Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Value of NEW 2012 Grand Sport 3LT

Old 03-12-2014, 06:46 AM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Value of NEW 2012 Grand Sport 3LT

I've been watching prices on Grand Sports for some time now, and it seems that 2010 - 2012 coupes are settled from about $40k to $48k for 3LT cars (and the occasional 4LT).

I've also seen 2013's coming at the high side, but I think that reflects dealers continuing to discount from asking prices in the $50k range.

So let's just assume that a low mileage (<15k) 2012 Grand Sport 3LT averages an asking price of $46k. I found a brand new 2012 3LT on a dealer lot, and he's asking $56k (it lists for $69k). While that's a nice discount, I'm wondering if it's realistic.

If this was the car you were looking for in terms of the options and colors, how much would you be willing to go above the average used car price to get a new car?

The car has been available for more than 600 days, so I'm thinking they must be ready to deal.

Steven
Old 03-12-2014, 09:23 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 161 Posts

the issue with a car that has been sitting on the lot for 600 days is how well its been cared for, or lack their of.
Acid rain damage is a very real possibility, they likely have not changed the oil, it likely doesn't move much which is hard on the tires, damage from sitting in the sun to the interior all come into play.
The dealer has likely taken title to the car and it might have an in service date that is 12-18 months ago which is when the warranty started. He took title so he could cash in the big rebates that GM had floating around. Brand new 13's where very close to or below this same number.
Tack on the deprecation as you are buying a 2-3 year old car and your to deep in the hole in my book.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

I wouldn't touch that car. It's been there for that long for a reason.

Same thing happened to me last year on an Acura TSX for the wife. Two 2012 cars were on the showroom floor. Same color one just had a different color leather interior and that happened to be the one the wife wanted. The cars were listed for the exact same price, same mileage, two brand new cars, just 2012s.

So, I went to dealing on the one she wanted and the dude told me he had ZERO wiggle room on the car but the one sitting next to it with different color leather interior he could do 2K off. So it got me thinking. I asked for their dealership sheet on it and noticed the one the wife wanted actually had hail damage they had to repair and that is why they were not willing to discount the car.

That car is 100% there for a reason. If you want to GS find a nice used one.

Van chevrolet in Dallas has a 2013 NRB for 47,999. Its a 4LT also.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 PM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim05C6Z51
I wouldn't touch that car. It's been there for that long for a reason.

Same thing happened to me last year on an Acura TSX for the wife. Two 2012 cars were on the showroom floor. Same color one just had a different color leather interior and that happened to be the one the wife wanted. The cars were listed for the exact same price, same mileage, two brand new cars, just 2012s.

So, I went to dealing on the one she wanted and the dude told me he had ZERO wiggle room on the car but the one sitting next to it with different color leather interior he could do 2K off. So it got me thinking. I asked for their dealership sheet on it and noticed the one the wife wanted actually had hail damage they had to repair and that is why they were not willing to discount the car.

That car is 100% there for a reason. If you want to GS find a nice used one.

Van chevrolet in Dallas has a 2013 NRB for 47,999. Its a 4LT also.
Do you have a link for that NRB? I can't find it - and it sounds like a VERY good deal!

Steven
Old 03-12-2014, 04:33 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by OldCorvetteFan
Do you have a link for that NRB? I can't find it - and it sounds like a VERY good deal!

Steven
Steve,

Looks like it's gone bud. I don't see it on their website anymore. Maybe call them? Van Chevrolet Carrollton, TX

TA
Old 03-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Richard Fitzwell
Account Suspended by request 15 Sept 2016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 gs

Tough spot when something has been for sale that long...makes you wonder.

I have a 12 GS for sale if interested. I'm in Colorado Springs, CO. I have it on auto trader. Search area code 80906. Don't look at the price, I have dropped it to 43000.00

Get notified of new replies

To Value of NEW 2012 Grand Sport 3LT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Value of NEW 2012 Grand Sport 3LT