Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2008 Black Z06, 2LZ, 13.8K miles, has GMPP, complete XPEL wrap: CALIFORNIA

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:07 AM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS: 2008 Black Z06, 2LZ, 13.8K miles, has GMPP, complete XPEL wrap: CALIFORNIA

CAR IS SOLD ************

MANY MORE PICTURES:
http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/co...uyZ06/library/

PRICE:
$46,000 (this includes remainder of GMPP, good until 4/10/2017 or approximately 64,332 miles remaining; also has a separate 3 year/100K mile GM warranty that comes with the new engine)
*** $500 off if you come see the car in person prior to purchase

OR

$45,000 (if you don’t want to GMPP and I get a refund on the remainder. Note that even without the GMPP, this car has a new engine from GM that comes with it’s own 3 year / 100,000 mile warranty that will cover a dropped valve engine failure or other engine issue. So, turning down the GMPP is not unreasonable, especially if you want to get the stock heads reworked with aftermarket fix.)
*** $500 off if you come see the car in person prior to purchase

SUMMARY:
* Stock 2008 Black exterior / Black interior Corvette Z06, 2LZ trim, with about 13,750 miles, under GMPP warranty until 4/2017. Never tracked or raced, just the occasional spirited romp. VIN # 1G1YY26E385103527 .

* Dropped a valve ONE MONTH ago and received a new engine under GMPP warranty in July 2014 (two weeks ago), installed by the our Southern California Corvette expert Donnie York at Rydell Chevrolet, engine comes with it’s own 3 year / 100,000 mile warranty. New LS7 engine has less than 100 miles on it.

* Entire car is wrapped in XPEL Ultimate, “wrapped edges” installation performed by high-end installer. See pictures, the photos speak for themselves.

* Some features: OEM Spyder Wheels with Semi-gloss finish, tinted windows, tinted side lights, black colored 2012 Centennial emblems, Mild to Wild, APSIS padded leather elbow rests, DSVettes padded console cover, aux input jack, bluetooth installed, Michelin Pilot Super Sports with 5 months/2700 miles on them, brand new battery placed July 2014.

---> In an effort to limit responses to serious inquiries and to protect myself from scammers, I will require a picture of your driver’s license to be emailed to me prior to scheduling a visit or test drive. When you come to see the car, I and my buddy will meet you in a public place where we can smile for the video cameras, and I will ask to see your driver’s license again to confirm. Also, note that the new engine is still in the break-in period, so you will have to drive it with alternating RPMs and RPMs not to exceed 4500, as part of the break in procedure. Thanks for understanding.

* If you are obsessive compulsive like me and want a shiny, low-miles, stock Z06 that has been well-cared for, has all documentation, new engine, and has GMPP for almost 3 more years, then this would be a good fit for you.

PM me on this forum (preferred) or email corvetteguyZ06 at yahoo dot com if you are interested. Please provide your phone number in the message.

DETAILED HISTORY:
Very good condition. Trying to be modest here.

I am the second owner, had it for a year and 4 months.

Purchased in 4/2013 as a Certified Preowned (CPO) from Harbor Chevrolet of Long Beach. Being a CPO car, I was able to purchase 4 years of GMPP warranty, zero deductible. Car had around 6,000 miles on it at the time, one owner prior to me, looked great, and clearly was a garage queen. I put another 7,700 miles on it in 16 months, driving through local streets to my work every day and back. Not much time on the freeway.

Prior to purchase, was inspected by Josh Rickards at West Coast Corvettes. After purchase, I had Josh replace all the fluids (see documents). Dyno’d to confirm normal power.

It came with Mild to Wild as the only “mod.” It did not come with a NAV disc from the dealer, and I’ve never needed to use the NAV, as I use my iPhone. Can’t be that hard to get the Nav disc if you want it.

XPEL Ultimate paint protection film is a top of the line, self-healing film. Watch this:

I had XPEL Ultimate installed at Ultimate Shield of Orange, CA, by Sean Heiland. (website: http://www.ultimateshield.com/services.php ) They are one of the top installers in Orange County, and I paid top dollar for a custom wrap, i.e. wherever possible, film was wrapped over the edges of panels, lights, rubber seals, emblems were all removed, etc. $6000 installation. Prior to installation, I wanted the underlying paint - already in great shape - to be corrected for any minor swirls, so I had Moe from Glistening Perfection do a paint correction job (website: http://www.glisteningperfection.com/ ) for over $1600. Less than 2 months ago, I spent another $1500 to have the XPEL on a number of the panels replaced and the rest of the car polished to remove some small water spots. Yes, I’m picky. Who spends $1500 on water spots, I know I know, I'm obsessed. Black color is a hobby unto itself, consider yourself warned. I'm no detailing guru, but if you are new to "black" and new to XPEL Ultimate, I can teach you how to detail this car so that it stays very nice.

I keep it looking sharp. XPEL Ultimate can be treated like car paint/clear coat as it has it’s own clear coat, and can be polished, waxed, sealed etc.

I bought OEM Spyder Wheels, with aftermarket satin (semi-gloss) finish, from Bob at House of Wheels for $1555, the satin finish comes with a 2 year warranty. ( website: http://www.houseofwheelsonline.com/corvette_oe.php )

I had 3M window tint done at Ultimate Shield (see above). The curved rear window is notoriously difficult to tint, as it usually bubbles up over time where the dot matrix is; they did a phenomenal job on mine, looks near-perfect. I later had the front and rear side lights (i.e. orange and red) also blacked out.

I got the comfort mods of premium nappa leather, meridian grain, door elbow rests from Apsis that match OEM ebony interior, $188.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...saver-pix.html

I got the DSVettes padded leather console cover, $240.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...r-console.html

Switched from the stock Goodyears to Pilot Super Sports 5 months ago in March 2014, and have put about 2,700 miles on them.

There was a buzzing sound from the dash, a known problem with some C6 corvettes, and I got the windshield cowl replaced under warranty, buzzing is gone. I have an extra windshield cowl, new, that I’ll give you. I also have a new OEM front splitter ($220 value I think) that I’ll give you. Why do I keep extra brand new parts like those around? I don't know.

This 2LZ car with Navigation did not come with auxiliary jack to play music from mp3 player or iPod. So I bought an after market auxillary jack from Ray Kawal (http://www.kawal.net/auxinput.htm ). Along with it, I got the Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth device to allow handsfree calling AND streaming music from my iPhone.
Product:
Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'll show you an app for iPhone that allows you to capture/save any song you like on Youtube, and stream it offline via the bluetooth so that you're always rockin'.

I’ve never tracked or drag raced this car, this is a daily driver for a short drive through city streets to work, doesn’t even see freeway much.

In early July (i.e. less than a month ago), I was cruising along 5 North freeway and I dropped valve. I had it towed 60 miles on a flatbed to Rydell Chevrolet because I knew that Donnie York is the local corvette guru who has installed countless LS7 engines. Ask around this forum if you aren’t from Southern California and don’t know about Donnie.

New engine was installed by Donnie under GMPP. New engine has under 100 miles on it, and I’m in the process of breaking it in, i.e. varying RPMs and going easy on it. It doesn’t matter that this will be someone else’s car soon, I continue to treat it right because it’ll always be my baby, even after it leaves my home. New engine comes with it’s own 3 year / 100,000 mile warranty, that’s on top of the GMPP that covers the rest of the car for almost three years (4/2017).

Battery was found to be weak while they had it (i.e. two weeks ago) so I paid out of pocket for it to be replaced, comes with 3 year warranty.

PM me if you’re interested in my car, or the email listed above. Don’t insult her with lowball offers, not considering lower offers at this time, I already have a local buyer lined up at a lower price but I'm pretty sure I can get more than what they've offered. Also, will not sell to someone who has not seen the car, you need to come see it and I'll show you every tiny little thing so there are no surprises. I tried to show flaws/blemishes in the picture album on photobucket, see link above. There were two areas with small blemishes that I didn’t take pics of, will tell you over the phone when we speak.

CLOSING:
Thank you for reading. I’m looking for serious buyers who are interested in the GMPP and the complete XPEL wrap that make this 2008 Z06 different from the other low-mile 08 Z06s. These cars are special, so long as you can live with the valve guide issue/fix.

---

CAR IS SOLD ************

Last edited by Adam_W; 07-10-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:41 AM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

One of the best and most detailed for sale threads I have ever seen. GLWS
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Excellent ad. Covers all the stuff that one would want to know. With that new engine, warranties and obviously being well cared for, this sounds like a great deal for someone looking for an 08Z. I had an 08Z, and it delivers a fabulous one with the car experience. GLWS.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:33 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. Hopefully people are seeing this ad.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Questions, anyone?

Last edited by Adam_W; 08-01-2014 at 02:08 AM. Reason: sarcasm - off -
Old 08-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by kstine98
One of the best and most detailed for sale threads I have ever seen. GLWS
Old 08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

PMs have all been replied to. A few buyers have wanted to purchase sight unseen; preference will be given to someone who is willing to come see the car and make sure they are happy with it.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

**** $500 off if you come see the car in person. Have two offers to purchase sight unseen, and I prefer to meet buyer and have buyer see the car to make sure everyone walks away happy with no surprises afterward.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:06 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

I had a full XPEL wrap on a daily driven z06 and it kept it in perfect shape. XPEL is the real deal and worth the extra money.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gatti-man
I had a full XPEL wrap on a daily driven z06 and it kept it in perfect shape. XPEL is the real deal and worth the extra money.
Agree! Makes washing a lot easier too. Important thing with XPEL and any paint protection film is getting the right person to install it, and if you skimp on the installation then it shows up in the quality.

My car is priced lower than similar year/mileage Z06s that don't have XPEL and don't have GMPP, and I think that'll be obvious to those actively hunting for this year/mileage. My car should be a no brainer. I priced it this way in order to move it within a week, as I'm not interested in spending a month trying find the person who will pay the highest price.

Last edited by Adam_W; 08-03-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Car is sold.

For those of you trying to determine a price for your used z06 - just fyi - i should have a priced mine a little higher, plenty of serious buyers at my asking price.

Last edited by Adam_W; 08-12-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Plantspike
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam_W
Car is sold.

For those of you trying to determine a price for your used z06 - just fyi - i should have a priced mine a little higher, plenty of serious buyers at my asking price.
Nah, price was just right

Car was sold to ME!!!!!
Car was sold to ME!!!!!
Car was sold to ME!!!!!

Great guy, Car was just as advertised, no surprises

Now I can't wait for it to arrive in PA

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2008 Black Z06, 2LZ, 13.8K miles, has GMPP, complete XPEL wrap: CALIFORNIA

Quick Reply: FS: 2008 Black Z06, 2LZ, 13.8K miles, has GMPP, complete XPEL wrap: CALIFORNIA