Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 Tasteful, Immaculate, Stunning Car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 06:40 PM
68sixspeed
Melting Slicks

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Congrats, I wish you were not so far away, I'd be interested in the hood!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Well for someone following the market for a long time, you sure wiffed on this one. And all your examples hinge on one thing: the milage and year. You ignore the 100s of billet points I outlines in my ad of upgrades and just focused on those two details. I got a fair offer and for the amount of car the buyer is getting, he is getting more than his money's worth. You just can't see the forest for trees man. I'd also like to hear what you think this is worth. I bet wed all have a great time seeing your "expertise" on the Z06 market.
Originally Posted by kbreese
I've been following it a while too. Recent nice/fair deals I've seen:

2006 Z06, 12k miles $37k (Like new)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-37-000-a.html

2006 Z06, 28k miles with $50k+ in upgrades, sold for $42.5k (Beautiful badass and very well built top to bottom)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-for-sale.html

2009 Z06, 22k miles GMPP until 10/2018, $44-$45k (Gorgeous mint car)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ry-red-oh.html

And not a C6 but but my own mint 01 Z06, 44k miles $15k in upgrades (including $10k worth right before the sale) sold it here for $21k 5 years ago:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...30rwhp-fs.html

I believe in members here giving each other good deals. Not Playing car salesman with all this lame hype trying to get the most you can from some sucker.

Bottom line, although it's a beauty with some nice upgrades, this car is still 8 years old and has 80k+ miles on it. People can get mint low mileage 09's for close to that, still under warranty.
What do you think its worth?
1)That 09' is bone stock.....
2)The 28K Z has been clearly and rightfully so , beat
3) yellow brings less. I dont want it....some might, but there is a million out there.
ps. C5's are a TOTALLY different market not even close to the value of a C6Z
Old 08-21-2014, 07:28 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by 383
1)That 09' is bone stock.....
2)The 28K Z has been clearly and rightfully so , beat
3) yellow brings less. I dont want it....some might, but there is a million out there.
ps. C5's are a TOTALLY different market not even close to the value of a C6Z
1.) It's not totally bone stock and its also a much more desirable 09, and under GMPP warranty for 4 more years, and WAY less mileage.
2.)You don't know for sure that it's been "beat" and even if it was, it's built to the hilt with top quality parts to withstand it.
3.) So the "yellow" (Just because you don't want it) matters more then the huge difference in mileage and price?
I posted my C5 simply to make my point about members giving each other deals. The buyer (fellow CF member) of my car at that time (5 years ago) got a GREAT deal here. The buyer of this car here got ripped off because he bought into the snake oil. Wait until he goes to resell it in a few years with 100k+ miles.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Drifting

1.) It's not totally bone stock and its also a much more desirable 09, and under GMPP warranty for 4 more years, and WAY less mileage.
2.)You don't know for sure that it's been "beat" and even if it was, it's built to the hilt with top quality parts to withstand it.
3.) So the "yellow" (Just because you don't want it) matters more then the huge difference in mileage and price?
I posted my C5 simply to make my point about members giving each other deals. The buyer (fellow CF member) of my car at that time (5 years ago) got a GREAT deal here. The buyer of this car here got ripped off because he bought into the snake oil. Wait until he goes to resell it in a few years with 100k+ miles.

From post #1
As of 1/2013 Car has 2013 LS7 crate Motor and Trans and Rear End Installed By Powertech Performance in St. Pete (All documented with Pics and Paperwork)
A little history:
When I purchased the car it had warranty work on the motor and suspension in 2007. This didn’t sit well with me and I wanted to do some powertrain mods and address the head issue and generally make the car bulletproof with piece of mind. I have done this in spades. What I ended up doing was killing two birds with one stone: 2013 Motor and Trans and Rear end with fixed head machining issue and before it all went into the car, I was able to cam the motor with a Katech 116 and do some light supporting power mods and tune which I detail below. When I say this is a wicked driving car, I mean it. The car is bulletproof now and drives like a bat out of hell. It doesn’t make ridiculous power because I went for RELIABILITY in the mods not all out power, but honestly, trust me when I say, if you are used to stock power, this is all you’ll ever need.

JUST 5,000 MILES ON COMPLETE POWER TRAIN (all installed together)

So I ask AGAIN what do you think its worth?

Last edited by 383; 08-21-2014 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 383

From post #1
As of 1/2013 Car has 2013 LS7 crate Motor and Trans and Rear End Installed By Powertech Performance in St. Pete (All documented with Pics and Paperwork)
A little history:
When I purchased the car it had warranty work on the motor and suspension in 2007. This didn’t sit well with me and I wanted to do some powertrain mods and address the head issue and generally make the car bulletproof with piece of mind. I have done this in spades. What I ended up doing was killing two birds with one stone: 2013 Motor and Trans and Rear end with fixed head machining issue and before it all went into the car, I was able to cam the motor with a Katech 116 and do some light supporting power mods and tune which I detail below. When I say this is a wicked driving car, I mean it. The car is bulletproof now and drives like a bat out of hell. It doesn’t make ridiculous power because I went for RELIABILITY in the mods not all out power, but honestly, trust me when I say, if you are used to stock power, this is all you’ll ever need.

JUST 5,000 MILES ON COMPLETE POWER TRAIN (all installed together)

So I ask AGAIN what do you think its worth?
I've been in this game for 20 years and I can tell you that you don't understand car values. But that's fine, because honestly we need people like you and the buyer of this vehicle in the market. It's helps keep the balance.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Drifting

I've been in this game for 20 years and I can tell you that you don't understand car values. But that's fine, because honestly we need people like you and the buyer of this vehicle in the market. It's helps keep the balance.
Teach me then old school, for the 6th time what do you think it was worth?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:14 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 383
Teach me then old school, for the 6th time what do you think it was worth?
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. In this particular case, that wound up being a lot more then I would pay
Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this man has a right to ask any price he wants for a car he has poured his heart and soul into. This petty sh-t needs to stop. The Z is spotless and looks killer. what his Z sales for will be what he and a buyer come to terms on. GLWS.....
Old 08-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DON T.
this man has a right to ask any price he wants for a car he has poured his heart and soul into. This petty sh-t needs to stop. The Z is spotless and looks killer. what his Z sales for will be what he and a buyer come to terms on. GLWS.....
It sold, so the price was spot on with the market.
At least for those who could afford it.....
Old 09-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do u have close up pics of the whole car. The ones u posted were kind of blurry..
Old 09-13-2014, 06:16 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm glad you got solid money for the car. It likely went to somebody who had a similar vision as you and realized what it would cost them to duplicate. Simple concept, really. A naysayer can't smugly submit that it won't sell, then continue to deny the car's value when it does indeed sell near asking price.

You built a LeMans Blue Z the exact way I would, aesthetically. All that cosmetic attention inside and out is a huge effort and monetary outlay. If I'd tried to start with an 80k mile Z for, say $34k, not only would it be nowhere near as clean as this, but I'd have dropped a lot more than the $10k margin trying to get it there.

If I were that new owner, I'd drop a banging 12:1 438-441ci shortblock in it, and have a killer long-term reliable car making 600whp and looking that good for right at $50k.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:42 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
I'm glad you got solid money for the car. It likely went to somebody who had a similar vision as you and realized what it would cost them to duplicate. Simple concept, really. A naysayer can't smugly submit that it won't sell, then continue to deny the car's value when it does indeed sell near asking price.

You built a LeMans Blue Z the exact way I would, aesthetically. All that cosmetic attention inside and out is a huge effort and monetary outlay. If I'd tried to start with an 80k mile Z for, say $34k, not only would it be nowhere near as clean as this, but I'd have dropped a lot more than the $10k margin trying to get it there.

If I were that new owner, I'd drop a banging 12:1 438-441ci shortblock in it, and have a killer long-term reliable car making 600whp and looking that good for right at $50k.

Thank you. It was a situation where I found the right buyer at the right time. I was very fortunate in that regard. Ive had naysayers tell me what I can and can't do all my life. I knew what my car was worth and I knew I would get it. No way I was letting a brand spanking new 2013 drive train go for $39k. Some people are just looking to rob you.

Quick Reply: FS: 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 Tasteful, Immaculate, Stunning Car!