Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 Fully Built Z 25k Miles-Full Color Change

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:18 PM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by C6CLAYTON
My mistake, I purchased it on Ebay and the reason for title branding wasnt stated and I did not see those horrid pics. The guy I bought the car from said it had already been repaired when he purchased it so he also didnt see it prior to repairs.

I will say considering those pics I am suprised it was rebuilt, but the facility that did it did an amazing job as it looks near original (minus my crazy paint)

I am not a crook, never have, never will. Anyone interested in the car is welcome to take it to a frame shop, dyno, gm tech and any other place of interest. I may even be willing to share the cost for peace of mind of the repairs.

Thanks
So you are saying you bought the car without knowing it was a rebuilt title?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:09 PM
NavyTrident
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with Clayton over the phone. He seems like a good guy. What I think happened here is the previous owner screwed him. When I was looking at the car I couldn't figure out why the previous owner, who is an avid forum member, would sell the car on eBay and not even put it up for sale on the forums.

Well now it all makes sense. I'm guessing he put it on eBay bc your less likely to get someone to question the past of a vehicle there instead of a forum full of enthusiasts.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:00 AM
C6CLAYTON
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pic

I dont know what else to say, the title has said odom discrepancy since day 1 when I got involved. The seller didnt scam me, I got more than what I paid for. Ebay doesnt have a box to check for insurance dated title so to be honest I took the next worst spot and clicked rebuilt/reconstructed.

Here is a picture of the title to hopefully clear up any more issues.

Thanks for the kind words NT I thought I did my best describing the car and sending videos
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 AM
C6CLAYTON
Advanced

And if you google Oklahoma titles you will discover this:

Clean titles = green
Rebuilt titles = orange
Salvage titles = yellow
Junk titles = brown
Old 01-24-2014, 01:48 PM
JFG Racing #1
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What are you looking to trade for it? Car/truck

Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 02:47 PM
C6CLAYTON
Advanced

looking at all trade offers, especially ones that involve some cash boot
Old 01-24-2014, 02:55 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

I don't think the rebuild looks thst bad...

Just the lack of the info
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 AM
C6CLAYTON
Advanced

Bump $35k Firm
Old 01-30-2014, 03:28 PM
C6CLAYTON
Advanced

ttt
Old 02-03-2014, 08:55 AM
C6CLAYTON
Advanced

Sold
Old 03-10-2014, 11:16 AM
prhockey21
Intermediate

Should of taken this shady thread as a serious red flag.....

Clayton shipped me a NON RUNNING CAR. He agreed to pay to have my dealer take care of it. (I agreed like an idiot). Car shows up, electrical issues start popping up immediately. (windows go down on their own, dash goes crazy, doors won't open, ect ect) Have the car towed to the dealer. Dealer fixes electrical issues and determines the non running condition is due to a bad fuel pump. Dealer sends clayton an estimate for the tow, electrical issues and fuel pump replacement. Clayton as promised sends me funds via paypal for the tow and fixing of the electrical. HOWEVER, he refuses to pay to have the fuel pump replaced because he replaced it in October? It doesn't matter when he replaced it, the fact is it didn't work when the shipping company picked it up and it definitely didn't work when it got to me. I WANT MY $1,400!

Also, since the deal was through ebay. The necessary actions have been taken through them...
Old 03-10-2014, 11:34 AM
kthomas
Racer

Originally Posted by prhockey21
Should of taken this shady thread as a serious red flag.....

Clayton shipped me a NON RUNNING CAR. He agreed to pay to have my dealer take care of it. (I agreed like an idiot). Car shows up, electrical issues start popping up immediately. (windows go down on their own, dash goes crazy, doors won't open, ect ect) Have the car towed to the dealer. Dealer fixes electrical issues and determines the non running condition is due to a bad fuel pump. Dealer sends clayton an estimate for the tow, electrical issues and fuel pump replacement. Clayton as promised sends me funds via paypal for the tow and fixing of the electrical. HOWEVER, he refuses to pay to have the fuel pump replaced because he replaced it in October? It doesn't matter when he replaced it, the fact is it didn't work when the shipping company picked it up and it definitely didn't work when it got to me. I WANT MY $1,400!

Also, since the deal was through ebay. The necessary actions have been taken through them...
Sorry for your problems. This is the reason other members jump on these threads when red flags do pop up. Some people immediately feel like they're being bashed and claim it was "unknown to them." But when deals typically sound like a "great deal," they're usually too good to be true. Hopefully he makes things right and hopefully you end up with a vehicle you can enjoy for years to come. Luckily it was purchased through EBay and hopefully they make it right if Clayton doesn't.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Blown04Z06
Instructor

Wow,Talk about a disappointment! That seller should probably edit this previous post of his.

"I am not a crook, never have, never will. Anyone interested in the car is welcome to take it to a frame shop, dyno, gm tech and any other place of interest. I may even be willing to share the cost for peace of mind of the repairs."

Sadly you just cant trust anybody these days.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:51 PM
NavyTrident
Advanced

That's a shame. I almost bought that car too! There were a lot of red flags popping up with that sale unfortunately.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Longbow
Instructor

Ensure you put a negative comment on his ebay account. That's how I do most of my shopping. I look at their rating.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

damn... too bad. Perks of being on the forum, someone knows something about a car...

hope you get the issues resolved...
Old 03-10-2014, 03:47 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

Buying one you know was hit and was rebuilt is one thing, if it's not said from the beginning, someone is being shady. It's really hard to be that stupid with 30k plus cars....claiming you don't know.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Fully Built Z 25k Miles-Full Color Change

Old 03-10-2014, 03:54 PM
prhockey21
Intermediate

Thanks guys... It is a shame Clayton won't live up to his word. After I get it cleaned up it will actually be a very nice car.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:16 PM
prhockey21
Intermediate

Negative feedback posted:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...-feedback.html
Old 03-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Longbow
Instructor

I'll go out on a limb and say he knew about it the whole time. Front splitter was knocked off from an armadillo?? Awfully big armadillo did that damage!!!

Quick Reply: 2006 Fully Built Z 25k Miles-Full Color Change