Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Updated 08 Z06 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:08 PM
laboss1
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow tough post I think I will pass listing my g s I do support you their is a butt for every seat. Hang in there
Old 07-02-2014, 07:16 PM
RaysLilVette
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

I think your going to end up like this guy who has had his car on Craigslist since April.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4548517941.html
Old 07-02-2014, 09:19 PM
gearbox
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RaysC5
I think your going to end up like this guy who has had his car on Craigslist since April.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4548517941.html
Needs to be a 2008+ to get 50k imo
but someone who wants a s/c your saving some $$ to buy it already done usually
Old 07-02-2014, 10:04 PM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got $54k for my 08 in April but it was very well modded and perfect. 18k miles

It's just going to have to take the right buyer.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
^^^

" Turnoff " ?? why? Apples to oranges, Z06 vs. base C7. Hard to believe but the C7 looks still haven't grown on some people.
I believe the C7 is one of the best designed sports cars of all time, not just limiting it to the Corvette world.

The point he was trying to make is the C6 Z06 and C7 on a performance standpoint are near identical. So, why not get a brand new car for the same asking price as a 6 year old one? Not to mention you get a brand new warranty and a brand new car.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:16 PM
teghogh
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to give you an idea 15k 06 z goes for 38 in auctions
10k 07 z for 41
12k 08 z for 43
Look it up
Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 PM
teghogh
Racer

I sold my 07 ztwo years ago with 40k miles for 39k . 40 is the magic number when it comes to a used z.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:35 PM
reddevil08
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teghogh
Just to give you an idea 15k 06 z goes for 38 in auctions
10k 07 z for 41
12k 08 z for 43
Look it up
ok mine has 3991 miles. do the math.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 PM
teghogh
Racer

07 prices
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/03cee1lc4pdnkck/AACS5MYptT2ujCmapl6LgZtVa

08 prices
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/407mrf6gw5jro0e/AADuxF1mrPwYdrMiY0rSH92ha
Old 07-03-2014, 10:18 PM
teghogh
Racer

2009 version of ur car with 8k miles was sold at auction for 43k

Last edited by teghogh; 07-03-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:24 PM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My boy, I'm afraid those who might have been interested have now been quite put off by your stated resentment of the answers/opinions not being those you wished to read. The plain fact is as many (including me several pages back) advised we thought the price was simply too high and let it go at that. If you choose to disagree then drop the continuing argumentative banter and wait for a buyer. Your continued firing at those you perceive as insulting you is only going to hurt the attempt to sell.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Jay's Z
Racer

Originally Posted by jdot
My boy, I'm afraid those who might have been interested have now been quite put off by your stated resentment of the answers/opinions not being those you wished to read. The plain fact is as many (including me several pages back) advised we thought the price was simply too high and let it go at that. If you choose to disagree then drop the continuing argumentative banter and wait for a buyer. Your continued firing at those you perceive as insulting you is only going to hurt the attempt to sell.
jdot...I don't think this fool gives two sheets about that anymore.

I think his only interest is in getting max attention in any form he can. In fact, I don't think he really wants to sell his car at all. I think it's all about him being a tool and getting flamed, etc., etc...

Well...he has achieved his goal. He's like a car accident. You really don't wanna look...but you just can't resist.

Show's over.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Rebel Rev
Instructor

Originally Posted by jta98z
Bingo.

People rant and rave that their car is getting no attention but then refuse to hear others out when they tell them their car is priced too high. So it'll just continue to sit until something changes.

I understand it's tough to sell a car for a substantial loss. But that will teach a lesson to do your homework when buying again. I have fallen victim to that myself. Never again will I get over-anxious and pay more than I should. It's frustrating tho. Because I'm in the market for a C6Z myself but all I can come across are people asking too much for their cars and refusing to budge. But I'll just wait it out.
Bought a new car and motorcycle 2 years ago...

Lucky to get half the money back after 2 years... that's life.

Use them and enjoy them... don't worry about the mileage.

I also have a C4 and 14 year old Harley... I use them and enjoy them... you are a long time dead.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:12 PM
reddevil08
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jay's Z
jdot...I don't think this fool gives two sheets about that anymore.

I think his only interest is in getting max attention in any form he can. In fact, I don't think he really wants to sell his car at all. I think it's all about him being a tool and getting flamed, etc., etc...

Well...he has achieved his goal. He's like a car accident. You really don't wanna look...but you just can't resist.

Show's over.
people told me i wasnt going to get 28k for my 02 trans am with 4000 miles on it. but guess what i did.

and to jay's z i am actually trying to sell my car. i wasnt expecting this much attention from one post to be honest. but as i said it seems some car owners are very sensitive on here. and because of morons like your self calling me a tool it makes threads go on and on. does name calling make you feel tough inside. talking **** through a computer. maybe next post you'll send me and angry face.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 AM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by reddevil08
people told me i wasnt going to get 28k for my 02 trans am with 4000 miles on it. but guess what i did.

and to jay's z i am actually trying to sell my car. i wasnt expecting this much attention from one post to be honest. but as i said it seems some car owners are very sensitive on here. and because of morons like your self calling me a tool it makes threads go on and on. does name calling make you feel tough inside. talking **** through a computer. maybe next post you'll send me and angry face.
Wow pages ago you call us P****. What happened don't like it much...

Good luck selling your car, who knows maybe the attention will get

you the price... but I think your attitude will drive a buyer else where.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:18 AM
tony soprano
Instructor

Originally Posted by markzeronine
List it on autotrader and forget about the lowballers on here
OP, you need to market the car to a broader audience than this particular forum. Autotrader, Ebay, local Craigslist, etc. It's a numbers game and the more eyeballs on your car the more likely you'll get *closer* to your asking price. It's imperative that you get some one to help you take quality pics of your car. Good pics make a huge difference in the number of responses you'll get to an ad.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 AM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by golfinz
This is the dumbest thread I've read in a while. It is just simple economics OP. If you post something for sale and it doesn't sell, you are asking to much. Sure, people might think you asking price is appropriate, but they aren't the ones that are in the market. It is highly likely that they have a similar car to yours (low miles and in perfect shape) and could be kicking the tires about selling. Being angry that it hasn't sold yet is just silly. Lower your price a few thousand and watch it sell pretty quick. Don't lower the price and act like a jerk when people give offers that are in line with the market and watch the car sit in your garage

Get notified of new replies

To Updated 08 Z06 for sale

Old 07-06-2014, 10:17 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I sold my 2lt jsb '08 Z last July to make room for the C7. It had 28k, stock except for new Michelin PSSs, 3m film, tint, leather door handles and console cover, hydrocarbon body vents, Lloyd mats and a few other appearance items. The car was immaculate, no dings or swirls, one 1/4" rip in driver seat bolster but came with a spare set of seat skins. It sold for 42,000 in a day and had three other guys begging for it - I then realized that it would have brought 45,000 but had already promised to the first guy that made the offer and I thought that was a reasonable price for a five year old car.
If I was to buy your car for 48 the first thing I would do for peace of mind would be to drop 4k into reworked heads, now we're at 52 - base C7 territory. I loved the C6 and really miss the color but not enough garage space to keep both, same will go for the Stingray when the new Z is available. The difference in resale for a 4k mile car like yours and a 40k mile car is maybe 5-6 grand, that's why my C7 is getting driven as much as possible.
Unless there's another car really calling to you I would say just drive the hell out of it.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 PM
skip89
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default well

now my opinion. It is a $40,000 older style Vette. Go trade it in you will realize what it is worth according to dealer auction price.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Jay's Z
Racer

Originally Posted by reddevil08
...as i said it seems some car owners are very sensitive on here. and because of morons like your self calling me a tool it makes threads go on and on. does name calling make you feel tough inside. talking **** through a computer. maybe next post you'll send me and angry face.
Now you've become a troll on your own thread. You are the only overly sensitive poster here. Post after post saying your price is too high and you get all butt hurt because you don't agree.

And...seriously...you call ALL of us ****** earlier in this thread and then you post this BS above?! I think you're a few fry's short of a happy meal.

Quick Reply: Updated 08 Z06 for sale