Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Rare C6 from Original Pilot in Mar '04

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:02 AM
GCarrHarris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rare C6 from Original Pilot in Mar '04

2005 Corvette Coupe, Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic with 4Speed Automatic Transmission, Transparent roof, and Magnetic Selective Ride, painted silver rims, with 52,000 miles. 1SB Equipment group, including Heads up Display, Power passenger seats, driver position memory. Original MSRP $51,745.
One of the few survivors (Serial number 96) of the first 100 ’05 C6’s from the Pilot Build in March of 2004. This car was originally shipped to Detroit for testing, but later sold through Kerbeck with 2 others from the Pilot. The build sheet clearly states “Pilot Build” and factory document states “built for a particular person or reason”. Wheel wells have signatures of assembly team. (photos available).
It was explained to me that the Pilot run cars are deployed in sequence, and updates from testing are incorporated in downstream vehicles. The final process is to release the leftover units to GM employees (executives) for their use, and to confirm that “infantile failures” have been eliminated. The survivors are then released for sale as used, yet with “A” titles. When I first used the OnStar the attendant responded “ Hello Mr Swartz, how can we help you today”. From that I assume Mr. Swartz was the GE Executive who drove the car for the first 8800 miles, which was on the speedometer when I picked it up at Kerbeck in January of 2005.
The car is in perfect mechanical condition, although driven routinely in the summer months has been garage kept (with dust cover) and seen rain only a few times. The Windshield washer fluid is still original. No Mechanical changes, but a few cosmetic. The entire console and button pods flanking the speedometer were designed and covered in leather by DSVetts. The colors of the leather, Cashmere and Black, are coordinated and aligned with the seam in the dashboard. Unique reversed color stitching was used throughout. Carbon fiber was also applied to mimic the console appearance from later model years. The radio has been upgraded to a Pioneer P3200BT with flat LCD touch screen. It has Bluetooth connectivity, and can play from a memory card, or USB connection. All original parts are available with the car.
Calipers have DSOM matching powder coat with stainless inserts and silver letters. A removable chrome strip was added to the rear valence. A number of removable cosmetic covers have been added to the Engine compartment both in chrome and carbon fiber.
Drive belts and battery recently replaced, but that, aside from annual oil and filter changes has been the only required maintenance. Oil age never below 70%. Zano has been the only protectant used on the exterior and Zymol on the interior. There are no signs of wear. Front tires replaced at 40K as was the Rear End differential oil. Asking $33k based on the potential value of the fully documented Pilot Unit and restorable custom interior. Selling due to health issues. Vin 1G1YY24U1 55100096 Photos at http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/gharris57t/library/

Last edited by GCarrHarris; 04-02-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

And, to make it even better, it was driven by me over the 2004 Christmas holidays! The OP should get more for just for that reason!

I remember when we got those 7 pilot cars in that December. Some of them were a little rough but this was a really nice one which is why I took it. I'm glad to see it's still around!

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 04-03-2014, 09:11 AM
uptownman
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
And, to make it even better, it was driven by me over the 2004 Christmas holidays! The OP should get more for just for that reason!

I remember when we got those 7 pilot cars in that December. Some of them were a little rough but this was a really nice one which is why I took it. I'm glad to see it's still around!

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Rare C6 from Original Pilot in Mar '04

Quick Reply: Rare C6 from Original Pilot in Mar '04