2021, 10:02 PM
racerx3317
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 163 Posts

Sorry for your loss. All the best.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:03 PM
ccryder
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I’m very sorry to hear about this for you brother. I’m sure your vette will go to a good home. All the Best.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:10 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Sorry for your loss sir...My wife shares the name of Lorraine...

Good luck with sale...
Old 03-22-2021, 01:05 AM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

condolences
yellow is my fav color and I'm in Eugene, send me a price please
Old 03-22-2021, 12:06 PM
Flappy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to all here.

The post went up yesterday as a courtesy to all the fellow Vette enthusiasts here, to gauge a bit of interest and also to let you folks have first crack at the car.
I am in process of getting it ready for sale and grabbing up all the sundry items I have for it as well as having it detailed. As soon as these are finished I will re-post the NEW pictures and announce pricing for the car. I WILL be lower than most on the market right now as I want it gone soon.

Don't take it wrong that I have NOT responded to PM's, I will, and in the order received, but right now everything is what we might call "fluid" as getting it detailed right now in the monsoon season can be challenging, let alone going to my storage units for such mundanities as the original floor mats. So I WILL be getting back with everybody who responded, just as soon as I have updated photos, pricing and other information.

Thank you all again,
Rick
The following 2 users liked this post by Flappy:
9c1ny (03-22-2021), WA 2 FST (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 12:08 PM
NastyZ
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts

Extremely sorry for your loss.
But pm sent
Old 03-22-2021, 03:11 PM
RICKYBOBBY88
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry for your loss. Definitely interested on the price. Pm me as i can’t message out yet.

Last edited by RICKYBOBBY88; 03-22-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:01 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

I believe the rules state you must post a price on the car for sale. I'm sure you already have a set number in mind. No sense in holding out on posting the number until you get the car detailed. You already have a few members who genuinely seem interested. I bet this car will sell very quickly.

Last edited by DanMan35; 03-22-2021 at 04:08 PM.
yellowzron (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 03:07 AM
z06sood
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flappy
Dear Corvette People,

On March 19th of 2019 I was driving with my Wife Lorraine when the unthinkable happened and we were involved in a rollover crash that cost her her life due to a young man's intoxication. Ever since that day I am unable to be in our Corvette without bursting into tears. I see her throwing candy to kids in a Parade. I see her smiling at me, as we are on our way to the beach. So many things, they are all to do with her and therefore the car is haunted to me. Corvettes need love. Mine is dead.

Our Son will be making arrangements, I find myself unable to deal with it. All necessary paperwork is here, no bank necessary.

Do NOT for a second think I want to deal with a consigner or reseller. NOT happening. This needs to be a Private Party affair, mate. I am selling it for a fraction of what it is either worth OR that they sell for, make an offer. Car has 40 thousand miles and therefore I'm considering it "Driver Grade" as I did when I bought it, due to POs piling on almost the entire 40K by daily driving it. No Mag ride failures, all services done and cats just replaced. Michelin Alpins on all four corners. Ready to go, except her owner bursts into tears at the sight of her.

A couple of pics I will attach of it.

More to follow with better contact info. other than forum. Car is in Portland, Oregon.

sorry for your loss, i pmed you also.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:10 AM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 334 Likes on 195 Posts

How much are you asking for your Zr1
Old 03-24-2021, 04:01 AM
HBGuy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about your wife. A similar event happened to my niece and her fiance last fall. Let me know when you're read to list price and other info.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:50 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,740 Likes on 3,016 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Beautiful car, GLWS

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 ZR1 for sale $59,995

Old 03-24-2021, 10:59 AM
cal45
Drifting

Received 484 Likes on 265 Posts

Heartbreaking...so sorry. Hope you have a smooth, quick sale.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:01 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 334 Likes on 195 Posts

Has anyone heard back or got a pm about a price? I was just curious
Old 03-29-2021, 04:19 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,627 Likes on 1,746 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by yellowzron
Has anyone heard back or got a pm about a price? I was just curious
Hi, owner just contacted me with the price $59,995.

Flappy, good luck with sale, beautiful car at a good price So sorry for your loss
yellowzron (03-29-2021)

Quick Reply: FS: 2010 ZR1 for sale $59,995