Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 Tasteful, Immaculate, Stunning Car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Default FS: 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 Tasteful, Immaculate, Stunning Car!

Well the time has come to put my pride and joy for sale. This car was a dream come true for me to own and I have poured my heart and soul into it everyday over the last 3.5 years. I have been mulling this decision over and over in my head and it just feel like the right thing to do. Funny thing is, from day one, I have always felt like I was driving someone else’s car, not my own. And I have unfortunately (for me) treated it like such. Meaning I’ve babied this car its entire life, I have cleaned and maintained it to obsessive standards and have gone to lengths to make this car the "most TASTEFULLY upgraded C6 Z06" on the forum. I feel like I have accomplished this and here is what I have done to the car:

List of upgrades to Exterior of Car:

Full Leman Blue Repaint of original color (Lemans blue) by my father who has painted cars for over 35 years for Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Buick/GMC, Ford, and Freelance exotic. All panels painted OFF of car. This was done right. Invoice was over $8,000, I had to pay most of this even as family. Paint is an 11/10 it makes the car look just simply amazing. The paint is the cars BEST feature and is what everyone compliments the car on. They ask me what I use on the paint to make it look like a show car! (Full documentation with pictures of course of every step of this process).
OEM ZR1 Carbon Fiber B-Pillar
OEM ZR1 Carbon Fiber Roof
OEM ZR1 Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
OEM ZR1 Carbon Fiber Front Splitter WITH bumper reinforcement
OEM ZR1 Rear Full Length Spoiler
OEM Z07 Carbon Fiber Hood WITH 427 Emblems
OEM 2013 60th Anniversary Cup Wheels Machine Face/Comp Grey Pockets
New Michelin Pilot Sport 2 ZP Tires (just few hundred miles around town still like new)
New Set of OEM Red Z06 Brakes (Rotors, Calipers, Pins, Lines)
$400 Set of New Carbotech One Piece Ceramic Brake Pads (cut down brake dust)
NEW OEM Headlight Lenses
FULL COMPLETE SET OF NEW WEATHER STRIPPING FOR ENTIRE CAR
FULL COMPLETE SET OF NEW EXTERIOR PLASTICS:
Front/Rear Fender Insets
Rear Valence Under Bumper with Lights
Front Bumper Grills Upper and Lower
All Wheel Well Plastics Front/Rear
New Mudguards Front/Rear
New A-Pillars
New Wipers
New Windshield Cowl Plastics
All New OEM Chrome Emblems for Entire Car
GT1 Decal kit to lower Doors driver and passenger (see pics)
New struts for hood and rear hatch

List of upgrades to Interior of Car:

OEM FULL 3LZ Leather Interior (Dark Titanium/Ebony)
OEM Leather Dash
OEM Leather Door Panels with Elbow Pads
OEM Leather Center Console Blue Stitching
OEM Leather Shifter ****
OEM Leather Titanium Center Console Door Padded
OEM 2013 Style Seats with Suede Inserts Blue Stitching
Full Power passenger and driver, Lumbar, Side Bolster Fully Adjustable
Full Set of Front and Rear Lloyds Mats Grey with Z06 Logo
NEW Style Z06 AirBag Emblem
F55 Switch Professionally Wired to act as MILD TO WILD Switch Very Slick
Latest Gen MGW Short Throw Shifter with C6 Box
AUTOMATIC HATCH PULLDOWN MECHANISM
Pioneer AVIC-X940BT Head Unit with iPhone Charger Cable (works on iPhone 5)
Apline 10” Sub and Amp Combo

List of Upgrades to Drive Train and Suspension:

As of 1/2013 Car has 2013 LS7 crate Motor and Trans and Rear End Installed By Powertech Performance in St. Pete (All documented with Pics and Paperwork)
A little history:
When I purchased the car it had warranty work on the motor and suspension in 2007. This didn’t sit well with me and I wanted to do some powertrain mods and address the head issue and generally make the car bulletproof with piece of mind. I have done this in spades. What I ended up doing was killing two birds with one stone: 2013 Motor and Trans and Rear end with fixed head machining issue and before it all went into the car, I was able to cam the motor with a Katech 116 and do some light supporting power mods and tune which I detail below. When I say this is a wicked driving car, I mean it. The car is bulletproof now and drives like a bat out of hell. It doesn’t make ridiculous power because I went for RELIABILITY in the mods not all out power, but honestly, trust me when I say, if you are used to stock power, this is all you’ll ever need.

JUST 5,000 MILES ON COMPLETE POWER TRAIN (all installed together)
Car makes conservative 530RWHP/470RWTQ close to 600HP crank
Katech Torquer 116
PSI Beehive 1151 Springs with Titanium Retainers
C5 Timing Chain
Upgraded 10.5 Quart Dry Sump Tank
Halltech MF103 CAI with Beehive
Fasterproms Ported Intake Manifold
Fasterproms Ported Intake Throttle Body
Fasterproms Tune
Upgraded 2012 style Z06 Radiator with hookups for new style oil cooler
NEW STYLE ZR1 OEM in block OIL COOLER (warms up oil VERY FAST this is one of my favorite features of the car).
Car has never gone more than 2,000 miles without new Mobile 1 Oil and full Oil analysis each time (always came back great)
Oil changed at 1,000 miles on new motor after break in period
Car has only ever seen 7K RPM once, 6K RPM a handful of time
NEVER TRACKED or RACED or LAUNCHED (Street also)
ALWAYS GARAGED KEPT
Only driven on newly paved roads to work (close by to house) or around town. No long road trips.
Sun Shade on windshield on all times when parked
Only once in rain, I use wipers when using water fluid
Never missed a shift in all 10,300 miles I have put on car. (Avg of 2,800 miles a year).
Always have warmed up car to 150 degrees F before taking above 3,000RPM
OEM ZR1 X-Pipe 2011 without cats
OEM ZR1 Cat Backs (x-pipe and ZR1 Cat backs sound MEAN with the torquer cam).
I have had heads inspected by forum guru John_G as of 4,200 miles and all has come back great. He has inspected a large number of LS7 heads and is the inventor of the “tool”
New AutoZone Gold Battery
New OEM GM Alternator
New Starter
New fluids
Suspension is new and completely stock
All of these parts above were installed at the same time to ensure continuity and reliability and in the last year or so and 5,000 miles: Bulletproof
Both Fasterproms and Powertech have done AN AMAZING JOB making this car what it is. Both shops are forum sponsors and have their own specialties and I have utilized the best of both.

Basic Info:

Car is a factory 2006 Z06 2LZ Trim:
HUD
Telescoping Steering Wheel
Power Everything
Factory Nav
Purchased in March 2011 at 70,300K miles
I am 4th Owner (I am in contact with ALL OWNERS 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and of course myself owners and have all their contact information with their permission to give out to buyer and I will always be a phone call away for any questions you have about the car in general I am very knowledgeable about the C6Z)
I have FULL history of car and every inch of this car has been upgraded as you can see above
80,300K miles on Chassis
20,000 miles since 2007 (yes most all miles were in first year of car on long hwy. trips never abused.)
Never been in an accident
No creaks and rattles, fitment issues, ZERO ISSUES with car. It just works.
I am selling because I want to seek out some real estate endeavors at this time.

One Last Thing:

This is an amazing C6Z. One last thing I can say is that I recently test-drove a 2009 Z with 32,000 miles. Stock. It was slow to warm up because of old style oil cooler, the seats were the old style and uncomfortable and didn’t have the adjustability of mine, the stock shifter was loose and imprecise, the power was missing of course since its stock, the sound of the stock cat backs and old h-pipe was disappointingly quiet, the interior was dull and has the old rubber dash and door panels, the paint was garbage with horrible orange peel and was rocked chipped to hell, and the drive train though original has 32,000 miles and no warranty. If you aren’t getting warranty might as well make sure the car is NEW like mine with new heads. When looking at my car, it’s important to look past the year and mileag. This car works in harmony with all the upgrades I have done to be something greater. I have spent 100s of hours just adjusting body panels. I have put that kind of dedication and sweat into this car for the last 1,500 days and my price reflects that. You just have to drive this car to really appreciate it but if you take my word for it, this is a car you won’t be disappointed in buying the second you start it up.

I am asking two prices, please no low ball offers:
Contact info: Louis Eight One Three 9577160
$49,900 OBO as seen in ad above
$45,900 OBO without the following (you’re still getting a hell of a car):
ZR1 CF trim:
roof
b-pillar
Z07 hood
rockers
front splitter
2013 Cup Wheels and Tires
I have the stock replacement parts for this car and all will go with car at full asking price along with a large list of parts I have accumulated over the years.

Shipping is negotiable, no trades.

Many more pics coming.

Example of the time I have spent detailing this car:

Video:

Last edited by forg0tmypen; 08-13-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:18 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Nice car!
If it's me I'm just getting a loan on the car and would keep driving it. Based on all the things you listed your going to take a huge loss on it.
Good luck
Old 08-10-2014, 02:22 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by meanjoe
Nice car!
If it's me I'm just getting a loan on the car and would keep driving it. Based on all the things you listed your going to take a huge loss on it.
Good luck
It's no doubt I probably have close to $35k total in upgrades in this car but someone will be very happy with this car it was done right. Lots of really really nice OEM parts. Right now I just need the cash.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

nice car. Strip it of all the mods, sell mods and car separately.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:33 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mike.D
nice car. Strip it of all the mods, sell mods and car separately.
Prices are negotiable Im will to listen to offers and I dont expect it to sell in a day. I made two prices so if someone wants the car but doesnt care about a few odds and ends then they have that option.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DUDE! You are family. Will be looking for a Triumphant Return in the very near Future.. And one very badass looking Z!!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:06 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DON T.
DUDE! You are family. Will be looking for a Triumphant Return in the very near Future.. And one very badass looking Z!!!!
Thanks! I'll be back. Vettes are in my blood.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:07 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Prices are negotiable.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:33 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Looks like a beautiful car, but seriously, cell phone pics and 15 second 480p video??

Also, your price is WAY too high. Other Z06's with FAR less miles and a lot more $$ in mods sell here for significantly less.

But again, it's a beauty and if it's what someone is looking for who knows.

GLWS.

Last edited by kbreese; 08-10-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:46 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I spy a Rupes, good luck
Old 08-10-2014, 04:54 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Why would you just finish spending all that money and then realize oh i shouldnt have and then take a huge pill selling it?And as others pointed out you re asking a lot of money for a car which bottom line has 80 000 miles on the odometer.It is very tastefully done though.Good luck with the sale .
Old 08-10-2014, 05:02 PM
KLLRVET
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

49k for a 80000 mile 06...id take that for my 32000 mile 06 too
Old 08-10-2014, 05:11 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by KLLRVET
49k for a 80000 mile 06...id take that for my 32000 mile 06 too
Right...
Old 08-10-2014, 05:13 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kbreese
Looks like a beautiful car, but seriously, cell phone pics and 15 second 480p video??

Also, your price is WAY too high. Other Z06's with FAR less miles and a lot more $$ in mods sell here for significantly less.

But again, it's a beauty and if it's what someone is looking for who knows.

GLWS.
It's fair for what you get. If you think it's high make an offer that's less. I agree on the video it's crappy but the pics are clear and in good lighting. I will take many more pics and videos.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:19 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by camirocz
Why would you just finish spending all that money and then realize oh i shouldnt have and then take a huge pill selling it?And as others pointed out you re asking a lot of money for a car which bottom line has 80 000 miles on the odometer.It is very tastefully done though.Good luck with the sale .
I didn't just finish spending all this money. Yes a lot of it is recent but month and months ago. Priorities change. I will be taking a big hit at any price but it's still money in my pocket that isn't as long as it's in my garage.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:37 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
It's fair for what you get. If you think it's high make an offer that's less. I agree on the video it's crappy but the pics are clear and in good lighting. I will take many more pics and videos.
Guarantee it's not remotely "fair for what you get" in most people's opinion. And most of the pics are very low res for today's standards. You can buy $150 camera's that take far better pictures. You didn't state that they are cell phone pics but it's obvious they are. I'm not trying to troll or rag on you, just being honest. Those criticism's aside, I, again, think it's a beautiful Z.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:54 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kbreese
Guarantee it's not remotely "fair for what you get" in most people's opinion. And most of the pics are very low res for today's standards. You can buy $150 camera's that take far better pictures. You didn't state that they are cell phone pics but it's obvious they are. I'm not trying to troll or rag on you, just being honest. Those criticism's aside, I, again, think it's a beautiful Z.
Trolling or ragging? If you're not trying, you're doing an awefully bad job because complaining about pics that aren't clear enough to count the threads on my suede seats is coming close especially when I already said more were on the way... And I still say it's fair. I might endup going lower but "not even remotely" get off the fairy dust did you even read the ad? One day driving and owning this car you would know this is a $45k car plus easy.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 Tasteful, Immaculate, Stunning Car!

Old 08-10-2014, 06:11 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

No worries man, you are entitled to your opinion and I sympathize with your feelings about the cars value.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:22 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,017 Likes on 566 Posts

Your better off keeping the car. You invested all that time and money, you mind as we'll enjoy it. 06 will never bring the money you deserve for what you have in it.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:27 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6
Your better off keeping the car. You invested all that time and money, you mind as we'll enjoy it. 06 will never bring the money you deserve for what you have in it.
It's a done deal as of now. Real estate investments I have my eye on will make up for any losses in time. Part of this money will also be going into a retirement account.

Quick Reply: FS: 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 Tasteful, Immaculate, Stunning Car!