Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - $28500

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:34 PM
LS1DIME
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the carpet is coming loose from the console also near the shifter on the driver side, has the interior been removed ?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:08 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

http://www.macdillfss.com/VehicleInf...t.aspx?ID=1568

Previous owner was in Tampa, this may help.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:56 AM
X-rated
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will give you $20,000 no questions asked.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:08 PM
07z51
Advanced

Originally Posted by maigic
Carfax shows Flood damage,mileage inconsistency and 5 owners with the last owner buying it 2 months ago.............Carfax history based retail $19000 is what they are showing.
How many miles have you put on it ?? I am assuming since its not on the carfax the title is not actual miles or exempt?
Mileage inconsistency can come from the auction not lighting up the dash not always an issue. If carfax shows consistent mileage with inspections etc not a problem.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:09 PM
07z51
Advanced

Is this still for sale?
Old 05-11-2016, 10:58 PM
dustinfz6r
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 07z51
Is this still for sale?
Looks like it might have sold on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222106355318
Old 05-12-2016, 07:53 AM
SPDKLZ
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Too bad for whomever purchased the car based on the ad. Still left in that the water only went to the wheels yet he stated here it went into the car and carpet was wet. Wet carpet means all the electronics, wiring, etc on the floor got wet. Lots of connectors there prone to rust and rot if wet.

Ad also states he just did the oil change with new tires and brake pads, yet that is the same thing listed by the previous owner on the MacDill Air Force Base ad with 38,500 miles. So, in truth, this current owner did not have those items serviced and in reality, the guy from who he bought it serviced it.

I am a very low volume used car dealer and there is no way you knock off just $10k for a salvaged vehicle. 50% is more along the lines. One of my current vehicles is a salvaged title 2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X with 63k miles. Was owned by my dad and he bought it new. He smokes cigars and one stayed lit...caught his paperwork on fire in the console. Fire damage was only to the floor console and headliner with smoke damage all over. $29,000 truck deemed total loss due to the smoke damage in the cab (gauges, etc) and on the curtain air bags. I bought the truck back from the insurance company for $1200. He drove it from Houston to Dallas a few minutes after the fire was put out so it ran fine. I changed the console, headliner and had it cleaned and now I use it to haul cars around and as my ranch vehicle. Point is, if insurance companies take losses, there is a reason behind it. Additionally, insurance salvage cars are sold for pennies on the dollar, which is also why the price should be cut by at least half.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:00 PM
ALTRDTA
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDKLZ
Too bad for whomever purchased the car based on the ad. Still left in that the water only went to the wheels yet he stated here it went into the car and carpet was wet. Wet carpet means all the electronics, wiring, etc on the floor got wet. Lots of connectors there prone to rust and rot if wet.

Ad also states he just did the oil change with new tires and brake pads, yet that is the same thing listed by the previous owner on the MacDill Air Force Base ad with 38,500 miles. So, in truth, this current owner did not have those items serviced and in reality, the guy from who he bought it serviced it.

I am a very low volume used car dealer and there is no way you knock off just $10k for a salvaged vehicle. 50% is more along the lines. One of my current vehicles is a salvaged title 2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X with 63k miles. Was owned by my dad and he bought it new. He smokes cigars and one stayed lit...caught his paperwork on fire in the console. Fire damage was only to the floor console and headliner with smoke damage all over. $29,000 truck deemed total loss due to the smoke damage in the cab (gauges, etc) and on the curtain air bags. I bought the truck back from the insurance company for $1200. He drove it from Houston to Dallas a few minutes after the fire was put out so it ran fine. I changed the console, headliner and had it cleaned and now I use it to haul cars around and as my ranch vehicle. Point is, if insurance companies take losses, there is a reason behind it. Additionally, insurance salvage cars are sold for pennies on the dollar, which is also why the price should be cut by at least half.
This is a corvette, not a Nissan titan or any other car you've dealt with. I'll tell you what, you find me running driving 40k mile c6z's that have no current damage with salvage titles, or rebuilt, for less than 22k, I'll buy every one of them... Do you realize you can sell a rolling chassis (fixed) salvage title car for 15k in a day?
Old 05-12-2016, 02:50 PM
07z51
Advanced

Originally Posted by dustinfz6r
Looks like it might have sold on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222106355318
More than I would have paid for a flood car.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:26 AM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1DIME
Looks like the carpet is coming loose from the console also near the shifter on the driver side, has the interior been removed ?
I saw that too, too bad. A nice car probably half ruined. Hopefully a mechanic bought it.

Quick Reply: 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - $28500